Nip Tuck Cancelled

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/06/22/nip-tuck-canceled/

fter six seasons of sex, serial killers and silicone, 'Nip/Tuck' will no longer be getting any work done.

'Nip/Tuck,' which co-starred Julian McMahon, Dylan Walsh and Joely Richardson, will have lasted an impressive 100 episodes by the end of its run (the 100th episode wrapped shooting on June 12). But according to the LA Times, fans won't get to see the big farewell until 2011, as the final season has been split into two parts (cue the stress wrinkles).

I can't say it isn't overdue. I really like the first 3-4 seasons - they really pushed the limits of what was shown on a commercial driven cable series.

The shark jump could have been at any point, but I think the Great White was the relocation from Miami to LA. They also somewhat suffered from the Sopranos syndrome - too far in-between seasons, too short seasons, seasons broken in half.

Another issue is that because of the delay, FX might just opt not to show any of the final episodes. That would be a shame.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
They announced the cancellation at the end of the last season's airing, I think. Another article and interview (sorry, no link) said they have 19 more episodes that will likely be broken up over two more seasons, one to air in 2010 and the other in 2011. So yeah, the finale won't air until 2011, but they aren't delaying all of them for two years.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you, the move to LA didn't help the show at all. :p Too bad they won't get the pain over with and finish the final season this year, but like was stated that halving of the season's is also a problem. :p

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
Yeah, this has been out and about for awhile, and the shark has been jumped. As annoying as it is to wait when shows delay like The Sopranos; I don't wonder if its better for them to have a script of everything, film straight through, and then release scheduled episodes. Some of these short 6, 8, or 10 ep seasons can keep a show gritty-the way Nip/Tuck used to be.

Although I aways thought this show really represents how bipolar America is. We can't see Janet's Jackson's boob during the Super Bowl but we see and hear much more on Nip/Tuck.