Top Gear's 'The Stig' is Schumacher (allegedly)

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/06/22/1245522766886.html

Fact or another brilliant publicity stunt? I'm hoping Top Gear experts (re Perks) can shed some light on this.

The Stig is a mysterious driver who posts lap times in various cars that the show selects to feature. He/she also trains celebrities in certain aspects of selected vehicles and the track to be used to post track times.

If you've read any of Jeremy Clarkson's books/blogs/headlines, he's probably a little 'loose' with the truth. But, always a showman and great at marketing the show.

With Webber scoring another rare podium finish, I'm surprised Jeremy didn't 'suggest' again that he Webber is The Stig'.

What's your thoughts? Could The Stig really be Schumacher?

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
It's gotta be 'who'. He/she beat some professional drivers on that track. Since the 'Black Stig' came out we were all hoping for a big name behind the wheel as the 'White Stig'. If any show could pull off a big name in such a role - it would have to be this one.

JJ

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree it is a 'who'. But as to the who the 'who' is, who knows? That is part of the fun, right?

Love the show. :)

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
It's gotta be 'who'. He/she beat some professional drivers on that track. Since the 'Black Stig' came out we were all hoping for a big name behind the wheel as the 'White Stig'. If any show could pull off a big name in such a role - it would have to be this one.

JJ

I agree it is a 'who'. But as to the who the 'who' is, who knows? That is part of the fun, right?

Love the show. :)
Must you live so relentlessly in the real world?

Fine then, I'll tell you.
If you don't want to know, don't highlight the whited-out text below.
If you do, do.

He's more than one man.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ............. (I guess you can tell I checked the white bit).

THE STIG IS REAL. ONE MAN (MACHINE). AND, A LEGEND.

I'm not really into cars but I dig the show, can you tell?

JJ

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I have it on some authority that it's this clown:

JamieStigIII-1.jpg

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still think it's one of the guys from Daft Punk.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't there a new Stig?

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
I personally think that Michael Schumacher really is The Stig, and that last night's show where they unveiled him was a double bluff, like nobody would believe it was true even though it was. Anyhow, that's my conspiracy theory for today ticked off. For any souls brave enough to click on a link that may destroy their dreams, confirm their suspicions or, erm, do nothing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-use-FOUR-different-mystery-test-drivers.html

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
I think not. Certainly not JUST Michael Schumacher, because the Stig gives racing instruction to the celebrities before they drive the car around the lap, and he has a very distinct German accent. Somebody would have noticed before now and outed him. I think.

I loved last week's episode where they went on a camping holiday and Jeremy destroyed 2 caravans (their own and someone else's) in a fire.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't see how it could have been Schumacher, unless we're only talking about the last two series of Top Gear. He would have been too busy when he was still driving for Ferrari and Schumacher lives in Switzerland. He's a huge celebrity, making him quite conspicuous were he bopping around England anywhere near the Top Gear people.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
As mentioned in the Mail article above, the Stig is Ben Collins who often works with the show in challenges and as a stunt man. Others have filled in for him on and off throughout the various series including Julian Bailey, Jonathan Kennard & Phil Keen. Perry McCarthy was the original.

This come from the top, the top I tell you!
(rather, a colleague is very much in the know)

But, please, don't believe me - keep the faith! The Stig is immortal! :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I just watched the episode. That was terrific.

Those three, plus The Stig are invited to whatever party I may ever throw.