PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear's 'The Stig' is Schumacher (allegedly)

JJ Cooper
06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/06/22/1245522766886.html

Fact or another brilliant publicity stunt? I'm hoping Top Gear experts (re Perks) can shed some light on this.

The Stig is a mysterious driver who posts lap times in various cars that the show selects to feature. He/she also trains celebrities in certain aspects of selected vehicles and the track to be used to post track times.

If you've read any of Jeremy Clarkson's books/blogs/headlines, he's probably a little 'loose' with the truth. But, always a showman and great at marketing the show.

With Webber scoring another rare podium finish, I'm surprised Jeremy didn't 'suggest' again that he Webber is The Stig'.

What's your thoughts? Could The Stig really be Schumacher?

JJ

Bmwhtly
06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
What's your thoughts?Well, there's a lot about ponies.

Could The Stig really be Schumacher?No.

Really, no.

The answer to that question is no.

It was a feint to annoy the papers and interwebbery that constantly 'reveal' whom they think The Stig is.

JJ Cooper
06-22-2009, 04:58 PM
So, who is The Stig?

JJ

Bmwhtly
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
There is no 'who', only 'what'

JJ Cooper
06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
It's gotta be 'who'. He/she beat some professional drivers on that track. Since the 'Black Stig' came out we were all hoping for a big name behind the wheel as the 'White Stig'. If any show could pull off a big name in such a role - it would have to be this one.

JJ

Ambrosia
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I agree it is a 'who'. But as to the who the 'who' is, who knows? That is part of the fun, right?

Love the show. :)

Bmwhtly
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
It's gotta be 'who'. He/she beat some professional drivers on that track. Since the 'Black Stig' came out we were all hoping for a big name behind the wheel as the 'White Stig'. If any show could pull off a big name in such a role - it would have to be this one.

JJ

I agree it is a 'who'. But as to the who the 'who' is, who knows? That is part of the fun, right?

Love the show. :)Must you live so relentlessly in the real world?

Fine then, I'll tell you.
If you don't want to know, don't highlight the whited-out text below.
If you do, do.

He's more than one man.

JJ Cooper
06-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ............. (I guess you can tell I checked the white bit).

THE STIG IS REAL. ONE MAN (MACHINE). AND, A LEGEND.

I'm not really into cars but I dig the show, can you tell?

JJ

Bmwhtly
06-22-2009, 06:16 PM
There's also some suggestion (I've no idea how accurate) that it won't be too long before there's a Stig 3.0

BTW, I have a new profile picture.

Perks
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
If Michael Schumacher is The Stig, I'll eat my hat.

The Stig is hilarious.

Perks
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I have it on some authority that it's this clown:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/Perks_album/JamieStigIII-1.jpg

poetinahat
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
I still think it's one of the guys from Daft Punk.

Williebee
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I have it on some authority that it's this clown:

And wouldn't that just be the coolest freakin' gig to have?

Perks
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I'll bet she's a crap driver. Probably goes really slow and sings in the car.

roonil_wazlib
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Some say his skin has the texture of a dolphin, and that wherever you are in the world if you tune your radio to 88.4 you can actually hear his thoughts . . . .

Perks
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Some say he sleeps upside down like a bat and that his earwax tastes of Marmite...

Bmwhtly
06-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Some say his right nipple is the same shape as the Nurburgring

BenPanced
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
The BBC are neither denying the confirmation nor confirming the denial. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8111588.stm)

Vincent
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Isn't there a new Stig?

robeiae
06-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Burt Reynolds.

ReallyRong
06-23-2009, 02:07 AM
I personally think that Michael Schumacher really is The Stig, and that last night's show where they unveiled him was a double bluff, like nobody would believe it was true even though it was. Anyhow, that's my conspiracy theory for today ticked off. For any souls brave enough to click on a link that may destroy their dreams, confirm their suspicions or, erm, do nothing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1123502/The-Stig-s-unmasked-Top-Gear-use-FOUR-different-mystery-test-drivers.html

euclid
06-23-2009, 02:24 AM
I think not. Certainly not JUST Michael Schumacher, because the Stig gives racing instruction to the celebrities before they drive the car around the lap, and he has a very distinct German accent. Somebody would have noticed before now and outed him. I think.

I loved last week's episode where they went on a camping holiday and Jeremy destroyed 2 caravans (their own and someone else's) in a fire.

Perks
06-23-2009, 02:55 AM
I don't see how it could have been Schumacher, unless we're only talking about the last two series of Top Gear. He would have been too busy when he was still driving for Ferrari and Schumacher lives in Switzerland. He's a huge celebrity, making him quite conspicuous were he bopping around England anywhere near the Top Gear people.

clockwork
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM
As mentioned in the Mail article above, the Stig is Ben Collins who often works with the show in challenges and as a stunt man. Others have filled in for him on and off throughout the various series including Julian Bailey, Jonathan Kennard & Phil Keen. Perry McCarthy was the original.

This come from the top, the top I tell you!
(rather, a colleague is very much in the know)

But, please, don't believe me - keep the faith! The Stig is immortal! :)

Perks
06-23-2009, 06:18 AM
I just watched the episode. That was terrific.

Those three, plus The Stig are invited to whatever party I may ever throw.

Bmwhtly
06-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh, and while we're all here, I thought I'd share something with y'all that was shared with me.

This (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4294/sa0532small.jpg) is a bit awesome.

roonil_wazlib
06-23-2009, 06:53 PM
The Stig doesn't have a name like you or I. His name is the sound of a racecar's engine. He wasn't born, he arrived on the Top Gear set dressed in his white suit and helmet. No one knows if he even has a face. I personally believe if he took off his suit and helmet there would be another one underneath. Take that one off and there's another, just a bit smaller.

Silly people.

Perks
06-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I personally believe if he took off his suit and helmet there would be another one underneath. Take that one off and there's another, just a bit smaller.

I think if he took off his helmet, it would breach the only thing shielding us against the black hole that is his head. We'd all be sucked in and dematerialized. It's a kindness, that helmet. He's saved us all.

Bmwhtly
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I personally believe if he took off his suit and helmet there would be another one underneath. Take that one off and there's another, just a bit smaller.

I think if he took off his helmet, it would breach the only thing shielding us against the black hole that is his head. We'd all be sucked in and dematerialized. It's a kindness, that helmet. He's saved us all.

Some say, this (http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/ashjohn997/lil_stig-1.jpg) is what's under his helmet.
(Note, not my photoing skills, I stole it)

Captain Scarf
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I am the Stig.

Best Wishes,

Love,

The Stig

roonil_wazlib
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I am the Stig.

Best Wishes,

Love,

The Stig

Liar! The Stig doesn't have fingers. It's more like a mit - all he really needs them for is to hold a wheel and shift gears.

Therefore, The Stig cannot type.

Captain Scarf
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Curses! Discovered!

Millicent M'Lady
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM

:roll: