PDA

View Full Version : Blog for your inspection

Sam Grover
06-22-2009, 05:52 AM
http://valuable-lessons.blogspot.com

Enjoy! Or, better yet, tell me why you didn't.

pmadams
06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
The layout is very clean and organized. The only thing I would suggest is maybe breaking your material down into smaller bites.

veinglory
06-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Your font size seems to be too large for your line spacing?

calidore
06-25-2009, 06:01 AM
I didn't read "A Different World" because the font was distracting and making my eyes go wonky; but "The Super Youth Commercial" was hysterical. I left a comment on your blog. Your writing is vivid, funny and very believable. I look forward to reading more.

http://calidorespeaks.blogspot.com

Sam Grover
06-25-2009, 07:46 AM
That was a fantastic comment, thank you.

For your viewing pleasure, I've adjusted the font on "a different world."

calidore
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I was able to get through the entire reading of "A Different World." I think that if you speak the way you write, you must be an excellent story teller. Your words have the ability to capture and hold the attention of it's reader, I know it did for me. You have a great gift for describing a scene or character and making it very real and vivid. I can actually picture it in my mind; like t.v. in my head. lol. I look forward to reading more.

BigWords
06-26-2009, 06:44 AM
I love the crazy school stuff. Kinda reminds me of the International School in Broadstairs, only that was not as obviously kooky. If someone could shoot a fly-on-the-wall documentary, I would definitely watch it. :)

Sam Grover
06-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Calidore: I do, although people don't always want to listen to 1000 words. But yes, to answer your implied question, I am quite cool.

BigWords: I wish. I just powered through 4 seasons of the American Office, where in the place of a laugh track they just have one character (Jim, for the record) look at the camera and make a face. Since I saw it, I began doing that...except there is no camera. So I just look silly.

razibahmed
07-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Sam,
I don't know what your goals are about this blog. If you dream to make it a successful blog then you should post more often.
Your content is useful and I don't mind reading long entries if they contain useful information. You should add Feedburner option for the visitors. You can also put Sitemeter (it is free) for tracking your visitors.

Sam Grover
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Really I just use it to display my writing capabilities to potential employers. I try to post about once a week but I'm on vacation at the moment so don't really have time. I'll look into feedburner but I use google analytics, which provides me with a veritable treasure trove of information.

veinglory
07-15-2009, 08:56 AM
The blog design is fine, I am wondering of you are using your clip art legally. I would have to admit that although you make good points I think it is with a faint tang of moralising. You might want to also consider your own foibles a bit as well?

Sam Grover
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
I have none.