PDA

View Full Version : donations?

Marcus
06-22-2009, 02:48 AM
When i joined i read that when you donate you get a bigger avatar and a bigger inbox blah blah.

So i just dropped some coin and...... eyebrow twitch, I don't see any change.

Is there a time lag, does a Mod have to acknowledge the change?

Just wondering.

Matera the Mad
06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
:e2violin:

poetinahat
06-22-2009, 09:15 AM
First, on behalf of the ownership, thank you for your donation! (it's nowt to do with the volunteer help here, except that donations keep the Cooler going!)

Second, the owners/admins will see the record of your payment and act on it. If you have questions, it's best to contact MacAllister.

Or, you can post more about it here, and maybe one of the more heinous admins will bestow upon you a large "surprise" avatar. We will all be amused, and you will know you have been hazed warmly accepted into our cosy community.

Cheers, Marcus!

Marcus
06-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I've posted on dozens of forums and rarely have I ever had the experience of learning at the same time as having good fun. I figured a small drop in the bucket was worth it. :)

Medievalist
06-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Marcus, the User changes have to be made by hand, by Mac, usually.

I've gone ahead and done it though. You need to log off, and log back in.

Marcus
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Cool. Thanks for the attention. Sorry if it seemed like i was banging my own drum, somehow i thought the changes would just be automagic. I thought about PMing a mod, but figured the question was good enough for others to know about as well. :)

thanks again.

Medievalist
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Cool. Thanks for the attention. Sorry if it seemed like i was banging my own drum, somehow i thought the changes would just be automagic. I thought about PMing a mod, but figured the question was good enough for others to know about as well. :)

thanks again.

Nah, it's fine, and thanks for supporting AW, and welcome to the asylum Water cooler.

Matera the Mad
06-23-2009, 06:03 AM
(just in case you ever need something) IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) is my favorite tool for making avatars out of my own photos ;)

Marcus
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Thats Cool. Will have to check it out!