PDA

View Full Version : The Saturday Night Pity Party Cheer Up Thread

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 07:31 AM
So what are you feeling sorry for yourself over tonight?

Me? Well, thanks for asking. ;)

I had a fairly decent morning. Reviewed what I wrote last night. Made some fairly decent changes.

Started working on my house some more. I was doing okay until I lifted this solid teak wood bench off my front porch and carried it down the concrete steps to the garage. I immediately felt my back strain. So I went to go have a bit of lunch. Was idly watching a bit of tellie, when it started pouring buckets and buckets. The down spout near my kitchen window sounded like someone had shoved a fire hose down it and turned it on full blast.

I thought, OH NO! (A month ago my basement guest bedroom flooded a bit. ) It's rained a lot since then but it hadn't done it again. Then it hit me why, the down spout had been plugged, TILL YESTERDAY when the handy man cleared it. So I run outside in a hoodie, shorts and my flipflops...(you know the lavender ones with purple daisys on them.) The water in the flower bed was standing three inches deep already. It wasn't flowing down the hill side because of ll the roots and bark and mulch. I grab a little hand shovel I take camping and start digging a little trench (okay it was a little indent in the soil about two inches deep and three inches wide, like the little mini rivers we made as kids when we played in the water and mud) away from the house and down along the concrete curbing flower beds. I'm thinking...this is the very reason for the flooding...So I'm all happy..soaking wet out there but I know I've solved the problem and it's going to work.

I stand up, step on to the lawn and look back again at the little trench thingy...and I slip on the wet grass. I came down really hard on the slope. I slammed into my left elbow, jarring my left shoulder, twisted both wrists and I try to catch myself as I fall on my butt and twisted a left knee AND my right ankle.

I'm in so much freaking pain I want to scream.

*smooths her hair* *sigh* There I feel better now. Feel free to send me flowers, chocolate and a fifth of Southern Comfort. And I happily accept photos of Jude Law...but email them, let's not clutter up AW with such things. ;)

So...as I said...what do you feel sorry for yourself over tonight? :)

spamwarrior
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
NOOOOOO!! Are you ok? Go to a doctor or something if you're not feeling right.

I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm procrastinating. And I'm feeling sorry that I didn't sleep last night. And that i have writer's block and I'm unmotivated to start the Sunday School lesson.

som1luvsmi
06-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Tomorrow is Father's Day and this is the first one without my dad(he passed away last July). We weren't what you'd call close, but, I still loved him because...well, he was my dad.

I used to be sad that I didn't have a better dad, but now, I don't have one at all.

I don't know. He annoyed the heck out of me when he was alive. But I wish I had tried to be a better daughter and visited him more.

I'm just kinda sad.

BTW, I hope you feel better soon, Cass. :)

spamwarrior
06-21-2009, 07:47 AM
*huggles to everyone in this thread*

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 07:48 AM
NOOOOOO!! Are you ok? Go to a doctor or something if you're not feeling right.

I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm procrastinating. And I'm feeling sorry that I didn't sleep last night. And that i have writer's block and I'm unmotivated to start the Sunday School lesson.I think I'm okay, things are just really sore. Insomnia is really hard on a person. I have been really working hard on correctly my sleep patterns. If I don't sleep one night I don't sleep till the next night so I can fall asleep earlier. *hugs* Is the Sunday School lesson you need help with? :)

Tomorrow is Father's Day and this is the first one without my dad(he passed away last July). We weren't what you'd call close, but, I still loved him because...well, he was my dad.

I used to be sad that I didn't have a better dad, but now, I don't have one at all.

I don't know. He annoyed the heck out of me when he was alive. But I wish I had tried to be a better daughter and visited him more.

I'm just kinda sad.

BTW, I hope you feel better soon, Cass. :)I'm so sorry for your loss. Both my parents passed within the last three years. My father three years ago, (barely knew him) and my mother last year. I know how you feel, neither parent were very good but when they're gone it's hard to accept because you know now there's no chance things will change.

:Hug2:

Thanks, I hope I do too. :)

som1luvsmi
06-21-2009, 07:51 AM
:Hug2::e2grouphu for you both.

NeuroFizz
06-21-2009, 07:52 AM
So sorry, Cass. Take care of yourself.

I'll play. Mine is very minor in comparison to yours, but in the same ballpark. On Saturday mornings, I do one of my gym workouts--this time a heavy session with weights followed by a class that has a mix of aerobics (about half of the hour), balance, coordination, and core strength tracks. I felt a twinge in my lower back when doing shrugs in the weight room--I go really heavy on that one with a stand-up free-weight machine and 360 pounds of weights on (8 - 45 lb discs). I've built it up to specifically to help strengthen my back, which gives me problems from time to time. Anyway, I feld the slight twinge, but certainly not the "electric sock" like feeling I get when I really trash my back. Anyway, I went through the rest of the weight program and through the class without any problem, but sliding in to my car to drive home, I did feel a muscular stiffness suggesting minor spasms. The stiffness is continuing, with the feeling that the back is in that high-risk zone where just the wrong move will trash it and give me a week of recuperation. So, I'm trying to be careful with it. I'd recruit Mrs. Fizzy's magic hands but she is having fun on a girl's night out. I'm sitting here with the kids asleep, felling sorry for myself.

The good news--one Father's Day gift is a 1.5 hour professional massage at the Yoga studio tomorrow at 11:30. They have a new massage therapist. I trust she'll know a think or two about tricky backs. And no, all of the HOLers out there, it's not the kind of place or kind of massage where a happy ending is a possibility.

Cass, I'll let you know how the massage works out. Maybe you should indulge yourself similarly.

som1, I lost both of my parents within six months almost ten years ago. Father's and Mother's days are still tough, so I just go in the closet or shower and have a little conversation with them.

spamwarrior
06-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Nope, i just did the sunday school lesson. One thing I get frustrated with is just how darn EASY this games are. The kids play them, and they get bored midway. They're 3rd and 4th graders for goodness sakes. I took the games from the lesson book but I'm pretty dissatisfied with them.

Neuro, enjoy the massage! Happy Father's Day!

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 08:06 AM
So sorry, Cass. Take care of yourself.

I'll play. Mine is very minor in comparison to yours, but in the same ballpark. On Saturday mornings, I do one of my gym workouts--this time a heavy session with weights followed by a class that has a mix of aerobics (about half of the hour), balance, coordination, and core strength tracks. I felt a twinge in my lower back when doing shrugs in the weight room--I go really heavy on that one with a stand-up free-weight machine and 360 pounds of weights on (8 - 45 lb discs). I've built it up to specifically to help strengthen my back, which gives me problems from time to time. Anyway, I feld the slight twinge, but certainly not the "electric sock" like feeling I get when I really trash my back. Anyway, I went through the rest of the weight program and through the class without any problem, but sliding in to my car to drive home, I did feel a muscular stiffness suggesting minor spasms. The stiffness is continuing, with the feeling that the back is in that high-risk zone where just the wrong move will trash it and give me a week of recuperation. So, I'm trying to be careful with it. I'd recruit Mrs. Fizzy's magic hands but she is having fun on a girl's night out. I'm sitting here with the kids asleep, felling sorry for myself.

The good news--one Father's Day gift is a 1.5 hour professional massage at the Yoga studio tomorrow at 11:30. They have a new massage therapist. I trust she'll know a think or two about tricky backs. And no, all of the HOLers out there, it's not the kind of place or kind of massage where a happy ending is a possibility.

Cass, I'll let you know how the massage works out. Maybe you should indulge yourself similarly.

som1, I lost both of my parents within six months almost ten years ago. Father's and Mother's days are still tough, so I just go in the closet or shower and have a little conversation with them.oh man, Fizzy...I know where you are...I've been trying very hard not to move the right side of my SI joint. I had a slight crack in it 9 years ago and it's been threatening me all week with getting the house ready for the photo shoot on Monday.

I'm probably going to grab my newly returned son on next Saturday and head up to the massage therapy school. :) Happy Father's Day a bit early btw. I think you're an awesome Dad.

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Nope, i just did the sunday school lesson. One thing I get frustrated with is just how darn EASY this games are. The kids play them, and they get bored midway. They're 3rd and 4th graders for goodness sakes. I took the games from the lesson book but I'm pretty dissatisfied with them.

Neuro, enjoy the massage! Happy Father's Day!
You know what I do with kids that age? I'd have them grab their scriptures, pick a story from it and give them each assigned roles. Have them read as they act out their part. You'd be surprised all the acting lessons from each of them they give. It usually ends up in one big giggle fest.

spamwarrior
06-21-2009, 08:10 AM
That would be an awesome idea. I'm only the games director for a class of 3 kids though >.<

som1luvsmi
06-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Happy Father's Day, Neuro! :)

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 08:12 AM
That would be an awesome idea. I'm only the games director for a class of 3 kids though >.<Even better. That way it doesn't get too rowdy. LOL

spamwarrior
06-21-2009, 08:19 AM
And my little brother is one of them XD

Pretty fun. I love them.

I'll think about. Maybe next time.

NeuroFizz
06-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks, guys. I suspect there will be a thread about it, but to all of the dads who read here--Happy Daddy's Day.

Matera the Mad
06-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I want to join Volunteers Anonymous.

Cassiopeia
06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
And that makes you feel sorry for yourself, Matera?

aadams73
06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm hugging the lot of ya. Because I'm nice like that.

And I'm not even squeezing anyone's butt.