I feel pretty and witty and AGENTED!

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
It's official--I got my signed contract of representation in the mail today.

This is book 5 for me, and as always, I had some fabulous beta readers, whom I will thank more extensively elsewhere. I started querying the book in January. Seriously querying it, as you'll note from my signature. That was new for me. I'd never gone "all-in" on querying, but the magnificent people of the Purgatory thread helped carry me through the requisite onslaught of form rejections. When I wanted to give up, they harassed chastised encouraged me.

I got the call June 2, but was braced for it to be a revise & resubmit or something. I've heard the stories of people who got great phone calls that ultimately ended in rejection. Thank goodness, the third thing the agent said after "How are you?" and "Good to talk to you" was "I want to send you a contract," so I didn't have to wonder what the outcome was. (*note to agents--this really is a kindness. If you're gonna offer, do it right off the bat*)

So now that I have the official paperwork in my hands, I'm happy to say that my agent is Robert Brown of Wylie-Merrick, who also reps the amazing Heather Sharfeddin. (Her third novel Windless Summer, which just came out in May from Random House, is excellent.) Considering the number of rejections people are getting citing the publishing industry in the doldrums, I'm astounded that someone is willing to take me and my weird little book on. Which weird book is titled Ugly and the Beast.

And now it's back to housework for me. :D

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Wonderful news! Congratulations. I'm glad the phone call didn't end in a rejection. Now celebrate!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on your awesome news!!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, missus!

You really, really deserve this.:hooray:

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Yay, Redzilla. Happy for you here. Hope you're celebrating there.

kap

DeeSoul

Caffeine Diem
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome exciting news -- so glad to hear the details!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif