PDA

View Full Version : Research question

Kate StAmour
06-21-2005, 05:22 AM
What are your favorite down-to-earth (read: not boring) resources regarding: Tantra, Ancient Zen sexual practices, etc?
I really think I need to flesh out (ha ha) my bookshelf, particularly if I plan on writing more erotica.

Thank you!
Kate

arrowqueen
06-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Not sure about Tantric or Zen sex, but 'The Perfumed Garden' and the 'Kama Sutra' are classics. (They've produced a pop-up version of the latter, which I think would be quite amusing.)

For kinkier stuff, you probably need a frisson of Freud and possibly a peek at 'Psychopathia Sexualis.' by Krafft-Ebing.

Giles English
06-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Reay Tannahill "Sex in History" is a great general source with a good bibliography. You might try that.

iasomie
06-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Reay Tannahill "Sex in History" is a great general source with a good bibliography. You might try that.

Yes, that is a very good one. Most of my resources, however, are for the Middle Ages and Wales, not so much sex. So I'm afraid I'm not very helpful in that department. :Shrug:

veinglory
06-28-2005, 03:57 AM
I don't really use the more esoteric practises in my erotica. I do have the Shere Hite report and sone history books abotu sexual practises in different cultures.

Kate StAmour
06-28-2005, 05:30 AM
Y'all rock. Thank you!

Kate