PDA

View Full Version : Seeking beta for mystery-thriller

j.s.cutler
06-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm looking to find a beta reader (and glad to repay the favor)

My novel is "Misprnit" (and no that's not a misprint.) It's about 85k of the mystery-thriller genre,. A wee bit of profanity, but nothing else that would offend. The short hook is a newspaper editor who reads his own obit in the paper and has to uncover the crime before it happens.

I'm not so much looking for grammer/punctuation feedback as I am pacing, plot and character development. The manuscript has been edited already a few times and is in good shape.

I'm game for beta reading any kind of mystery/thriller genre. Not a big fan of fantasy or scifi, but I do like history, politics, crime, or business topics. Some of my favorite authors are Follett, Connelly, Archer and Clancy if that gives you an idea.

This is my first experience as a beta reader, but I've been a newspaper editor for ten years so I'm guessing I'd be a decent editor.

I'm looking for a real, honest critique and would provide the same.

Hugh Jands
06-21-2009, 06:04 PM
I may be the reader you are seeking. I am a newspaper editor/writer myself and I am working on a mystery novel right now. I'd be happy to trade services with you.

burgy61
06-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I would be willing to give it a read also, thrillers are right up my alley. I hope to have mine ready to go out to a beta soon so your timing is right.

j.s.cutler
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'd be glad to do both. Send me some more details if you like: jcutler [at] clipperpress [dot] com

TheAntar
06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Cutler,

If you want to hit me with the first, say, 5 chapters I'll read those for starters and assuming it grabs me I'll do the rest? If that sounds okay, let me know. :)