To: sunshadow - every heard of a opion

Status
Not open for further replies.

writersliving

Registered
Reaction score
are you calling me prejuice. I don't how you feel have you every heard of a opion and that's my opion and that yours. so keep how you feel about me to yorself, I have no prejuice toward any man. I have one myself . maybe you are the prejuice one!

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Hi,

It's not necessary to start another brand new thread in which to address something that was already in another thread that you created. To continue the conversation, just continue it in the original thread, here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14560

Also, I don't believe the original poster is actually calling you prejudiced. She was merely asking if that view wasn't possibly prejudice. She didn't say "you are prejudiced," but rather "don't you think that's kind of prejudiced?"

You gave your opinion, and she gave hers. It appeared that you were asking for others' opinion in your initial thread, anyway, were you not?

One more thing: I thought this thread you're referencing looked a little familiar. You started one similar to it here, with over 50 replies, and here's another one that someone else started and you commented in, also dealing with the same subect matter.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
writersliving said:
are you calling me prejuice. I don't how you feel have you every heard of a opion and that's my opion and that yours. so keep how you feel about me to yorself, I have no prejuice toward any man. I have one myself . maybe you are the prejuice one!

Originally posted by sunshadow
Um, don't you think that's kind of prejudiced? I know there are male romance writers who read this forum, don't you think it will make them feel sad and angry if you say they're worse at what they do than women just because of their gender?

I've met some very romantic men, and some not-at-all romantic women. I can think of some excellent romance written by men. While there are certainly more women than men who write romance, I don't think there's any difference in quality between the average female romance writer and the average male romance writer.

I've read through your posts, writersliving, and I think you're taking things just a wee bit personal. I've seen/read noone belittle you, or insult you. I've read posts where some share a difference in opinion, but you've gotta' expect that on a board like this with so many different people. You've expressed your opinion and others have shared theirs. You can't expect everyone to post only if they share the same view as you and then think it's okay to start threads like this when one doesn't...

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Allow me to help some of you who may be confused.

Prejuice: [Noun] The scented air that leaves the container prior to the actual juice pouring out. Very low in calories.

Opion: [Noun] A member of a highly secretive cult prevalent in the late fifties, early sixties. A follower of the famous child star character from the Andy Griffith Show - Opie, who led a secretive cult in the Hollywood hills in the late fifites.

- World Wide Internet Dictionary 2005

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Let's not be mean. I was trying to suggest that she improve upon her spelling and grammar, not make fun of it.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, KTC - I agree. But what do you do when the person kicks the messenger and ignores their words?

Noone is ENTITLED to do anything in this life. I don't believe people should demand anything just because they FEEL they are something in their own minds. Re: I don't believe someone should demand respect as a writer just because they SAY they are a writer. And I definitely don't feel somebody should demand respect without giving it.

You learn to do the thing or you don't. If someone tries to help someone and then becomes a target for doing so - I have lost sympathy for the case.

My opinion:

Don't tell me you're a writer - SHOW ME. Proper grammar and spelling and - sheesh - everyday common use of the english language are the bare essentials of what a person needs to be a writer. It's only common sense.

What would anyone think if I barged into a woodworking shop and demanded they treat me like a carpenter and berated them about it - and I couldn't even hold a hammer? Or wield a tool? Or knew anything about wood?

And then got pissed off when they tried to tell me so?

If there is no effort to improve and accept helpful comments from your peers here, then there is no need to be a member here.

We are here to become better writers - through hard work and effort - not indulge each other's self-delusions.

Helping somebody is fine and dandy. But when they say:

Shut up and don't tell me how to do it - if you don't like the way I write - too bad!

Do we say: OK, glad to have you aboard?

Not to mention that attempts were made to help this person in the past and the result was blatant plagiarism.

So what do we do?

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I understand completely where you are coming from, Broken. And, I couldn't agree more. I was merely hoping that this person would understand, eventually, through the advice of the masses, that we are only making suggestions that would make her a better writer. I understand your frustration. Sorry. I probably spoke out of turn.

Writersliving>>>Please understand that we are only suggesting the better grammar, spelling as a way to make your writing more presentable. I would suggest that you type out your posts in MSWORD before you post, just to ensure a clean post. This is a writing forum, and you do want to come across as a writer. Spell/grammar checking your posts would help you to do that.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Unless writersliving or sunshadow feels the need to make another appearance in this thread, it would be best if everyone drop it. KTC is absolutely right. The constructive criticism writersliving has already received obviously touched some nerve, and there's no need to exaggerate the point. Julia, Lori and myself have already spoken to her about it.

So let it go.

And no -- there is no evidence this poster has ever plagiarized. So far, it seems writersliving and Chelle are two different people.

If you feel the need to continue this conversation, there is a thread already brewing in Take it Outside. But keep Jenna's rule in mind: RESPECT your fellow writers.

Last edited:

SLake

Banned
Reaction score
hehehehehehe,

Apologies, I'm not much help here, but I enjoyed the posts and I often find repetition soothing.

Edited:
OOOPS, I didn't notice the last post there, panic, panic -- how do I delete this one!???

Status
Not open for further replies.