I can promote your books on TV, cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtiberio

Registered
Reaction score
I own a book store and I advertise on TV. I am willing to help promote authors in exchange for sharing some of the costs of TV airtime.

I can run ads nationally for about $1 CPM. Much more effective than internet advertising.

here is an example of an ad I did recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv1nKdVWqyI&feature=channel_page

if interested give me a call. 260-399-6111

dave
cheapbooks.com

dtiberio

Registered
Reaction score
more info

A little more info...

most of the books featured in the commercials are just random books I have laying around, or sometimes if I am out of town I go to the local bookstore and buy some books. (I learned what a rip off the major booksellers are; they sell most new books at full price). when I am done, I usually just give the books away.

not a lot of thought goes into which books are in the commercials. I'm usually in a hurry, shopping on location in another city, and there are only so many cookbooks for sale at walmart.

what I can do is use your books as props in national tv spots for a small fee. maybe even promote your book by title and the author name. perhaps along with 3 or 4 other authors. if the air time is shared with 3 or 4 books, it will probably cost 10 cents to 25 cents per thousand households (not viewers, households).

when I run tv commercials, I might buy a few thousand dollars worth of air time for each spot. but my goal would be to reach 10 million households for $2500. happens often....

so for $500 I can pretty much guarantee your book will be seen on tv by 10 million households. I think it is a pretty good deal.

dave
cheapbooks.com

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
. . . (I learned what a rip off the major booksellers are; they sell most new books at full price). . . .
That does not make them "rip offs" -- it makes them retailers with expenses to cover (leases, utilities, staff, advertising, administration/management) and a margin to make. (They are probably paying 60 percent of list price for those books, or possibly a little less with promotional considerations.) And of course, many DO discount best sellers and some offer membership-card discounts (I almost never pay list price, even at B&N or Borders, and often 20 - 30 percent below list).

Good luck with your endeavors, but there is no need to trash the industry.

--Ken

8thSamurai

Registered
Reaction score
Huh? Stores sell merchandise at full price. If there's overstock, or less demand than imagined, the price goes down. Where's the rip off?

It doesn't lend much faith to the rest of the ideas.

Spinetinglers

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spinetinglerspublishing.com
I hate to say it but the guys are right - your idea appears interesting but by slagging off the big stores and being negative you automatically make me doubt what you're saying - want to sell to me? Focus on your positives, forget about being negative about the competition.

Team 2012

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
mayancalendargirls.com
Play games like internet checkers on XP and there's this ad that comes up saying, "Hire My TV ad". Got to be the same concept.

Wondering what relationship it might have to this particular proposition slopes off very quickly

Spinetinglers

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spinetinglerspublishing.com
Play games like internet checkers on XP and there's this ad that comes up saying, "Hire My TV ad". Got to be the same concept.

Wondering what relationship it might have to this particular proposition slopes off very quickly

Now that's scary!

Like the Mayan calendar but four days before Christmas - I'll have bought the presents and won't get any Christmas Dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.