Hosting Recommends?

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I was trying to do a search, but the search wasn't working for me at the moment.

I have shopped for hosting over the last 10 years, and HostGator was my previous favorite. Recently, they have screwed up my billing. I tried to downgrade as I didn't need the space they were giving me, and for some reason they not only charged me for my current hosting, but for an additional hosting package, and charged me three times in the same month.

Support has been hard to work with, so I'm just going to drop it and find someone else.

I'm looking for hosting with the following features:

• Host unlimited domain names/websites
  • Unlimited MySQL databases (or like a really high number I'll never be able to reach) I need to be able to access them, not just have them.
  • Reasonable amount of bandwidth, and inexpensive additional bandwidth added if ever needed
  • Fantastic uptime, not a promise, but they actually keep to their word about uptime, and I prefer a garuntee of uptime or money back/toward next bill or something
  • I prefer cPanel with an up-to-date Fantastico script installer (I can install myself, but this is such a time saver.)
  • I'd like to see reasonable email responses to queries, tech and billing
I also prefer a hosting company that works with a monthly billing plan at a great price. I don't like paying for a year in advance.

Come on you geeks, show me what you know about hosting.

roonil_wazlib

Smile.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
earlymorningfog.tumblr.com
I have my website with Active Web Hosting. They're a fantastic host and, for $10 a month, you get unlimited webspace, no bandwidth overage charges, MySQL, 99% uptime, unlimited FTP and PHP accounts and quite a bit more. I've been with them for years and I've never had a problem.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I have a couple sites (for clients) through hostmonster.com. I haven't explored too deeply so I'm not sure if they do everything you ask, but they seem to offer a lot and are relatively inexpensive.

Good luck.