Vice versa

Reaction score
thread subtitle: in which scarletpeaches and tt42 swap lives.

I'm a rabid anti-outliner; thethinker42 has writing-related-OCD. Trust me, I've seen her Excel files and formulae working out how many words she must write to bring her chapter average up to 1,478.72 words exactly by 11:56pm.

But over the past few months, she's been outlining less and less until this morning she announced:

"I'm binning the ouline for Between the Lines."

:Jaw:

So to show solidarity, I've decided to outline a novel. I don't need to; I can happily write 150k without any pre-planning at all, but I do lots of things I don't need to each day, just to see if I can.

Yes.

tt42 is pantsing it and I'm killing off my creativity by chaining myself to an immovable outline. :D

It'll be interesting to see what this does to my creativity and productivity.

And to tt42's characters.

Could be fun. If there are any other pantser/outliner friend-pairings on AW, why not try it too? :D

Wish us luck. We'll either discover new reservoirs of...something.

Or die in the process.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Great. Now it's on AW. That means it's as good as written in blood.

*deep breath* I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Reaction score
Great. Now it's on AW. That means it's as good as written in blood.

*deep breath* I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

I'll even write out of sequence with decimalised chapters if it keeps you happy, my sweet.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'll even write out of sequence with decimalised chapters if it keeps you happy, my sweet.

Yes, you must. Without an outline, some of my out-of-sequence writing and decimal point chapters will probably go.

Unless of course, I think of something that needs to go into the story earlier on, at which point I will insert a decimalized chapter and - SQUEEEEE!!! I'll be back to my old ways.

Elincoln

Official Daydreamer of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lincolnfj.com
It's way past April 1st, so it's not an April's Fools prank.

Um, please tell me this is just a Full moon phase and not a sign for the end of the world.

Please. Someone?

*Starts stocking the basement with essentials.*

Reaction score
Yes, you must. Without an outline, some of my out-of-sequence writing and decimal point chapters will probably go.

Unless of course, I think of something that needs to go into the story earlier on, at which point I will insert a decimalized chapter and - SQUEEEEE!!! I'll be back to my old ways.

So. When can I expect to take delivery of your husband?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'm a rabid anti-outliner; thethinker42 has writing-related-OCD. Trust me, I've seen her Excel files and formulae working out how many words she must write to bring her chapter average up to 1,478.72 words exactly by 11:56pm.

In case you don't believe her, I have blogged about what an OCD case I am.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Personally, I don't like corduroy pants, very much. Jeans are okay, but it's really hard to find a decent pair for a decent price. Most of the time I wear shorts, anyway. Though, once and a while, I'll wear sweatpants. But then, it's generally hot, here. One time when I was wearing sweatpants, I took the dog for a walk in the rain. Then she shook and got my sweatpants wet. And then I smelled like wet dog. I wish I had been wearing shorts, then. But maybe I should have waited until the rain had stopped before I went on the walk. Of course, the dog didn't want to wait. But that's how dogs can be, sometimes. Oh, I just remembered another time when I was wearing pants. I had to go to this dinner meeting, see...

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to the pair o' ye!

Be sure to send me wurdz, so I can compare intamalectualleh! :D

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
...and then by that time, I was too late anyway. But the next day, when I was doing laundry, I found the keys. Guess where. In my pants, of all places. Of course, they were the pants I had put on first and then taken off, since I didn't have the socks to match them. Really, I need to buy some new socks. I can never find ones that I like, though. You know what were good socks? Those kind with the three colored stripes at the top. I'm not sure why they don't make those anymore. Those were good socks. Now, the elastic in socks seems to wear out too easily. That's a problem for me. And sometimes I have the same problem with my underwear. The good thing about underwear is that it really doesn't have to match your pants or even your shoes. But shoes are not really the same thing as pants. I think I'd like to find some new ones. Shoes, I mean, not pants. You know what I'd like to see...

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
thread subtitle: in which scarletpeaches and tt42 swap lives.

But over the past few months, she's been outlining less and less until this morning she announced:

"I'm binning the ouline for Between the Lines."

:Jaw:

So to show solidarity, I've decided to outline a novel. I don't need to; I can happily write 150k without any pre-planning at all, but I do lots of things I don't need to each day, just to see if I can.

Yes.

tt42 is pantsing it and I'm killing off my creativity by chaining myself to an immovable outline. :D

It'll be interesting to see what this does to my creativity and productivity.

And to tt42's characters.

Could be fun. If there are any other pantser/outliner friend-pairings on AW, why not try it too? :D

Wish us luck. We'll either discover new reservoirs of...something.

Or die in the process.

It will be a life changing experience.