PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance putting Book Proposal together will Pay

APH73
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
thanks for advice everyone could still use a beta reader if anyone is interested

Cyia
06-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Why are you putting together a proposal for a novel? You should be writing a simple query letter, the basics of which you can find in the stickies in Share Your Work under the Query forum.

Lisa Cox
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Book proposals are mostly used for non-fiction. You've written YA fiction, so you need to be concentrating on a query and a synopsis.

And as for having no time -- there's no rush. The book market isn't going anywhere. Besides, you found time to write the book.

calley
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone have written a YA Novel and need help putting a book proposal together could do it myself just dont have the time. Contact me with your rates you would charge and we can go from there. Will pay PM or email at apholes@aol.com and make sure to use Book Proposal in subject heading so I know its not spam. Thanks

Have someone else write your querying materials is considered very bad form; agents =/= <3 it, if they catch you at it. They want to hear from you--their potential client--not the person you paid to write.

If you create the materials yourself, then you can get help with polishing them up on these boards.

brainstorm77
06-16-2009, 03:14 PM
You had the time to write a novel but not the time for the proposal or query?

APH73
06-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Book proposals are mostly used for non-fiction. You've written YA fiction, so you need to be concentrating on a query and a synopsis.

And as for having no time -- there's no rush. The book market isn't going anywhere. Besides, you found time to write the book.

Really I thought I had to do like my target demo, sales for books that like mine, ect Thanks for insights everyone