PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton's "9"

TsukiRyoko
06-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Anyone see the previews for Tim Burton's new movie "9"? It's coming out in September, and I gotta say, even though I don't go to the movies often it looks pretty kickass.

Edit- here's the official trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c

Zoombie
06-14-2009, 11:26 AM
I started a thread on this, and no one really cared.

I care!

Fokker Aeroplanbau
06-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I love the look of it, first Tim Burton film I'll actually care about enough to watch it at the Box-Office.

Is it me, or has there been a large up swing in "evil machines destroy humans!" culture? Is it just me? Anyways, that animation looks so interesting to watch.

Zoombie
06-14-2009, 11:46 AM
That's been a theme since the 1920s, Fokker.

10er
06-14-2009, 12:14 PM
It's a movie about Sackboy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackboy)! I really want to see it badly. Music, art direction... it looks freaking amazing.
Ah. Burton. May you never fail us.

I love the look of it, first Tim Burton film I'll actually care about enough to watch it at the Box-Office.

Blasphemy. :P

Zoombie
06-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Yes.

Sackboys are afrekkendorable.

Leah_Michelle
06-14-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one uber excited for this. Looks so epic. My head may explode from epic overload.

TsukiRyoko
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Is it me, or has there been a large up swing in "evil machines destroy humans!" culture? Is it just me? Anyways, that animation looks so interesting to watch.
I think the swing you're noticing is because of the recent swarm of superhero movies. And, I mean, why bother with superheros if there's no mechanical apocalypse crunching its way toward town?

Jcomp
06-15-2009, 11:44 PM
I've been wanting to see this since I saw the first trailer months ago. Looks excellent.

Though I'm compelled to point out that the trailers are horribly misleading about who deserves credit for this (sure-to-be-a) masterpiece.

The director is Shane Acker who also directed / wrote / created all the characters for the Oscar-nominated short film that this is based on.

Tim Burton is producing, but not directing (despite the fact that the ads have plastered his name all over the thing like it's all his). Just had to say that.

bettielee
06-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes, but Burton's name and hand on the movie will get butts in the seats.

Mine will be one of those butts. About halfway up near the aisle. Reese's peanut butter cups, soda, no popcorn. I don't DO popcorn.

eveningstar
06-16-2009, 12:07 AM
I've been wanting to see this since I saw the first trailer months ago. Looks excellent.

Though I'm compelled to point out that the trailers are horribly misleading about who deserves credit for this (sure-to-be-a) masterpiece.

The director is Shane Acker who also directed / wrote / created all the characters for the Oscar-nominated short film that this is based on.

Tim Burton is producing, but not directing (despite the fact that the ads have plastered his name all over the thing like it's all his). Just had to say that.

Thank you for mentioning this. I was going to myself if it hadn't been already. Credit where credit is due.

I'm sure there are still people who think Tim Burton directed The Nightmare Before Christmas, too.

Jcomp
06-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Thank you for mentioning this. I was going to myself if it hadn't been already. Credit where credit is due.

I'm sure there are still people who think Tim Burton directed The Nightmare Before Christmas, too.

Hell, I remember when Hero came out knowing people who thought Tarantino directed it just because he got the producer credit. It happens.

And bettie's right in that Tim Burton's name attachment will (or at least should) bring in more audiences. Which I ultimately can't be too mad at, because I'd love to see this prove to be as good as the trailers make it out to be and financially successful as well...

Pagey's_Girl
06-16-2009, 03:05 AM

Mine will be one of those butts. About halfway up near the aisle. Reese's peanut butter cups, soda, no popcorn. I don't DO popcorn.

QFT - and yes, mine will be one of those butts, too. :D Looks awesome...

ETA - Harry....crap, can't remember his last name, starts with an "S," I believe - directed Nightmare. I'd look it up on IMDB if my internet connection weren't threatening to crap out on me....

Leah_Michelle
06-16-2009, 03:33 AM

:eek: You don't do popcorn?!? Blasphemy! You make up for it with Reese's though :D

Fokker Aeroplanbau
06-16-2009, 04:28 AM
That's been a theme since the 1920s, Fokker.

:tongue

Smart ass.

Blasphemy. :P

I'm sorry, but until now his work seems to be off kilter, not significantly but just enough to be irritatingly so. Slight nuances in which everything seems to be unsymmetrical, tettering along the brink of sanity - teasing the line into Nietzche's abyss. So much so, I wish to push it right in, or pull it back because teasing the line is just painful for me... If that makes any sense haha.

This new one seems to fix that for me though. :)

I think the swing you're noticing is because of the recent swarm of superhero movies. And, I mean, why bother with superheros if there's no mechanical apocalypse crunching its way toward town?

You have something there.

I don't DO popcorn.

I reject your popcornless ways, heretic.