PDA

View Full Version : Senior Moments, anyone? :)

Susie
06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I once came home from shopping and I put the carton of milk on top of the washing machine! Why I did that I'll never know. I realized it about an hour later and thankfully it was still ok. :) How about you? (Even if we're young, we can still have those Senior Moments.) :)

Maryn
06-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I've done my 'favorite' senior moment all my life, but it's happening more now.

I'll enter a room, or open a cupboard, or go to the closet, then stand there for several minutes trying to remember what I wanted to get or do when I got there.

Maryn, who did that once today already--and it's still early

Robert Toy
06-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I’m at the stage that

sheadakota
06-14-2009, 04:58 PM
My entire life is a senior moment

Leah J. Utas
06-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I came very close to putting the coffee pot in the fridge once.

Last year I made a batch of tofu sour creme and popped it in the cupboard where I store the cooking oil. About 20 minutes later I went into said cupboard for something and found it. It went into the fridge where it belonged. The room temperature stint added to the flavour, I decided.

Lisa Cox
06-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm going to embarrass myself if I start listing all the stupid things I do.

...why hasn't the SO put me in a home yet?

Mr Flibble
06-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I've left the milk in the cereal cupboard more than once

Oh, and the torch was finally found in the freezer. What? It was dark, I had to see where the bread was! And then I needed both hands to keep the lid open while I got the bread out and...

joyce
06-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I've done my 'favorite' senior moment all my life, but it's happening more now.

I'll enter a room, or open a cupboard, or go to the closet, then stand there for several minutes trying to remember what I wanted to get or do when I got there.

Maryn, who did that once today already--and it's still early

This is the story of my life! I walk into a room with sure determination and then suddenly I've forgotten what in the heck I came in there for in the first place. I'm not sure if I've lost my mind or it lost me. :D

Susie
06-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Guess I'm not the only one who does those Sr. moment things. :) I luv your line, "I'm not sure if I've lost my mind or it lost me, joycey* Soooooo cute! :)

aadams73
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM

This.

Also, recently I was scrambling to find my sunglasses. I was turning my bag upside down to find them. Guess what? I was already wearing them. I felt like a right idiot.

rhymegirl
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Also, recently I was scrambling to find my sunglasses. I was turning my bag upside down to find them. Guess what? I was already wearing them. I felt like a right idiot.

Ha ha! I love this.

I think I have a lot in common with you. I've done things like that, too.

My husband is all ready to sign me up for the Alzheimer's wing somewhere.

aadams73
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
My best girlfriend will tell me to remind her the next day about some thing she has to do. So the next day comes, and I tell her that I'm supposed to remind her to do something, but I have no idea whatsoever what that thing was. This results in much confusion and head-scratching.

EFCollins
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I've put my milk in the garbage and my garbage in the fridge before. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I went for the milk and saw an empty macaroni box and two egg shells where milk should have been.

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I've had senior moments ever since i was born. Usually the walk in to room, look around wondering what I came in there for.

Leah J. Utas
06-15-2009, 02:52 AM
I stopped back in this thread for someth-

alleycat
06-15-2009, 02:54 AM
I occasionally think I've put clothes in the dryer and go to take them out . . . only to discover they're still in the washer (getting wrinkled).

stormie
06-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Susie--do you mean like in senior prom? I had several senior moments then.

But that was awhile ago and I can't remember.

(For those who don't know me, I'm being facetious. What else is new. )

Ken
06-15-2009, 03:01 AM
... the seniors I know are so swift that I couldn't possibly have a senior moment, myself, as I lack the smarts and intelligence.

dnic
06-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Curious things that you can find in my fridge:

A wallet.
A cellphone.
And, more than once, the TV remote controller.

I'm a ditz. :D

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 03:51 AM
LOL!

I was a senior in high school not too long ago.

stormie
06-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Okay, spamwarrior, don't rub it in. ;)

Now where am I....

Fokker Aeroplanbau
06-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Put an ice cube in the pantry this morning.

Put peanut butter in my sock drawer.

Jeez I'm bad with this stuff.

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 04:48 AM
I'll sit at the computer with 7 windows open and then think about opening another for a specific purpose and then forget to do so. And then browse the web aimlessly for the next half hour wondering what in heck I was going to do.

rhymegirl
06-15-2009, 04:55 AM
I occasionally think I've put clothes in the dryer and go to take them out . . . only to discover they're still in the washer (getting wrinkled).

Oh I do that all the time.

I don't think that's really a senior moment.

Now if you put a stack of dishes in the washing machine (thinking it's the kitchen sink) or the cat in the dryer (thinking it's a litter box), then you're talkin' senior moments.

5bcarnies
06-15-2009, 04:55 AM
I do practically everything that has already been listed except I don't call them senior moments. They're brain farts. Just a quick puff and my brain is empty of all thought.

Matera the Mad
06-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah...what was I just about to Google?

And lost food. :( Actually, it's nice when the odd can of something turns up when I need it :D

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 05:33 AM
I was going to do something, I just forgot what it was. Hm...

JoeEkaitis
06-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Going back to the house because I couldn't feel my keys in my pocket (mainly because they were dangling from the index finger of the hand I used to feel for them).

Silver King
06-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I came very close to putting the coffee pot in the fridge once...
That reminds of the time when I dumped coffee grounds inside of the water receptacle. Right after, I was like, "Why did I do that? Huh? Tell me, why?"

I didn't have a good answer and had to take the thing apart to clean out the mess. It took a long time for coffee to be brewed that morning!

rhymegirl
06-15-2009, 06:15 AM
That reminds of the time when I dumped coffee grounds inside of the water receptacle. Right after, I was like, "Why did I do that? Huh? Tell me, why?"

And yet another thing I've done. All I can say is I was really really tired that morning.

Wow, I'm getting scared here. I've had an awful lot of senior moments.

Susie
06-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Don't worry, guys, I figure if we all still know our own name we're doing ok. :)

Silver King
06-15-2009, 06:23 AM
And yet another thing I've done...
Phew! Thank goodness I'm not alone. :)

(That one bothers me a lot, for some reason. And I think about it every time I make coffee, which should reduce the chances of it happening again.)

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Just now I was on my hands and knees on the floor because I misplaced a needle and thread.

Found it 3 feet away from original spot.

Now that's scary...

Death Wizard
06-15-2009, 06:30 AM
I'll be searching around madly for my cell phone as I'm talking to someone on my cell phone.

Silver King
06-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Just now I was on my hands and knees on the floor because I misplaced a needle and thread.

Found it 3 feet away from original spot.

Now that's scary...
Which part, you on your hands and knees or the needle and thread excuse? :D

kdnxdr
06-15-2009, 06:39 AM
When my son was younger, he attended the preschool that I worked at. He was in his class and I was the teacher of another class, in a different wing of the school. He had been attending for several years.

One day, I got off work, clocked out and headed home. I got a good ways down the road when it hit me!

Oh they got me good at work..........and my son wasn't too happy with me, either.

That was bad.

KTC
06-15-2009, 06:43 AM
I once came home from shopping and I put the carton of milk on top of the washing machine! Why I did that I'll never know. I realized it about an hour later and thankfully it was still ok. :) How about you? (Even if we're young, we can still have those Senior Moments.) :)

Honey, my life is a senior moment. I'm going to a good friend's house tomorrow for a critique group get together. I've been to her house about 17 times over the past 5 years or so. I just google mapped her, printed it out and put it in my car. Because I can never find her house. She swears to me that she doesn't move it...but it's never in the same spot twice!

Plus...I put the milk in the cupboard and the ice cream in the fridge. I'm lucky if I can figure out how to get out of my car after putting it into park. I am LOST in this world. I'm constantly doing things like this. My mind races and leaves me all the time. You are not alone.

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Which part, you on your hands and knees or the needle and thread excuse? :D

How did it get there? Brrr. Hands and knees were scary. What was scarier was thinking I sat on it.

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Oh, one time I forgot my sister at her ballet class...

Cassiopeia
06-15-2009, 08:11 AM
I put the cheese in the freezer. Now, I do go to Costco and buy in bulk but this was a package of sliced cheese for sandwiches that I was making sandwiches with. It took me two days to find where I put it.

qwerty
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm holding a tray of eggs. I take out two and put them on the table. As I walk away, I notice one egg rolling towards the table edge. So I drop the tray and rush back to catch the rolling egg.

One scrambled brain = one saved egg and ten scrambled eggs.

regdog
06-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Has anyone seen my keys?

Anyone?

stormie
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Has anyone seen my keys?
Uh-oh. No wonder my car won't start. *Gives them back to regdog*

stormie
06-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I have one (but it might be more of an "overload" moment than a senior moment):

A few years ago, I had three family members in the hospital at the same time. I got there, stood in the lobby, mentally totally lost. Not a clue who I was visiting or why.

Leah J. Utas
06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I knew it was bad when my eternal question went from Why am I here on Earth? to Why on Earth am I in the kitchen?

stormie
06-15-2009, 06:18 PM
^:ROFL: ^

EFCollins
06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
I do stupid stuff all the time. I poured oil in my coffee pot once. I was making coffee and hash browns at the same time. That day ended in a trip to Walmart for a new coffee pot.

I've told my kids to go to sleep, when I meant to tell them to start their evening baths.

I've given my cat a bath instead of my dog. That was soooo much fun!

I do the walking into a room and forget why thing all the time.

Looked for my coffee cup all over the house... while I'm not only holding it, but drinking coffee from it. Searched for my glasses when I'm wearing them.

Opened a can of dog food instead of hot dog chili.

Yeah. Senior moments before thirty. Can we say "nursing home by fifty" anyone?

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I tell my siblings to play piano when they're supposed to be sleeping.

EFCollins, that's not as bad as senior moments before 20.

EFCollins
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
This is true, spamwarrior. Usually before twenty, though, you get the term "airhead" instead of "Senior moment". I was called an airhead a lot... even by my own father.

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Airhead = me :D

regdog
06-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Uh-oh. No wonder my car won't start. *Gives them back to regdog*

:ROFL:

Today my Aunt and I came in from doing errands. She brought the mail in, sat down and asked where her purse was. She looked all around her and I was looking down the hall, in the front room and was just about to go out to the car when she found it. Neither one of us noticed the purse sitting on her lap.

spamwarrior
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
That's funny enough that it happened, even funnier that no one noticed it on her lap :rofl:

My grandma once went looking through the house for her glasses that she was wearing.

JoNightshade
06-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Last week I decided to make this chinese eggplant recipe I like. I have all the sauces so I know all I need at the store is 1) eggplant and 2) a chile. So I get both.

Hour before dinner, I decide to start the dish. I open up my cookbook to the page with the photo of the dish I am about to make. I start cutting up the eggplant and am preparing to soak it when I glance at the recipe and realize the way it wants me to soak is slightly different than I've been doing it for the last 5 times I've made the recipe. I think, that's funny, I must have misread this before.

Then I read on and realize the recipe calls for green onion. That's weird, I know I never put green onion in this dish before. Is this the right recipe? Yep, photo of the dish is right there. Okay, well, I left it out before, I'll leave it out now.

Then I realize that the way it wants me to stir fry the ingredients is totally, utterly different than how I've ever done it.

Now I'm freaking out. Have I lost my marbles? How could this be so different than what I've done before? Have I totally misread this recipe every single time until now? Am I going insane?

THEN I realize that it DOESN'T call for the chile oil that I SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT for this recipe.

I stand there boggling at the recipe for another minute before it comes to me...

I got the recipe online.

I get on my computer and look it up. Yep. There it is. In my bookmarks.