PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Disasters

brainstorm77
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
So I mentioned the guy who left me because I couldn't have kids but I've other interesting experiences with guys I dated.

1. Guy one day tell me he's leaving me for his best friends wife. Nice eh!
2. I find out on Facebook that my bf is cheating on me with his ex. His not so ex messaged me when she sees pics of me and him together tagged.

I laugh at it now cause I can see the nuttiness in it but at the time twas bad

Mudcat
06-13-2009, 11:57 PM
This topic reminds me of the blind date I had with a Muslim girl. It took about two minutes before she steered the conversation to my pork-eating habits (which I would describe as active). In another two minutes she was making excuses to get outta there. Maybe that is not so much a relationship disaster as a relationship disaster averted.

I am remembering some actual relationship fiascos but it is all so dreadful. It's hard to think of nice chipper ways to summarize. My last relationship ended because my gf, who was a recovering alcoholic, relapsed. She is an intolerable mess when she drinks. Ugh.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 12:20 AM
This topic reminds me of the blind date I had with a Muslim girl. It took about two minutes before she steered the conversation to my pork-eating habits (which I would describe as active). In another two minutes she was making excuses to get outta there. Maybe that is not so much a relationship disaster as a relationship disaster averted.

I am remembering some actual relationship fiascos but it is all so dreadful. It's hard to think of nice chipper ways to summarize. My last relationship ended because my gf, who was a recovering alcoholic, relapsed. She is an intolerable mess when she drinks. Ugh.
:Hug2:

raburrell
06-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Ooh can I play? I've had some winners...
There was the guy (also my swim coach) who dumped me for a good friend *at* a championship meet and proceeded to make out with her on-deck for the rest of the weekend.

Then there was another who asked me my 'number', found out it was 1 less than his, and called me a slut. (yet still wanted to keep dating)

Then there was another guy I really did like, who was older... I thought things were going well until he dumped me on our 4th date. Turns out his wife died suddenly when he was 28 and from that point forth, he always dumped women no later than the 4th date, so as not to get hurt again. I actually kindof understood, but would have been nice to know ahead of time...

BenPanced
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
There was a guy in the office where I'd previously worked and I was really attracted to him. Not just "wow, he's teh hawt and I'd like to make teh smexy with him", but possible relationship material. Since it was work, I didn't say anything about my attraction -- wrong place/time, no clues if he was actually gay (somebody told me she'd heard there was a 99% chance he was, but I told her it had to be 100% for me to pursue anything), possible sexual harassment, etc. I eventually quit and later ran into him at one of "our" bars, so I asked him out, which is no easy feat for me; I usually wind up going home disappointed because I wait for the other guy to say something first. Anyway. He sounded interested, too (operative word here: sounded) (there was a sale on parentheses at Target), so we went out to one of my favorite Greek places. After going back to my place and starting to get smexy, his stomach started bothering him. Seems he shouldn't have gone to a Greek place because it usually doesn't agree with him. Oh. Kay. Nothing happened, but he still had to leave early before...anything.

Cue to a few weeks later. I call him up to ask him out again but it turns out he can't see me any longer. He'd broken up with somebody else a few weeks before we went out, but they went to Chicago for a weekend and decided to make another go at things.

And the moral of the story: never tell a guy you're attracted to him and would like to start dating and see where things go and then go to dinner at Christo's on Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis (this was the third time it happened to me, so no, I'm not superstitious about it or anything).

WendyNYC
06-14-2009, 12:43 AM
I once was dating a man, fairly seriously (I'd met the parents and all that and things were going well.) I guess he decided that he wanted to "test" me, so he had his best friend ask me out. Of course I said no. They had been best friends since grade school and it was *so* awkward for me, but I thought I handled it swiftly and sternly. I didn't want to be in the middle of a big man-friend busting blow up, so I let it drop.

Apparently that was the wrong answer for my bf. He was upset I didn't tell him, called me "disloyal," and dumped me.

I was crushed at the time, but fortunately met my husband shortly after that. He doesn't play such games.

C.H. Valentino
06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I dated a stripper for all of a minute.

Nuff said, I think.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I once was dating a man, fairly seriously (I'd met the parents and all that and things were going well.) I guess he decided that he wanted to "test" me, so he had his best friend ask me out. Of course I said no. They had been best friends since grade school and it was *so* awkward for me, but I thought I handled it swiftly and sternly. I didn't want to be in the middle of a big man-friend busting blow up, so I let it drop.

Apparently that was the wrong answer for my bf. He was upset I didn't tell him, called me "disloyal," and dumped me.

I was crushed at the time, but fortunately met my husband shortly after that. He doesn't play such games.

That was indeed nothing more then a head game. You are good to be rid of that.

aadams73
06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
There was the guy I caught trying on my clothes.

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky with boyfriends.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 01:42 AM

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky with boyfriends.

That had to be an awkward moment.:tongue

aadams73
06-14-2009, 01:45 AM
That had to be an awkward moment.:tongue

Um, yeah. Total "deer in the headlights" moment.

And then I compounded the damage by laughing.

brokenfingers
06-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Well, there was this one time, in Vegas...

No, no - better not to speak of it...

Needless to say, you won't ever catch me in Elvis's Chapel of Love again.

And don't even mention the word "midget" in my presence.

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Um, yeah. Total "deer in the headlights" moment.

And then I compounded the damage by laughing.

... and...?

HAHAHAHAHHA

sorry.

aadams73
06-14-2009, 02:10 AM
... and...?

HAHAHAHAHHA

sorry.

And then he broke into a chorus of Cabaret.

Angie
06-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Ooh, the stories I could tell. Like the guy who, after I broke up with him, decided to stalk me by calling everyone he could think of who was related to me - my mother, two of my friends, my sister, etc., and telling them I was on drugs (which NO one who knows me would believe, evidence on these boards notwithstanding :tongue ), that I was pregnant, that I'd gone nuts and disappeared and he didn't know where I was and was really worried. No one believed him except my mom, who is overprotective and FREAKED. Next time I called her she was practically hysterical.

Then there was the guy who I'd been dating for a few months before he decided to reveal to me that 1.) he was doing research into the Illuminati, their ties to the devil, and how the devil (through the Illuminati) was controlling world affairs, and 2.) that he could see demons and that they were following him because he was getting too close to "the truth" in his research. I am, in the words of Dave Barry, not making this up.

And then there was the guy I dated who I found out later KNEW GUY #2, was into spy movies and such (which I didn't find all that strange at the time), and after I broke up with him conspired with guy #2 to keep tabs on me. How do I know this? Because guy #2 had phone service under my name until I broke up with him, and because I felt sorry for him I let him keep it so long as he kept the bill paid. I still had access to the voice mail, and I checked it every so often because sometimes people still called me there. One day I called, and there was a message from guy #3 reporting my activities of that morning and that he'd lost track of me for the moment but would "wait at her house and pick up the trail again". I had to get two restraining orders at the same time over that one because they would not give up.

So yeah. I defy anyone to tell me they've got worse taste in men than I do. :rolleyes:

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:22 AM
In my defense, that emerald-green taffeta gown you have looked simply stunning on me.

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:23 AM
So yeah. I defy anyone to tell me they've got worse taste in men than I do.
Rolling Thunder is my friend...

Angie
06-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Rolling Thunder is my friend...

You win. :ROFL:

aadams73
06-14-2009, 02:27 AM
In my defense, that emerald-green taffeta gown you have looked simply stunning on me.

Truer words were never spoken. Sing it again for me, dahlink!

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 02:32 AM
They do have lace underwear out for men.

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Tell me about it. I'm currently wearing these (http://www.cheeky-gifts.co.uk/acatalog/Front10.jpg).

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Tell me about it. I'm currently wearing these (http://www.cheeky-gifts.co.uk/acatalog/Front10.jpg).
:tongue

aadams73
06-14-2009, 02:41 AM
I think I dated you.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 02:43 AM
I also like guys in thongs.

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:43 AM
:tongue
These (http://www.webtraders.co.nz/images/3056.jpg) are for special occasions. Like Arbor Day.

aadams73
06-14-2009, 02:44 AM
These (http://www.webtraders.co.nz/images/3056.jpg) are for special occasions. Like Arbor Day.

Yes, perpetuating wood is a fine cause to champion.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 02:45 AM

They kinda got the harem thing on the go... A male harem..Mmmmmmm!

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Angie, I'm glad you're still alive.

Rob, I want to scrub my eyes out.

But on the other hand, I was doing some research into something called the Kymaro Body Shaper for women, and men were wearing it and giving their feedback on the site. People with names like "Mike" or "Joe" or "Nick."

Angie
06-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Rob, I want to scrub my eyes out.

Aw, he hears that from all the girls.

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 02:46 AM

It would look better if it were a little skirt.

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:52 AM
It would look better if it were a little skirt.
That would make them a little too feminine...

brokenfingers
06-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Rob, I can't believe your wife makes you wear those things.

Ewwww...

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 02:55 AM
That would make them a little too feminine...

:D

robeiae
06-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Rob, I can't believe your wife makes you wear those things.

Ewwww...
Actually, she makes me mow the lawn in them...

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm never driving by your house.

som1luvsmi
06-14-2009, 03:00 AM

Yikes! Wouldn't little grass clippings get in your.... nevermind.

Angie
06-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I'm never driving by your house.

You're finally learning.

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 03:04 AM
*sigh*

Angie
06-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Just wait until you see him and RollingThunder in the same room.

*shudder*

rhymegirl
06-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I have a few disaster stories but I think I'd have to tell you via PM since they're not ready for prime time.

robeiae
06-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Just wait until you see him and RollingThunder in the same room.

*shudder*
I take umbrage at that remark. I don't disagree with it...

Angie
06-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Thief! Give me back my umbrage! It's still raining here!

Pagey's_Girl
06-14-2009, 03:28 AM
*Passes out eye/brain bleach*

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 03:29 AM
What's umbrage?

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 03:33 AM
umbrella?

thethinker42
06-14-2009, 03:36 AM
Okay, this guy I dated...we'll call him Asshat, since I don't want to use his real name...

We met, clicked, went out a few times, never had any inkling that it would be anything serious. It was just kind of a fun fling. We saw each other occasionally, etc. (do the math about what "etc." means) After a few months of this, we decided to go away for a weekend to a B&B a few hours away from where we lived. We agreed to split the costs, but I made the reservations and all of that. Now, this little jaunt required driving 3 hours each way, a car ferry ride (about $20 each way), meals, $80 or so a night for the B&B, etc.

After we left, after we took the car ferry, after we checked into our "now that you're checked in, you're paying for both nights" B&B, after we sat down to eat...I find out he's got about $20 on him. Grrr...$350 later, I can't say I was overly interested in seeing him again. That, and he pretty much cold-shouldered me the whole weekend.

Fast forward a few months...I've met the guy who is now my husband...not even slightly interested in seeing Asshat again...I get this e-mail with the subject "Do you know Asshat?"

This piques my interest because we met online and have ZERO mutual friends/contacts/etc. "Who is this?" I wonder quietly to myself as I click the e-mail...

Long story short, it was an e-mail from his girlfriend. His girlfriend of three years. His girlfriend who was pregnant, having been so for roughly the duration of my "fling" with her man. She wanted to know who the hell I was and the nature of my relationship with Asshat.

I e-mailed her back and said "I'll be completely honest: I had NO idea. He didn't say a word about you, and I am very sorry for all of this, if I had known, I never would have, etc etc etc". I fully expected some sort of scathing "You BITCH!" e-mail from her.

Instead, she came back with, "I've known about you for a while, it just took me some time to find a way to contact you to confirm what I already knew. I don't doubt that he lied to you, and I don't hold it against you."

In the end, we both confronted him about it, he ended up leaving her anyway (she's with a much, MUCH better man now who's a proper father to her baby), and she and I are still friends 7 years later.

Relationship disaster for 3, friendship for 2. Go. Figure.

James81
06-14-2009, 04:06 AM
I'm 13 years old. I'm hardcore into church (one of those cultish pentecostal holiness churches). I'm one of the popular kids in the church...and probably the most elibile bachelor....lol.

Soon, a new family joins....a woman, her daughter, and her two sons. I befriend the two sons (who also befriend the preacher's son--who is also my friend :D) and we form a little group in the church. I think of the girl as a bit out of my league (she's 2 years older than me and, IMO, gorgeous).

Suddenly, she starts making visits to the preacher's house. When this happens, he becomes match-maker and encourages us to get together. We start "dating" (i.e. the preacher takes us places like to dinner and stuff) and I am just smitten with the worst case of puppy dog love ever...she becomes my first "love" (you know, that one that gets inside of you and the one with whom all the rest of your relationships are judged by).

3 months later the church splits. Why? Because it's been suspected that the 40 year old preacher is having sex with my 15 year old girlfriend. We leave the church, I not only lose my first love, but all my friends and respect for a man with whom I idolized (the preacher).

robeiae
06-14-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm 13 years old.
Yes. We know.

;)

spamwarrior
06-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Yes. We know.

;)

That was my first thought.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 06:48 AM
:ROFL:

C.bronco
06-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Once it has been seen, it cannot be unseen.

aadams73
06-14-2009, 12:40 PM

Do you think she'll give back your balls one day? Or will she make the bag into a coin purse?

seun
06-14-2009, 03:31 PM
So I mentioned the guy who left me because I couldn't have kids

Wanker.

brainstorm77
06-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Wanker.
:)