PDA

View Full Version : The Hangover

James81
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, so who's seen this?

It was decent. It played out just as I suspected, though, where all the funniest parts were in the trailer and it was overmarketed to the point that by the time I saw the movie, the funny parts were already old hat.

But other than that, it was still a fun movie. Don't see why there's a bunch of hype. I guess because it's actually an original movie for a change.

All in all, though, I thought it was fun.

maestrowork
06-12-2009, 04:35 PM
It manages to mix multiple genres together and it's funny (unlike that Will Ferrell big budget crap) -- buddy movies, road trip, mystery, gross-out sex comedy, romcom... plus they actually hired good writers instead of overpaying the actors or special effects.

Here's some background stories on the making of the film:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/the-real-story-of-how-the-hangover-got-made-ps-its-based-on-someone-in-hollywood/

katiemac
06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
I saw it back in February, when I hadn't a clue what I was watching. I thought it was hilarious. I agree they gave away too much in the trailers -- in fact, I was right out disappointed because even though people are enjoying themselves in the film, it could have played out a lot funnier without some of the best surprises - like the tiger - in the trailers.

Leah_Michelle
06-13-2009, 01:16 AM
I thought it was pretty funny.
A little shocking at the end. I was expecting nudity, but definitely not that.