PDA

View Full Version : The muses pick such strange hours, don't they?

Cybernaught
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
So I can barely manage to write a sentence all morning. I go to work, come home tired, try to write again and still can't produce anything but utter drivel. Then I waste some hours away reading, attempt to go to bed, when wouldn't ya know it? I'm riled from my slumber by a very persistent muse who helps me bang out the opening scene of an old story that's been simmering for a while. I just looked at the clock and noticed it's nearly four in the morning. I must be insane.

Can't Zeus' daughters manage to get scheduled normal work hours? Sheesh.

TheIT
06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
You're assuming that Zeus' daughters are in your time zone.

:D

Cybernaught
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
You're assuming that Zeus' daughters are in your time zone.

:D

Well they need to get their asses on EST. I can't settle for this night owl writing for much longer. I'm supposed to be up in a few hours.

OH well. Better late than never.

Button
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
The muse is fickle, though one thing a muse can't resist is the aroma of hard work.

tjwriter
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
My muse has decided that Friday at 9:15 is a good time to work and has kicked into gear on how to redo my story so that it actually makes sense.

Of course I am at work, so I am jotting down notes while on my break.

Also, La Grange makes a great 'Get It Started' song in case you needed to know.

spamwarrior
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I have no idea, honestly. Mine comes when I'm in the shower. Or when there isn't any pen or paper around. Or when I'm asleep.

LorelieBrown
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Keep a whiteboard marker in the shower. And a pen & post-it pad in your purse/jacket/car.

Sleep I can't help ya with. :)