Casualty of a Merger. (Or, "NOOOOOO!!!!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Well, the publisher that picked up Playing With Fire merged with another company, and my book ended up being one of the ones that was dropped. Laid off, I guess. LOL Kind of a bummer to have the first book I contracted get dropped, but, hey, it happens. *holds onto contract for Between Brothers for dear life*

I'm disappointed, but it's the nature of the business. On the bright side, I've learned a lot about writing since I finished that book in December, so I'm going to take a little bit of time to tweak and revise it a bit before sending it out again.

Someone saw fit to publish it at one time, someone else eventually will. Doesn't make it any less of a downer, but my gut tells me that this will, in the end, work out for the best.

Now pass the damned chocolate...

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry. But I believe everything happens for a reason. You'll find another publisher for it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Man. re-unpublished. Major bummer. I offer my sympathies before SP gets in here and goes off on a ranting tangent. (-; Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good attitude.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oh crap. I'm so sorry. I know that's got to be hugely disappointing.

Lori, you've got several people raving, I know firsthand, about your mad skillz. I hope this is just a speedbump. And a very minor one. Hang in there.

Reaction score
Man. re-unpublished. Major bummer. I offer my sympathies before SP gets in here and goes off on a ranting tangent. (-; Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good attitude.

Thanks to this migraine I don't have any rant left in me.

Luckily, she's publishing another book with another press AND I WROTE THE SYNOPSIS REMEMBER?

This book rocks. It will find an agent and publisher because...well, I say so and I'm moar betterer than God, so there.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
*drops to knees and knocks head on floor*

Your positive attitude is an inspiration to us all.

Reaction score
Yeah, but when you churn out filth at the rate Lori does, you've gotta have some sort of God complex.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Like Justme, I am certain everything happens for a reason - a really good one! - and you'll find a better home. Those revisions you're contemplating may be just the thing to bring that book to the next level of success when it is picked up again.

Best of luck!

Dee Carney

Bringing sexy back
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deecarney.com
Ouch. I know someone else affected by the same merger in the same way. I'm sorry to hear that good books got caught in the middle. But like you said, someone wanted it once, someone else will want it too. Good luck with finding a future home for it.

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
Wishing you to find a better publisher - soon! Hang on, you know your book is good.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I am so not in the world of queries and agents. My first at a novel crashed on my computer with no backup. My depression yet lingers. You are an inspiration to me.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

That said, your sangfroid is admirable, and I prophesy that the next publisher will be way better than the last one anyway, so there.

Status
Not open for further replies.