• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a playwright mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaomiRE

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm attempting (i use the term loosely :) ) to start writing a play for the first time....I'm hoping to submit something in for a "competition/tv programme" that is being run through a terrestrial channel over here in the uk. Closing date is July 1st but I only need 20-30 pages of script not the entire play. I have about 4 pages so far lol.

The synopsis I have so far is a drama-based peice, tackling a few sticky subjects, I guess...but well, I'll see where it goes.

I'm a complete novice at this but I've wanted to do something like this for a long time...but a fear of failure...or possibly success!....has held me back.

I'm looking for someone who can just be there....to critique, to support, to offer advice...help me with the technical side as well as the creative.

Even if I don't get shortlisted in this venture I plan to continue my writing and may consider other possible routes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone out there who can help?

Waiting hopefully, Naomi.

(You can contact me on [email protected] - use a suitable subject line as you will end up in my spam box being an unknown address....you need to stand out from my delete all button!)

:banana:

NaomiRE

Registered
Reaction score
I know there's not many of you playwrights out there.....but anyone who can offer ANY advice is welcome in my book. So if you're viewing this, please do leave some comments....looking forward to hearing from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.