Hidely-ho Neighborinos!

LePaonBleu

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm completely new to the world of message boards, but I was referred here by a friend who said it was an excellent resource for writers so I'm taking the plunge! I recently graduated with a liberal arts degree so job prospects haven't been too hot...which is a bummer but since I only have a part-time job I realized it'd be a great time to start writing in earnest! I've been jotting down ideas here and there for years so I figured it's about time I really get down to it. I'm an equal opportunity reader who used to stick strictly to classics, but has since branched out. Some of my favorites are Atonement, The Mayor of Casterbridge, The Great Gatsby, The Three Musketeers, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Secret Garden, The Scarlet Pimpernel, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Rebecca, as well as anything by Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice is probably my all-time favorite.) I also have a serious weakness for Agatha Christie and murder mysteries.

As for my writing, it's all over the board too, and I've yet to fully find my voice or direction. But hey, that's the fun of writing, right?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. My writing is all over the board too, but so far the mods haven't kicked me out...;)

:welcome:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
15.gif

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I personally wish I had looked into a writing forum when I started deciding for myself that this is what I wanted to do with my life. I'm looking forward to absorbing as much as I can from this resource.

Cheers, hope you find this forum as useful as I'm already convinced it is. :)

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: LePaonBleu!

I hope you enjoy your time here. And to help you enjoy it even more, I would suggest visiting us at Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread . We have cookies, breakfast, drinks, karaoke, and good natured fun!
Nice list of books, good luck with your writing and I hope to see you around the threads. See you 'round!
~Christine