Texas Rangers

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I've written a book centering on the Texas Rangers, but have realized that I've only scratched the surface. Does anyone know anything about the TR? Can you suggest books (nonfiction please), links, things like that?

Thanks very much!

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
There are tons of sources out there regarding the Rangers. Try this search on Amazon and see what comes up: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...s=texas+rangers+history&sprefix=texas+rangers

I'd start with Robert Utley, as he's one of the greats of Western history. Fehrenbach's "Lone Star" will also give you a good grounding on Texas history in general, which is important for understanding HOW the Rangers came into being.

stumpfoot

Registered
Reaction score
There are tons of sources out there regarding the Rangers. Try this search on Amazon and see what comes up: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...s=texas+rangers+history&sprefix=texas+rangers

I'd start with Robert Utley, as he's one of the greats of Western history. Fehrenbach's "Lone Star" will also give you a good grounding on Texas history in general, which is important for understanding HOW the Rangers came into being.

I second that! Utley is one of the greats.

seven41

Registered
Reaction score
Personal Library

I have five books on the Texas Rangers in my own library. They are:

The Texas Rangers by Walter Prescott Webb

Lone Star Justice by Robert M. Utley

The Men Who Wear the Star by Charles M. Robinson III

Rangers and Sovereignty by Capt. Dan Roberts (This also includes "A Woman's Reminiscences of Six Years in Camp with the Texas Rangers" by Mrs. Roberts.)

Texas Ranger Tales (Volumes 1 and 2) by Mike Cox

I think you will find all of them to be reliable sources about one of my favorite subjects.

Seven