PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'll Go and Eat Some Worms

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:18 AM
As I approached my mailbox today I knew (I mean I was absolutely positive) I would find a rejection inside. I reached my hand in looking for the regular sized envelope in my own handwriting...a letter to self from someone else (SASEs are so peculiar that way). Well, what I grabbed was a big manila envelope. It was from exactly who I was expecting the rejection from. Weird that I got something from them on the day I knew I would...but whatever.

I received my entire play back in the mail. Rejected. The good news...the reading committee obviously read it. Either that or they paid someone to age the pages just right so they looked well read.

Anyway...my one-act play was rejected today. I have to say I expected it. I wrote it in a frenzy in about 2 weeks or so. Never say never though...until that big fat envelope appears in your mailbox. (-;

AliceWrites
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
I often eat worms too. It's good for procrastinating. ;)

dgrintalis
06-10-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm sorry, KTC.

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks both. It's a bit disappointing...but I really did race it together. I just don't know what to do with it now. Sigh.

wannawrite
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Try putting chocolate on your worms. I did. It helps them go down better.

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Try putting chocolate on your worms. I did. It helps them go down better.

Ha! Thank you. I will.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Ha! Thank you. I will.
:(

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:40 AM
:(

I have my 'I suck' pants on today. All is well with the world.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I have my 'I suck' pants on today. All is well with the world.
Don't make me hurt you.

I understand but don't.make.me.hurt.you. (delays chapter 5)

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Don't make me hurt you.

I understand but don't.make.me.hurt.you. (delays chapter 5)

I'm also wearing my solid steel pirate shirt. You couldn't hurt me if you tried. The shoulders alone would knock you out.

scarletpeaches
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, you probably do suck. But in the spirit of Judaspeaches, allow me to kneecap the scumbag who knocked back your work.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm also wearing my solid steel pirate shirt. You couldn't hurt me if you tried. The shoulders alone would knock you out.That's quite the imagination you have going there, Superflyman. In case you didn't know, I have mad skills. ;)

scarletpeaches
06-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Tru fax. Jude Law told me.

Cassiopeia
Yeah, you probably do suck. But in the spirit of Judaspeaches, allow me to kneecap the scumbag who knocked back your work.
Let's make it a gang beating.

stormie
That stinks, KTC. Even when you get that feeling it'll get rejected, there's that little tiny thought that maybe, just maybe....

Go eat some chocolate. Skip the worms.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Tru fax. Jude Law told me.yeah I WISH. LOL Now stop that..we are wallowing with KTC here.

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:47 AM

Thank you. Though I may try again next year...so don't break anything they'll really need. And don't give names.

scarletpeaches
06-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh right. Okay.

Uh...there there, Kevin. *pats head*

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:48 AM
That stinks, KTC. Even when you get that feeling it'll get rejected, there's that little tiny thought that maybe, just maybe....

Go eat some chocolate. Skip the worms.

Thanks. There was that glimmer...but honestly, I just knew that today was the day. The big envelope threw me off completely though.

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh right. Okay.

Uh...there there, Kevin. *pats head*

Um. Ouch. Thank you, but could you remove the glove first next time. (-;
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/308/979/86/o_IMG_0362.JPG

Cassiopeia
Oh right. Okay.

Uh...there there, Kevin. *pats head*no silly...don't pat him on the head...he's got those pointy things...just you know ...i dunno...you know better than me. LOL

scarletpeaches
Let's make it a gang beating.

Every day I love you more.

mscelina
Thanks both. It's a bit disappointing...but I really did race it together. I just don't know what to do with it now. Sigh.

Yes, you do know what to do with it. :) Wallow for a day then open the file back up and take another look at it.

Then start looking for new play festivals to submit it to. Another manila envelope is in your future, steel pirate shirts not withstanding.

Here. have some tequila. You'll feel better.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Um. Ouch. Thank you, but could you remove the glove first next time. (-;
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/308/979/86/o_IMG_0362.JPGDon't DO THAT! I literally screamed as this loaded! ahhhhhhh!

Cassiopeia
Every day I love you more.I heart you too. :)

KTC
Yes, you do know what to do with it. :) Wallow for a day then open the file back up and take another look at it.

Then start looking for new play festivals to submit it to. Another manila envelope is in your future, steel pirate shirts not withstanding.

Here. have some tequila. You'll feel better.

Thanks. Yes. This is exactly what I'm going to do. I like the play. I believe in it, somewhat. I just have to spend the proper amount of time with it and work it into better shape. Thank you.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks. Yes. This is exactly what I'm going to do. I like the play. I believe in it, somewhat. I just have to spend the proper amount of time with it and work it into better shape. Thank you.If I remember it and I'm sure I do, there's more to develop as well..maybe a directional change...who knows, but I have faith in it too. It delivered a message while being engaging.

scarletpeaches
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
To be serious...I hate platitudes. So I won't bother with them. Besides which, I haven't read the play so I don't know if it's shit-hot or just shit.

But once you're done wallowing, go inside yourself and ask if you truly do believe in it and if you do, then you know what must be done.

It's exhausting emotionally, I imagine, keeping on with something that gets rejected but all it takes is that weeny grain of self-belief.

KTC
06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
To be serious...I hate platitudes. So I won't bother with them. Besides which, I haven't read the play so I don't know if it's shit-hot or just shit.

But once you're done wallowing, go inside yourself and ask if you truly do believe in it and if you do, then you know what must be done.

It's exhausting emotionally, I imagine, keeping on with something that gets rejected but all it takes is that weeny grain of self-belief.

Thanks. Yes. I do have the grain. Not with a lot of my stuff...but with this play. I felt good at the end...as the stage faded to black. I felt fulfilled. It was posted here at AW in its entirety. I took it down to submit it...it was up to get urgent editing advice prior to sending it out...as I did it so quickly. I will most likely change some of the content without changing the arc that I was so proud of. Thank you for the wise words.

KTC
06-10-2009, 01:44 AM
I reposted the play to syw. now you can see what a rejected play actually looks like. (-;

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138147

arkady
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
As I approached my mailbox today I knew (I mean I was absolutely positive) I would find a rejection inside. I reached my hand in looking for the regular sized envelope in my own handwriting...a letter to self from someone else (SASEs are so peculiar that way). Well, what I grabbed was a big manila envelope. It was from exactly who I was expecting the rejection from. Weird that I got something from them on the day I knew I would...but whatever.

It's not so weird. I expect a rejection every time I visit the mailbox.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 08:52 PM
*sings*
nobody loves me, everybody hates me,
guess I'll eat some worms,
big fat juicy ones,
little teeny weeny ones,
worms that wiggle and squirm!

first you cut off the heads,
then you suck out the guts,
then you through the skins away,
Yes, sir I think everybody should eat
worms three times a day!

KTC
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
*sings*
nobody loves me, everybody hates me,
guess I'll eat some worms,
big fat juicy ones,
little teeny weeny ones,
worms that wiggle and squirm!

first you cut off the heads,
then you suck out the guts,
then you through the skins away,
Yes, sir I think everybody should eat
worms three times a day!

Um, boy do you ever get the prize for stating singing the obvious.

Cassiopeia
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Um, boy do you ever get the prize for stating singing the obvious. You mean your original intent wasn't a sing along? Look! *points* I even got the campfire ready for you!

Everybody can join hands and sing Kumbaya and it will cheer you up!

No?