Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Brr. I researched them several years ago, after an Opus Dei priest stalked and hounded me on a religion discussion board.

Brr. If you do the research, be prepared to need brain bleach afterward.

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Some take part in self-mortification with a lash once a week or through wearing a spiked chain around the thigh for several hours a day. To outsiders, this aspect of physical self-punishment is one of the most baffling.

I'm equally mortified. Truly the work of God, they carry our burden: the need to self-mortify.

But making this film can only be a bad thing for both their secrecy and humility (and so good for their guilt!), since now we'll be able to see this documentary on youtube and everyone will know everything about them.

Then no one will want to talk about them again.

AMC

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
AMC, Cool avatar. Templar I believe.
C

I'm equally mortified. Truly the work of God, they carry our burden: the need to self-mortify.

But making this film can only be a bad thing for both their secrecy and humility (and so good for their guilt!), since now we'll be able to see this documentary on youtube and everyone will know everything about them.

Then no one will want to talk about them again.

AMC

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
*tangent:

You mean
KnightTemplarSealerCross.jpg
?

My avatar is the anarcho-pacifist flag (no less Christian, but perhaps much less violent ;))

AMC

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
The Templars also used the black/white device. It symbolized light (good) versus dark (evil). Where we/they, as Christians, come from and where we are going. Note there is no dividing line between the two. The cross was not always used.
I associated it with the Templars, perhaps because of, as I often say, my uber-Catholic background. And also my long association with knightly orders.
C

*tangent:

You mean
KnightTemplarSealerCross.jpg
?

My avatar is the anarcho-pacifist flag (no less Christian, but perhaps much less violent ;))

AMC

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
Presumably it's a movie about an unlikely love-child?

opus_the_penguin_300.gif
+
e12-080-doris-day-loverly-leo-fuchs.jpg

=
0,1020,954348,00.jpg
???

Status
Not open for further replies.