get the fish out of your crotch and give it to your sister!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Or; things you never thought you'd have to say to your children.

Okay. Here is the scene.

We are at home last weekend, cuddled up, watching a movie. The youngest daughter (16) is curled around a big, 6ft long stuffed fish(you can get them at Cabella's. They are really very cool). It is sort of like a body pillow, and yes, it makes me think of Silver King now. (thank you, btw, for that unsettling image) Anyway, the fish belongs to the oldest daughter (22). About half-way through the movie, oldest notices that youngest has her fish. Oldest demands, 'give me my fish'. Immediately, youngest clamps her thighs shut tight on the fish and locks it in a death grip. Oldest pounces. Movie is forgotten. Furniture crashes. I TRY to ignore all, until they knock over the pizza. I stand up and yell at the top of my voice, "That's it! Get the fish out of your crotch and give it to your sister!"

Now, as these immortal words are spewing forth from my lips, it occurs to me that never, ever, in all my years of pondering what parenthood would someday be like, did I ever imagaine myself yelling that particular line.

So, who is with me? Anyone else out there ever hear themselves saying anything so totally inane that they just have to stop and shake their heads, afterwards?

Oh, and just for the record, the oldest got her fish back, in the end.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is all so wrong :ROFL::roll:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
From my former mother-in-law when she gave me some rubbing spices: "You rub it on your meat."

She didn't get why I collapsed in hysterics.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...It is sort of like a body pillow, and yes, it makes me think of Silver King now. (thank you, btw, for that unsettling image)
That is unsettling. Your daughter is too young to be hugging such an enormous fish. Glad to hear she relinquished the beast to her older sister. ;)

One time my daughter was doing some form of body torture, showing off how she could twist her frame into different shapes. I watched, amazed at how limber she was. At one point she hooked her arms behind her knees and twisted herself into the shape of a pretzel, her face now very close to her butt.

Her mom walked by and said, "Get your nose out of your ass and go clean up those dishes."

This was said in a most natural tone, as if it were uttered all the time.

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
That is unsettling. Your daughter is too young to be hugging such an enormous fish. Glad to hear she relinquished the beast to her older sister. ;)

One time my daughter was doing some form of body torture, showing off how she could twist her frame into different shapes. I watched, amazed at how limber she was. At one point she hooked her arms behind her knees and twisted herself into the shape of a pretzel, her face now very close to her butt.

Her mom walked by and said, "Get your nose out of your ass and go clean up those dishes."

Yes! I know exactly how she felt! And BTW, I laughed out loud at that one.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
That is unsettling. Your daughter is too young to be hugging such an enormous fish.
you see? you see what happens when you don't tell me you are going to post? *shakes her head*

:D
Silver King said:
Glad to hear she relinquished the beast to her older sister. ;)

LOL. I like your wife. ;)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
These are fabulous.

My mom told my daughter that her daddy was going to spank her with a belt if she didn't behave (he's never done that before).

Her response?

"But what color belt?"

Always the little fashionista.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Just this morning I said to my 6 yro, "climb the wall again. I need to take a picture so your dad believes me when I tell him how you broke your neck"

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Human Anatomy and Physiology class--I was lecturing on the different kinds of "skeletal" structures in the body. Besides bones and cartilage, I talked about how solid muscular structures, like the tongue, can become rigid even though they do not have hard skeletal elements (I explained the muscular hydrostat concept). Then I went on to describe fluid skeletons, using the obvious male part that can become rigid by engorging with blood in blood sinuses (I explained the concept of hydrostatic skeletons). After mentioning this specific male example, I said, "But you can't apply that to the tongue" meaning the hydrostatic theory--the tongue is not a fluid-filled structure. As soon as it was out of my mouth (damn, not another one) As soon as I said it, I realized the oops, and hoped no one would pick up on it. A loud snicker from the back of the class brought the class out of control for the next several minutes.

Best line from a student in the Human A&P class: We were demonstrating the structure of a rat testis, and if the capsule is slit just right, with the testis in a saline solution, seminiferous tubules will float out on the surface of the water. A sweet young sorority-type looks in the dissecting microscope and says, "That's beautiful. What is it?" A male student leans in and replies, "What are you doing tomorrow night?"

Last edited:

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Rat testis? Really? Dude...what do you DO for a living? Seriously.

These are all great. I love the one about climbing the wall.

Just proves again that life really is funnier than fiction, I guess.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!

The only weird thing I can think of right now I said to another grownup - I was trying to explain over the phone to a a fellow (and technically-clueless) secretary how to print out something when Windows didn't give you "all the little thingies at the top." (Read: the menu.) I was telling her, more or less, "No, you hit Control-P - no, it's the CTRL key. You hit that and P - no, at the same time, the same time - no not on - listen to me - no, not the screen - no, the keyboard. No---P ON THE KEYBOARD!"

Took me a moment to figure out why my much more clued-in coworker was rolling on the floor laughing.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not something strange said, but rather done in last night's Hot Yoga class -- Yoga farts. Yes, my Yoga instructor-wife tells me they happen quite frequently, but last night I had the different but related problem-of-the-fart-sound. Hot Yoga is done in a room heated to 90+ degrees and with a rapid succession of poses, so profuse sweating is the outcome, for me in particular (I soak two towels to the ring-it-out state in a 1.25 hour class). In last night's class there were seven students and the instructor (not my wife) in the room. I'm the only male. Problem--the rubberized yoga mat gets wet and when a foot slips or is dragged, an occasional fart-like sound emerges. So what is the normal behavior in such an instance? To ignore it and just get back to concentration and breathing? Or move the foot in that area again to try to duplicate the sound a few more times to show everyone it was the mat and not of bodily origin? Of course, the latter, only to produce a staccato series that would earn a badge and a free beer in male company. So what does one do then? One moves the foot in a more deliberate way to produce more of a slippery, squealing sound that can only come from a wet foot on a rubberized mat. And it did get the wet part right, but not with the rubber mat part. Save me, Warrior Two. Breathe. Relax into the pose... (Never do modified pidgeon again when dripping sweat.)

Last edited:

LorelieBrown

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
"Get you hand off your penis and come pick a cereal." Called down an entire Walmart aisle.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
:roll:

That ranks up there with me hollering for my hubby. "Help! The fish is stuck between the wall & the refrigerator!" Only it was a real fish. He didn't want his tank cleaned at the moment apparently & jumped for cover.

Why does the joke when Eve walked into the ocean & God sighs, "Great! Now the fish are all gonna smell like that!" come to mind? ;)

LorelieBrown

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
OMG...I love this one! More info, please?

I've got three boys. End of story. :)

Naw, my middle child had a problem from about 4 to 5 years old. I told him to "Get your hand off your penis" about 15 times a day. It became one of those mom-isms at our house, along the lines of "Turn off the lights" and "Shut the fridge." I didn't even realize how used to saying it I was until one day were were grocery shopping and he wandered to the other end of the aisle to look at Pop-Tarts.

Yes, there were other people there. One other mom, with a little girl in tow, and two soldiers (I live in a military town). And yes, they turned to stare at me.