What do you wish you were doing right now?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We've got a thread that discusses what we are doing, so this is the place to tell everyone what you wish you were doing. We're all writers here, so lets make it interesting. Be honest, be a liar, funny, serious; your choice.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ok, so back in my wild and untamed youth(last week--HA!), my college friends and I would drive out of town to a lookout point. The view wasn't that great, so the lookout part was more like, “Look out!” The area consisted of a waterfall that was little more than a dustfall most of the year, with a decent-sized body of water lurking at the foot. The only way down--you guessed it--was to climb down the face of the waterfall, which isn't so bad when you're 19 and bulletproof. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So down we'd go. At the bottom we'd set up a picnic area and grill burgers(we came prepared), then we'd swim. This particular lake had a somewhat rocky terrain that would have been lousy for a boat even if you could lower one down. But it had several--I guess you'd call them--crags that were fun to climb and slicker than snot when you were soaked to the skin. We'd climb and dive off, despite the potential dangers lurking in the murky water. And there were plenty. Too often one of us would resurface covered in cuts and scrapes.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Filled with a pointless terror, I'd stand on the edge of those things and adjust my swimsuit/bikini. I knew full well that the high from jumping was worth the fear, but dragging it out was part of the fun. The more fear, the greater the high. I'd take a few steps back, pull in a deep breath, then rocket forward and dive...[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So, I really wish I was doing that right now. [/FONT]​

Last edited:

vrabinec

Dipwad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vrabinec-fred.blogspot.com
I'm going to assume you mean besides being drunk and stoned and having sex with some Cindy Crawford clone nymph.

I'd like to be fishing with my dad. Hear him tell stories I've heard ten times before.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
At home painting so that I can get the computer room finished and then I could put my awesome new desk together.

I'm really excited about getting this room done.

Except for the paint shade indecision. That part sucks. I can't decide which color I like best!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a dam we went to when we were younger that we'd climb to the top of the tower and jump off of. Scary as hell at the top, but fun all the way down. Then in the water the sunfish would bite at the mole on my back and freak me out. lol

As for me, mine isn't a "what," it's a "who." And that's classified information. :D

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
\

As for me, mine isn't a "what," it's a "who." And that's classified information. :D

LOL! Yeah, I've got a "who" too. I bet most of us do.

I wish I was on a beach right now with a fruity drink and a good book. Preferably in the Maldives.

Last edited:

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I wish I was surfing. Or scuba diving. Or traveling through Asia, Europe and other places I haven't been yet, and remote enough to be interesting. Or fighting intergalactic space creatures. Or duking it out with hobgoblins and witches in Fablehaven. Or discovering a new place, with ancient buildings and treasures and boobytraps to trip. Or searching for wild things, wherever they are.

I want for many things.

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
I wanna be on the beach, drinking margaritas and watching the pretty people walk me by. I am a shameless oogler. I figure that if they want to flaunt, I want to look.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
At the moment, I want to be at home with a good book, my cat sitting on the table beside me while I sit in my big, comfortable armchair and read. Possibly falling asleep in the process. :D

Exams really exhaust the brain sometimes. Especially when they are full of math.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I was reading. Something other than calculus or history texts.

vrabinec

Dipwad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vrabinec-fred.blogspot.com
I wish I was drunk and high and in bed with Colin Farrell.

That's plagiarism. You stole my idea and just swapped my Cindy Craford clone nymph for Colin. I'm suing.

And now I wish I was at some outdoor cafe in Prague at dusk...oh, and the cafe just happens to be the one where all the Miis Czech Republic contestants hang out.

Reaction score
My Colin-lust transcends plagiarism.

If you like, I could be sober and just mellow? I'm sure I'd appreciate him more that way.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I was in bed with one of the med students from work :)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
becoming one with the universe.

(or popping bubblewrap)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I was popping bubblewrap, too.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first thought would definitely go against the PG-13 rating we're valiantly trying to maintain, so...

Meeting a friend who lives in the UK for dinner and drinks. It's been too long since we've seen each other.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Wishing I was out by the pool but it's just so darned hot today!!! Worse than yesterday...plus it's supposed to rain later this afternoon.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, since I don't feel tired anymore, I can adjust what I wish I was doing right now.

Now I wish I was eating something really tasty like a chocolate ice cream sundae instead of the bland, boring diet stuff I've been eating.

Last edited: