*sigh* Toxic Inlaws (Outlaws) - WARNING: RANT, IGNORE AT WILL

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
Honestly, I am so fed up of one out law I just don't have anymore words for it.

What would you do with a sister in law who bad mouths your kids, blames them for everything wrong in her household or presence - hates you and bad mouths you from day one for 10 yrs then treats you like crap and talks down her nose at you every chance she gets but "pretends" to be sweet as pie when other family members are around and pulls it off with a sneering smile while those family members believe her sniveling big honking and steaming pile of poo poo...

She uses her facebook for drama (she's off mine 2 months now, she used it to cause drama and gossip about me with other family members, lying about why I took her off as well). She stalks all her ex'es and their ex'es. Bad mouths people (one of her ex'es put a keylogger on her computer while he was still her boyfriend because she and her daughter were accusing him of being a pedophile - to which he is far from being and he wanted to be sure he could defend himself. I don't condone the keylogger but what else was he suppose to do?)

She's spent the last 3 years physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually abusing this ex of hers, even cheated on him in the last two weeks of their "relationship". She literally scares me in the fact that she is so delusional of her sense of reality that I think she may even be psychotic...I'm no doc though so I can't dx that by any means...If only I could show examples of it (from FB drama she sent my way) but I won't do that because I don't want to post what is not mine to fully post. Suffice it to say this is a huge rant from another BS drama that she's starting up again for the sake of dramz....she can't live without it this woman...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And all I can offer is some popcorn.....:popcorn: and maybe a ((((((YOU)))))

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all for keeping your distance too. The last thing you need is her extending that physical violence to you and your kids. Cut her out of your life wherever humanly possible. Don't engage her, don't interact with her. Don't let emotional vampires like that suck the life out of you.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Agree with the others. Keep your distance. More than likely, all other family members know she's full of garbage.

If you're inclined, tell her straight out that you will have no contact with her. And tell her why. Then never see her again if you can help it.

You don't need people in your life like this. Life's too short. Good luck.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Distance?
She's not blood, I'd tell her to stay the hell away from me.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Distance?

Sure. Normally I'd say go after her in a dark alley with a lead pipe, but Tabitha has kids to think about. And crazy people like this? It's not much of a leap for them to get violent over something small like being told to stay away. Even a restraining order isn't much use against someone like that. It just makes them angrier and more likely to lash out.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I had a dream.

No I'm not MLK, but God came to me in the dream and told me that I was going to reveal the secret to true happiness to the world, and not to worry what I needed to say--that it would come to me when I got up on stage.

I was terrified for what seemed like forever, and then I was ushered out onto a balcony like kings do in movies. The whole world was there--I stepped up to the microphone and said "Stay away from negative people."

I woke up and have applied that to every aspect of my life, and I'm a pretty happy person. When I get around someone like you're describing, it kills me creativly and spiritually.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have nothing to do with the bitch! Seriously! MY sister causes a lot of problems for me last year and I stopped talking to her for almost 6 months.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have kept my distance, the only time I've spoken up is when she uses disinformation behind my back to make herself look good in front of others and me look like a total Biotch from hell (when the truth is the other way around).

This is a woman who told my hubbs (then boyfriend) from day one to dump me...his own sister, then sticks her nose in every aspect of our lives until finally I cut her off 2 months ago. aadams is right (sorry if I missed spelling that correctly, I'm just so beyond irate with the new "drama in my absence therefore ability to defend myself" BS she is causing right now. I'm 600 miles away from the woman, my motive for moving from the city to the country was strictly city rat race, expenses and her... That says a lot doesn't it?

I have children to defend and keep safe, believe me I've seen what she does with her 4 children and that is not a person I want anywhere near mine. Yes, the authorities have been called on her several times (children's welfare) by schools, other family members and neighbors - no they don't do jack shiote because she can smile them slyly out the door and make it look like nothing is wrong. All the calls from these people were warranted too and yet she gets away with it. *sigh* This is one very - very toxic person that scares me to have around me and mine. I doubt sincerely that the woman would ever win going toe to toe with me in any aspect of the definition of it BUT my kids don't need that type of drama and she is beneath me to even bother.

Thanks for the support, I needed it.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Definitely cut this person out of your life. My SIL and I haven't spoken in months, and I'm trying to keep it that way (in spite of the rest of the family ordering us to "settle it"...as far as I'm concerned, it IS settled). We've had a lot of problems with my husband's family, particularly his sister. They're no small part of the reason we moved 3,000 miles - and eventually, 8,000 miles - away.

I highly recommend this book. It mostly deals with MIL/FIL issues, but it relates to siblings-in-law too.

My husband read Toxic Parents, I read Toxic In-laws...helped us deal with a lot of the crap his family throws at us.

Good luck. Toxic people are horrible.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Tabitha I do wish you the best of luck with this and hope it works out. Conflict within a family is never good.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Bad People--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Me.

That's what I do. It's called distance. Why have poison in your life. If you got rid of her, you wouldn't have to rant about her. It's easy math, man. BLANK THE BITCH.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
For a minute there I thought you'd taken a peek at my past family life. I had several sister-in-laws like that.

You don't have to do what I did. I got a divorce. But my best advice...listen to KTC. He's spot on. And if she comes looking for trouble, well...then just politely ask her to leave. If she doesn't...walk away, close the door and don't...do NOT fall to the temptation of thinking cos its the outlaws that you have to associate with them. :)

Other than that...you could tell her to FOAD.

*smiles sweetly and goes back to writing*

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Stop defending yourself. Anything she says does not matter. There's no reason for you to correct anything she says. If you occupy yourself with righting the wrongs you'll never gain freedom. If your inlaws value her opinion over yours nothing you say will change it. Just live your life free of caring about their opinions. Either they'll see the truth, yay for you, or they won't. Oh well.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with icerose. Very wise words. Honestly, those bent on believing the worst aren't going to be persuaded by any argument presented by you. And, it's good practice for you to not run thinking you have to do this...doing that creates more insecurity and fear for you and....

it really freaks people out when you just go quiet. It is unnerving. There is NO rule that says you have to talk to them or explain anything to them.

Remember what KTC said...distance yourself.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Bad People--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Me.

That's what I do. It's called distance. Why have poison in your life. If you got rid of her, you wouldn't have to rant about her. It's easy math, man. BLANK THE BITCH.

And yet, you still talk to me. :rolleyes:

Tabitha: I don't have much to add to what everyone else has said. Keep this woman at arm's length, and try to ignore her drama as much as you can. I know that can be a challenge, but if you react to her crap you're only giving her what she wants.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
It usually takes us until we're about thirty years old to stand up and scrape off the human barnacles that have dragged us down in life. After that, it's more or less smooth sailing, as you'll be quick not to allow more negative growth to inhibit your progress in the future.

People are funny, you know? They'll pretty much walk all over us for as long as we let them.

Three words you'll want to remember going forward are: "F*ck you," and "no." Those may seem interchangeable, but they're often not and have specific applications in life.

For example, a simple "no" might work when someone is trying to take advantage of you, say by asking you to watch her four kids while she goes to the Poconos for a week with her new boyfriend or something.

On the other hand, you might want to bring out the big guns when she tries to belittle you in public, tells lies in front of family members or otherwise makes you feel like crap. Just say to her, out loud in front of everybody, "Fuck you." Depending upon the inflection you convey, everyone should know exactly what you're imparting, and you'll be surprised by how many people agree with you, though they'll be too chicken-shit to admit it to anyone but themselves.

After that brief exchange, don't ever talk to that person again. Don't even look at her, and she will wither from your life in short order, and you will be free from her. Free, free forever.

(And don't make the same mistake I did and let her back into your life, where you'll have to repeat the separation again, even after you knew she'd never change. It causes much more problems and heartache the second time around.)

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I agree with everything that was said. I think I'll be doing that, and buying that toxic in laws book.

One problem - how do you deal with an impending family reunion that one cannot get out of and was hoping this toxic sil was not going as she said would not but now is going...

That and all the family members she is mouthing off to will be there. It's an unavoidable obligation...one I don't look forward to...I know I can keep it civil and know in turn she cannot.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It usually takes us until we're about thirty years old to stand up and scrape off the human barnacles that have dragged us down in life. After that, it's more or less smooth sailing, as you'll be quick not to allow more negative growth to inhibit your progress in the future.

People are funny, you know? They'll pretty much walk all over us for as long as we let them.

Three words you'll want to remember going forward are: "F*ck you," and "no." Those may seem interchangeable, but they're often not and have specific applications in life.

For example, a simple "no" might work when someone is trying to take advantage of you, say by asking you to watch her four kids while she goes to the Poconos for a week with her new boyfriend or something.

On the other hand, you might want to bring out the big guns when she tries to belittle you in public, tells lies in front of family members or otherwise makes you feel like crap. Just say to her, out loud in front of everybody, "Fuck you." Depending upon the inflection you convey, everyone should know exactly what you're imparting, and you'll be surprised by how many people agree with you, though they'll be too chicken-shit to admit it to anyone but themselves.

After that brief exchange, don't ever talk to that person again. Don't even look at her, and she will wither from your life in short order, and you will be free from her. Free, free forever.

(And don't make the same mistake I did and let her back into your life, where you'll have to repeat the separation again, even after you knew she'd never change. It causes much more problems and heartache the second time around.)

I think that answers my last impending doom question...lol....

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I can go to group meetings like this and the people that I turned off are NOT THERE...even if physically they are. It's all about will power. I value my happiness. If there are vial people in my space, I just erase them. You can do it. Besides, I often find that as soon as they realize they are having zero reaction from you they get bored. Even if they don't, just erase her...like she isn't even there. It doesn't matter what she says or does with other people...she can't get to you if you don't let her. ERASE.

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
I agree with Icerose. I have problems with the inlaws, but the only really toxic person in my life was an "ex-friend" of my fiance. She would spread horrible, life affecting lies about my man and I. At first we spent a great deal of time trying to undo the damage, until we realised that our reputation was above her lies. People knew that she was full of crap, even if we didn't realise it at first. It's just that everyone was so scared of getting on her bad side that they humoured her.
Two years of keeping our distance from her and ignoring her attempts to break us down, we're finally "free" of her. She's moved her attentions to other people who are more receptive to her attacks.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
*stands behind SK in her choir robes singing, "can I get me an Amen?" ;)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
One problem - how do you deal with an impending family reunion that one cannot get out of and was hoping this toxic sil was not going as she said would not but now is going....

Two words---don't go.

And yes you CAN get out of it. You only think you can't. If you are not in a place where you can ignore her---don't go.