PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!!!!! Sooooo close...

alanna
06-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone,

So, I'm well aware that I should be ecstatic to be where I am... and I am very very happy... but I'm also very VERY frustrated and need to vent a little, because the maybes are killing me!!!

My manuscript has been given six or seven "we like it but..." from major publishers. Two indicated real interest. One requested a re-write, and is requesting another re-write, the other decided it was a no-go.

I'm ecstatic and proud that the manuscript made it this far... I am FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF TO GET ANOTHER MAYBE!!!

But I suppose the frustration will pass. Truth be told, I'm very excited and grateful to be given another opportunity to do a rewrite... and I know I shouldn't be complaining. But... well...

I am.

So there.

Wah. :Headbang:

::cracks fingers:: Now about that re-write... :e2writer:

dgrintalis
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm sorry.

:Hug2:

Calla Lily
06-09-2009, 01:55 AM
*hands chocolate and wine and No-Doz*

wannawrite
06-09-2009, 01:57 AM
So sorry. Just think how good it is going to feel when you finally get that 'yes'!

Snowstorm
06-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Right there with you, Alanna. I FINISHED my novel, and had the invaluable opportunity to show it to someone in the publishing biz a few days ago. He liked it a lot, but gave me a tidbit to punch it up.

I hate to think of a rewrite (after at least 20 frickin' times of line-by-line editing and three colleagues' editing), but at least it's a small rewrite. And he had a good point, one I hadn't ever thought of.

At least you know what to do. You know it'll be better afterward. (I know, it still sucks to rewrite.)

Best of luck for a YES after your revision!

Laura Lond
06-09-2009, 03:26 AM
I feel for you Alanna. Sometimes I just want to scream, "WHEN????!!!! When is it finally going to happen?!?!" Most of us have been through all kinds of waiting games, which is a part of the biz, unfortunately. It is hard. I don't know how I keep going.

Oh, and I got an R from my dream agent today.

alanna
06-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the support everyone! I really do appreciate it.