PDA

View Full Version : New story rejected again.

Cybernaught
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
My most recent story (and first serious foray into Mainstream) was rejected again. But the editor responded personally, and told me that he wouldn't be buying it because he wanted the story to do more for him and it didn't. But he did say that there will be other editors who would want it because it is "quality in the writing department." So that brightened up my day a little bit.

MumblingSage
06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
That's good to hear. It's always tough to sell a story that isn't in a genre you're used to, but if it got that personal response, you have to be doing something right!

Cybernaught
06-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Well it's tough enough for me to even sell a story in the genre I AM used to. :-P

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think I'm gonna keep plugging away at it.

Laura Lond
06-09-2009, 03:47 AM
At least you know that your story and especially your writing is good. You probably knew it anyway, but still. :)

All we can do is keep working.

Cybernaught
06-09-2009, 06:31 AM
At least you know that your story and especially your writing is good. You probably knew it anyway, but still. :)

All we can do is keep working.

LOL, well I think I concentrated so much on the writing that I didn't pay much attention to the story. It was my first attempt at a sort of mainstream love story, but it's clear my inexperience in the area showed. But it's okay though, because the next one is going to be awesome. Until it's rejected that is.

Phaeal
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Write that editor a thank you letter on nice note paper. If we want more non-form responses, we need to reward positive editorial behavior. Besides, you'll earn writing karma points you can apply to the next submission.

Laura Lond
06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Love your sig Phaeal!! :D :D :D

stormie
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Rejections aren't easy, but do get easier to accept with time. Send it on out again. :)

wannawrite
06-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Chin up. Keep trying. You will get there