Writers of the Future 2nd Quarter results

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
So, they've started posting honorable mentions on the blog and my name isn't in them. :/

I'd love an honorable mention to be honest. I don't think my story is good enough to win and waiting is stressing me out so badly :p No news is hell.

Anyone else competing in the 2nd quarter?

vrabinec

Dipwad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vrabinec-fred.blogspot.com
I know exactly what you mean about no news is hell.

I started writing one for the 3rd qtr, but that's at 20k words and growing by the minute. So, now I'm debating on whether to revise a short I subbed to PARSEC and sub it, just to keep going on the other WIP which I'm enjoying.

I'll probably sub though, because, as bad as no news hell is, nothing subbed is even worse.

Are you gonna revise and sub elsewhere, or do you have something new in the works for the 3rd qtr?

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I haven't got anything for the third quarter (or the fourth even :p) but I have a dissertation to procrastinate on already and that's sucking the inspiration out of me. Or more like, I want to write but when I start, I feel so guilty I'm not working on my dissertation that I get blocked >_<

When I get news from the contest, if it's a loss (as I expect it will be, let's face it, I'm not that good :( ), I'll probably rework it a bit (although I don't know how to make it any better) and resub somewhere else. Don't know where since the speculative aspect of it is very subtle and most SFF mags I know like their SFF obvious...

Vrabinec, sub sub sub :) Do as I say, not as I do ;)