Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Nowhere else could I ask this without getting suspicious looks. :)

I need to drug someone with a mild sedative. Seconal looks good, as it also causes the perfect set of anaphlaxis reactions. I want the bad gal to crush up a pill and serve it in the victim's coffee--but I'm quite sure it has a horrendously bitter taste.

ETA: The son suggested rohypnol (gotta love those anti-drug classes they take in HS!) but its effects are a little severe and don't seem to include allergic reactions.

Does anyone know:

A different drug with similar effects that doesn't taste nasty?

Or

A drink that would disguise the taste just enough to make the victim think that (for example) someone brewed the coffee way too strong? Non-alcoholic if at all possible.

Procuring any drug isn't a problem, BTW.

Thank you! :e2flowers

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Add some almond flavored creamer or chocolate mocha to the coffee. Both have strong tastes that will cover other flavors. Some strong scented flowers on the table - like violets - can help with it, too.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Procuring any drug isn't a problem, BTW.
Kewl. In that case, could you get me some...

Oh, wait. I'll bet Mac's watching.

Never mind.

Add some almond flavored creamer or chocolate mocha to the coffee. Both have strong tastes that will cover other flavors. Some strong scented flowers on the table - like violets - can help with it, too.

Almond flavored creamer is exactly what I was thinking of. Hell, with that stuff, you can't even taste the coffee. And have your character, male or female, wear heavy fragrance too.

Palmfrond

cereal killer
Registered
Reaction score
Any drug could cause an allergic reaction, even anaphylaxis, although they are more or less common with different drugs.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ooh, almond creamer! See what I miss by only taking my coffee strong and black?

The perfume is out, alas--we're talking a bunch of nuns here. But the creamer is perfect.

Just one more reason AWers are the best.:e2grouphu Thank you!

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Peanut butter. I used to give my dog his pills on a spoon of peanut butter, he gobbled it down, never noticing the pill(s). You could do the same thing with a peanut butter sandwich or peanut butter on toast. Cream cheese may work too but the flavor may be too bland.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hmmm. Never thought of that, RJK. This will happen in a group setting, thus my thought of coffee that could be doctored for her, while leaving everyone else's clean.

Thanks.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Ativan, crushed, doesn't have much of a taste. That's a seditive. And depending on the size of the dosage, it's a small round whitish-colored pill. It's obtained through a doctor for anxiety. Almond creamer for the coffee or almond flavored sugar would mask the taste nicely. (My younger son was prescribed this last year for a short time. )

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*looks up Ativan*

I need the MC loopy but not totally out of it. She'll have to navigate stairs and then be just with-it enough to realize she's been drugged because 2 people she trusts have colluded: one to steer her to the room of the other so the latter can rape her. MC will be inflicting damage to his junk and escaping.

Thanks, stormie.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Trazodone. Prescribed to me by a doctor for depression and insomnia. The 100 mg tablets are white and round, medium sized. I've let them melt in my mouth and the taste isn't too bad, so coffee might do it. The look almost like an aspirin, except the words Dan Dan are stamped on the front. They'll knock ya out, all right. For an hour or two after taking it, you're a bit loopy but functional before sleep comes, so it might work for you.

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
Add an overdose of pure caffeine (a controlled substance available at pharmacies epecially in infant care wings of hospitals).

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
GHB is another option... comes in powder, liquid or capsule/tabelt and is most often slipped into drinks (like Rohypnol is a "date rape drug"). Easy to mask the taste too as it's colorless and odorless!

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
> Easy to mask the taste too as it's colorless and odorless!

GHB is actually a little bit salty, although it's very difficult to detect by taste alone. Best served with a salt-ringed Margharita glass.

Some people add salt to the coffee brewing machine to increase the coffee taste. Kind of an old grand-mother recipe. The coffee machine might be a way to introduce the drug without anyone noticing it.

-cb

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
> Easy to mask the taste too as it's colorless and odorless!

GHB is actually a little bit salty, although it's very difficult to detect by taste alone. Best served with a salt-ringed Margharita glass.

Some people add salt to the coffee brewing machine to increase the coffee taste. Kind of an old grand-mother recipe. The coffee machine might be a way to introduce the drug without anyone noticing it.

-cb

I've never tried it! LOL ;)
That is interesting about putting salt in coffee though....never heard of that.

Last edited:

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, hammer, but the MC is an espresso addict. :Coffee:

All the better, there's some chance the poisoning would not be recognized as such by the police. (You are not protected from overdose just because you're an addict.)

From wikipedia:
An acute overdose of caffeine, usually in excess of about 300 milligrams, dependent on body weight and level of caffeine tolerance, can result in a state of central nervous system over-stimulation called caffeine intoxication,[78] colloquially "caffeine jitters". The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are not unlike overdoses of other stimulants. It may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.[76] In cases of much larger overdoses mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked.[79][80]

In cases of extreme overdose, death can result. The median lethal dose (LD50) given orally, is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats.[2] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass, roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited time frame that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine.

So it takes a lot to kill someone, but just making them sick is another story.