Which do you like better, RL or being here?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Um....real life. It's a bliss.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I love it here. You don't got to put your coat on to go to the bathroom. And your house is always parked in the same place.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Most of the time, I prefer being here. I can participate in conversations when or if I want to. And I can take time to compose my thoughts, editing what I say if necessary.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I love it here. You don't got to put your coat on to go to the bathroom. And your house is always parked in the same place.

you don't got. let us pull up the trailer park and get comfy, shall we.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, real life includes such things as work, driving in rush hour traffic, having to shop for groceries, filing out tax returns, cleaning the gutters, washing the car, and taking women out to very expensive restaurants . . . but it does have a couple of good points as well.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I now need to lose 10 pounds.

Rule of thumb: Dating someone means you'll get fat. Goes for guys and girls.
Or you could fall head-over-heels in love. I find that's the best diet drug in the world . . . although it does have quite a few side effects, such as doing stupid things, writing bad poetry, and buying roses.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I like being here a lot, but I gotta be honest: sex just isn't the same without a partner in the same room.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I thought RL was some other writing forum. Real Life? It's okay when the sun is shining and the boids are singin'.

Here? It's a nice little alternate world I like to visit, but real life has the edge most days. Okay, some days.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
It's here - no one whines as me (for the most part), I get to talk to other writers who understand just how insane writers really are, and there's lots of cyber chocolate. What's not to love???

And here, I can talk about my characters like they're real people and no one goes looking for the butterfly nets. I talk about my characters in RL, and I tend to get some strange looks from outsiders. Seriously - talk about a swordfight scene you've written, when people don't know you're talking about your own characters... it's fun.

But I like RL, too - just in small doses

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be diplomatic and say that both have their charms.

Here I get to hang with people who share a common interest, while "out there" I get to experience things that refill the well.

Case in point, the three cops who inhabit the Starbucks I visit on Sunday mornings. Officers Donut, Taco, and Shaft amuse me to no end with their antics. Recently Taco came in toting some kind of assault rifle. This past Sunday they were all arguing over which was the best video card. It's a mixed bag with that lot and I love the energy they bring to the place. Eventually some of their quirks will worm their way into my work.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I guess most of us like it here way better. I'm in that group. RL does have its moments, on occasion. :)

vrabinec

Dipwad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vrabinec-fred.blogspot.com
Depends on what I'm doing. When the wife and I are having wild monkey sex, then RL beats the shit out of this place. When I've got a pissed off customer on the phone, AW is the place to be. Everything else falls somewhere in between.

I do find that the writing common denominator I share with the people on here makes most of you far more interesting than most of the RL people I interact with on a daily basis.