PDA

View Full Version : Oh come on! Another one? v. Final Destination 4

James81
06-07-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/

Don't know what to say about this one. The first movie was awesome and original. The second one was decent enough, but a rehash of the first one.

The third one blew chunks.

And now a fourth one is on its way.

My issue with this is that they don't do anything new or orginal with these sequels. It's been the same exact movie made over twice now, and I've got a fiver saying that this new one will be the repeat X 3.

Zoombie
06-07-2009, 10:18 PM
The first one kinda struck me as a bit...well...redolent.

I mean...death, killing people? What else is death supposed to do?

katiemac
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it's "The Final Destination," so maybe it's "the" last one? ;)

James81
06-07-2009, 10:56 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it's "The Final Destination," so maybe it's "the" last one? ;)

Ha ha, yeah. Until they reboot it in 10 years.

Calla Lily
06-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Two words: Saw VI. *knsert gagging smiley*

Perks
06-07-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know guys, this is one franchise that has kept its hilarity and squeals for me. As far as I can tell, they can make as many Final Destination films as they like and I'll watch them.

Pure, unapologetic, horrifying nonsense. In this case, I love it.

ChaosTitan
06-08-2009, 04:47 AM
I don't know guys, this is one franchise that has kept its hilarity and squeals for me. As far as I can tell, they can make as many Final Destination films as they like and I'll watch them.

Pure, unapologetic, horrifying nonsense. In this case, I love it.

Ditto. :D

Cyia
06-08-2009, 04:52 AM

Never actually seen Final Destination (or Saw for that matter), but I get the feeling these movies are like the old Nightmare on Elm Street movies. It doesn't matter if Freddy's Dead, he'll always come back for more. :flag:

dclary
06-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Death sure is a vindicative bitch, isn't she?

childeroland
06-08-2009, 05:55 AM
And a fan of Rube Goldberg.

darkprincealain
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
And a fan of Rube Goldberg.

A big, big fan. At least in these movies. And not a big fan of Ali Larter.

(At least, in the first two.)

CheshireCat
06-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Ditto. :D

Yeah, me too. At least this franchise has a bit of macabre humor sprinkled throughout. I'll watch the fourth one, though probably on DVD.

I also rate according to lingering chills and/or fears (like not going into the ocean for about twenty years after Jaws.:D) And ever since Final Destination 3, I haven't been able to look at a tanning bed without flinching. (I was already rollercoaster-phobic, and even more so now.)

CheshireCat
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
A big, big fan. At least in these movies. And not a big fan of Ali Larter.

(At least, in the first two.)

I was hoping the franchise would keep her alive. I like it when I can root for somebody in these things, and so far the only series/trilogy to have that satisfying element was the Scream trilogy. Which I loved. And Resident Evil is sort of doing that, at least through Extinction. Sort of. :) Enjoying those too.

Saw lost me early. I watched the first one, but had a major problem believing the setup. Just didn't buy that anyone could predict the actions/responses of so many people so perfectly as to be able to build a chain of events leading to the outcome they wanted.

Still don't believe that. I watched Saw II but after that I bailed.

ChaosTitan
06-09-2009, 01:23 AM
) And ever since Final Destination 3, I haven't been able to look at a tanning bed without flinching. (I was already rollercoaster-phobic, and even more so now.)

The song that's played over that scene is on the radio overhead at work. Guess what I think about every time it plays?

Writer2011
06-09-2009, 01:29 AM
I can't wait for this one..and it's going to be in 3-D..well in selected theaters. Sure they aren't meant to win Oscars or best actors but to me they're mindless entertainment. I don't like going to a movie where I have to be challenged...I get that enough in real life. :)

Perks
06-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Oh no. I hate 3-D. I will definitely seek out the regular ole 2-D version.

Jcomp
06-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Two words: Saw VI. *knsert gagging smiley*

Not only that, but they're already talking about giving a green light to Saw 7 - 9. I'm calling for a boycott of these films in San Antonio...

Cybernaught
06-09-2009, 06:16 AM
The deaths are so contrived in these films that you can't help but laugh. Although I guess the writers just chalk that up to death contriving because he needs to kill people. But does death really need to be so elaborate and gruesome? Why not just stop their hearts like in The Frighteners? At least it would save us a good hour and a half of our lives that we'll never get back.

I liked the original because it was clever. The sequels, as already mentioned, were just rehashes of the first. Yeah, Death comes for everyone no matter what, and there's no avoiding it or escaping it. Okay, you covered that in the first three movies. Is a fourth really needed?

Perks
06-09-2009, 07:05 AM
It's the elaborate-ness of the deaths that's so hilarious. Every scene, you look around going, "There on a playground. What could possibly go wrong?" The you see the loose spring on the bouncy dinosaur,and the place where the gravel's been pushed aside off the slippery ground cover, and the menacing mockingbird, and the... the... aaaagghhhh!

Writer2011
06-09-2009, 07:43 AM
I've seen the trailer for The Final Destination and looks GOOD!!! Especially the car wash scene. And yes these movies are the same, but still good. I'm a horror movie junkie....or what I call shock horror..think Friday The 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street they are meant to poke fun.

Cybernaught
06-09-2009, 07:55 AM
I gave up after the guy slipped on spaghetti and the escape ladder impaled him. Are you serious? Have you ever heard of ANYONE being impaled by an escape ladder? And the lady in the first movie who had the kitchen knife fall on her. I'm no Physics expert, but could a kitchen knife really fall from the counter and impale someone with such force like that? Unless it was a Hatori Hanzo brand of cutlery.

christopher1
06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I have watched all the episodes of final destination all are good,,,

bettielee
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Good God in heaven. What part of "final destination" did they not understand? How many teenish folk must be killed in ludicrous, unbelievable ways before this franchise meets its own devilish end?

aadams73
06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah, me too. At least this franchise has a bit of macabre humor sprinkled throughout. I'll watch the fourth one, though probably on DVD.

Yeah, the Final Destination flicks keep me entertained too. I'll keep watching.

Perks
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I gave up after the guy slipped on spaghetti and the escape ladder impaled him. Through the eye, no less.

Are you serious? Have you ever heard of ANYONE being impaled by an escape ladder? Of course not. The entire series of films is meant as a screeching joke.

This is exactly what I love about the films. If somehow you cheat Death, it has to resort to these ridiculous machinations to get you.

Diana Hignutt
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I gave up after the guy slipped on spaghetti and the escape ladder impaled him. Are you serious? Have you ever heard of ANYONE being impaled by an escape ladder? And the lady in the first movie who had the kitchen knife fall on her. I'm no Physics expert, but could a kitchen knife really fall from the counter and impale someone with such force like that? Unless it was a Hatori Hanzo brand of cutlery.

It's not funny...I lost my aunt that way.

aadams73
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
*Chokes on her coffee, slides out of the chair, hits head on the desk, passes out until cat settles on face. Dies from cat fur inhalation.*

Smileycat
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
They ran out of ideas, so they are killing off my entire family in this one (including me) in an evil paranormal plot, so I'm not sure how longer I can post...

RickN
06-12-2009, 01:58 AM
I've enjoyed these movies and their Rube Goldberg death sequences.

As far as them being 'not needed', I never understood that concept. I mean, every movie is superfluous to life and 'not needed'. If you're not interested, then don't go see it. There's not a shortage of things to do in this world.

I probably won't see Saw 6-9, but I could care less if they're made. It's not like the director is going to come to my house and bring me some fantastic new novel instead of making that movie.

dclary
06-12-2009, 02:04 AM
True Life Final Destination:

Woman who missed the Air France jet from Brazil that crashed last week?

Killed in an auto accident yesterday.

Zoombie
06-12-2009, 02:28 AM
You know what the trailer of the latest film reminds me of?

Freejack.

That was a cool movie. It had Mick Jagger in it!

MrWrite
06-14-2009, 04:05 AM
Not only that, but they're already talking about giving a green light to Saw 7 - 9. I'm calling for a boycott of these films in San Antonio...

I only watched the first Saw. That was such an original classic watching any of the others would have only cheapened it for me.

As for FD I enjoyed the first 2. I found the 3rd a little weak apart from the horrific sunbed scene. I'll give the 4th film a go.