Confusion on Levine Greenberg Agency

Catadmin

An Author in Search of a Plot
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
Has anyone ever submitted to this agency before?

I filled out their online submission form a few hours ago and at the bottom it says to send them fifty pages of the manuscript via email. Yet as soon as I hit the submit button, I received an email saying "Don't follow up on the query. If we're interested, we'll email you."

I totally understand that automated email, but it seems to me that if I'm not supposed to send in the manuscript but was supposed to upload it on the form, there would have been a file attachment link.

Can anyone tell me if I'm supposed to wait for a response before sending my fifty pages or should I send the file attached to an email?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks,

Catadmin

Danthia

If it says to send 50 pages via e-mail, I'd send 50 pages via e-mail. I suspect they don't want "did you get my query?" type e-mails. And that no response means no.

Copydiva

Pump up the fruit
Registered
Reaction score
I've contacted them but I did so directly. I would not use the online form. Find the agent you're interested in querying and do so directly. I did this and simply sent a query. Heard back from two agents in a span of two hours.

Good luck!

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
It's possible that they wanted the 50 pages appended to the end of the email, or in the field on the online form. Most agents, in my experience, don't want to receive email attachments because of virus worries, so that's probably what they meant.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's no field for it that I could find on the form (I had the same questions myself).

Catadmin

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
Cyia,

OT Response: I'm new around here. Do a lot of people attach chapters to posts on the water cooler? Do you get decent feedback (as in helpful) from such a practice?

Catadmin

blueobsidian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersblocks.blogspot.com
If you want feedback you want to check out the Share Your Work section (the password is vista). There is a section for queries and ones for different genres. I've seen tons of helpful feedback down there, although people are blunt. Be prepared for total honesty.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I filled out the online form in February; never heard anything back. Last month, I emailed one of their agents directly. Thirty-five minutes later, that agent requested my full manuscript. I've never received a response after filling out online "general" forms, leading me to belive they're nothing more than dead letter boxes.

Catadmin

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
Well, I sent the manuscript via email after filling out the form. Haven't heard anything yet.

What timeline do you expect on the full? I'm leery of emailing agents directly when they're website has specific instructions on how to submit that don't involve direct emails.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Catadmin: I have no idea how long it'll take for the agent to get to my ms and read the whole thing. Various authors report anywhere from a couple of weeks to a year.
I, too, honor agencies' guidelines, but I happened to discover that this particular agent did welcome direct email queries.

Catadmin

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
There's a thread on this agency in Bewares & Background Check. Perhaps this thread should be ported there?

- Victoria

There is? Yikes! I'd better go check it out.

Strange thing is, I did a check on AgentResearch (I think that's the website) and they told me it was a legit agency.

blueobsidian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersblocks.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
They are a good legit agency, but their submission form seems to have a mind of its own: some people have reported getting quick responses while others never hear back. The good thing is that many agents at Levine's do accept direct email queries. That's what I did - queried directly - and I got a quick reply.