PDA

View Full Version : Scary characters

Sweetleaf
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Have you ever had a story you needed to get out, but felt you just weren't ready for?

I've had a particular character and her story knocking around inside my head for at least fifteen years now, but, as much as I want to make her go away, I don't think I am emotionally and even physically ready for it.

For a start, I think I'll need my children to be older. Getting her out is going to take me to some very bad places and require unlocking some very dangerous thought patterns that I have worked for years to lock out of my concious mind.

I know this sounds all very dramatic, but I think getting this out to the degree that it deserves is gouing to take some serious emotional effort and immersion in my 'dark' side.

Has anyone else been through this?

How did you cope? Was it as bad as you thought it would be?

Or am I just an emotional, dramatic freak?

BigWords
06-05-2009, 10:48 PM
You're an over-emotional, hyper-dramatic freak, yeah. Sorry. Just go to the dark place in your brain. My characters (or, to be specific, most of them) are completely damaged, totally insane freaks. I'm happy knowing I'm getting my frustrations out on fictional characters rather than poking a cashier in the eye because she took too long picking out the small change for a purchase.

If I didn't write out all the nasty stuff I would probably be in a padded room. Even then, I would be writing on the walls with a crayon...