PDA

View Full Version : Funny critique comments

Devil Ledbetter
06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
And so polite! http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2009/6/5rey.html

"I love that everybody in this story has the same name, but it was a bit confusing."

aadams73
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Brilliant. :D This one tickled me:

"It's your story, your voice, your choices, and I don't want to question them, but why these words?"

KTC
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
"You probably don't need about half of what's written here."

Stab me in the eye. God!

Pagey's_Girl
06-05-2009, 07:50 PM
"This character seems more like a retired librarian than a former terrorist."

LOL! Priceless...

ETA - it also sounds like something I'd get critiqued for.

Stew21
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
One of my favorite funny crit comments was "It's not a trashy romance novel at all!" (as though this was a Huge surprise for her...she totally expected that a trashy novel is what I would have produced. )

heh.

Pagey's_Girl
06-05-2009, 08:06 PM
"Maybe a little less time should be spent describing the Cheetos in this scene."

I think I was once told something similar, only about maybe not describing an omelet in such microscopic detail. It's not a good idea for me to write when I'm hungry.

Angie
06-05-2009, 09:34 PM
"I wonder if the sentence about killing pregnant women is too much, or if it should just be explained more."

:roll:

ETA:

"Apes, aliens, then dead vampire family = too much Sci-Fi."

:eek:

*scraps WIP*

Fenika
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
"The problem is I have all these questions I don't necessarily want you to answer for me. I raise these questions to let you know that there were questions, and if you had intended me to perceive the answers to any of them, I didn't."

That's my alter ego!

Sweetleaf
06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
This wasn't so much funny as annoying for me:

'We really liked it, but we don't really have any experience with this kind of work.'

Well why did you want to read it then?!? Get my hopes up, why don't you?

sunna
06-05-2009, 10:53 PM
"Normally I would assume that there was some kind of printing error, but since you're messing around with other elements like that in this story I tried to figure out if it meant something, and if I was supposed to guess what was missing, and I couldn't really come to any conclusions about it."

:ROFL:

Wayne K
06-05-2009, 11:02 PM
"I love that everybody in this story has the same name, but it was a bit confusing."

This is priceless.

Wayne K
06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
:ROFL: I'll even give it one of these.

Sweetleaf
06-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I love that it led me to this section:

ESSAY PROMPTS
FOR THE 2009
SENIOR ADVANCED PLACEMENT HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH EXAM FOR WOMEN.
BY WENDY MOLYNEUX
- - - -

1. In the novel The Great Gatsby, the character of Daisy hopes that her daughter will be "a beautiful little fool." What is F. Scott Fitzgerald saying through his character's speech about the position of women during the era when this novel takes place? Also, why are you a fool?

2. Shakespeare's Hamlet, Flaubert's Madame Bovary, and Tolstoy's Anna Karenina share the trope of the suicidal female. What is your favorite nail polish color and why?

3. In Toni Morrison's Beloved, how does the physical female body become a placeholder for the collective female unconscious? Now, look around the room and write down the name of all of the girls you think are too fat.

bettielee
06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
"The rules of the game, the rules by which you're breaking the rules, should be perfectly clear to the reader. In this story, they are not."

Priceless