Funny critique comments

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Brilliant. :D This one tickled me:

[FONT=times, times new roman]"It's your story, your voice, your choices, and I don't want to question them, but why these words?" [/FONT]

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
"You probably don't need about half of what's written here."

Stab me in the eye. God!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorite funny crit comments was "It's not a trashy romance novel at all!" (as though this was a Huge surprise for her...she totally expected that a trashy novel is what I would have produced. )

heh.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
"Maybe a little less time should be spent describing the Cheetos in this scene."

I think I was once told something similar, only about maybe not describing an omelet in such microscopic detail. It's not a good idea for me to write when I'm hungry.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
"I wonder if the sentence about killing pregnant women is too much, or if it should just be explained more."

:roll:

ETA:

"Apes, aliens, then dead vampire family = too much Sci-Fi."

:eek:

*scraps WIP*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The problem is I have all these questions I don't necessarily want you to answer for me. I raise these questions to let you know that there were questions, and if you had intended me to perceive the answers to any of them, I didn't."

That's my alter ego!

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
This wasn't so much funny as annoying for me:

'We really liked it, but we don't really have any experience with this kind of work.'

Well why did you want to read it then?!? Get my hopes up, why don't you?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
"Normally I would assume that there was some kind of printing error, but since you're messing around with other elements like that in this story I tried to figure out if it meant something, and if I was supposed to guess what was missing, and I couldn't really come to any conclusions about it."

:ROFL:

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
I love that it led me to this section:

ESSAY PROMPTS
FOR THE 2009
SENIOR ADVANCED PLACEMENT HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH EXAM FOR WOMEN.
BY WENDY MOLYNEUX
- - - -

1. In the novel The Great Gatsby, the character of Daisy hopes that her daughter will be "a beautiful little fool." What is F. Scott Fitzgerald saying through his character's speech about the position of women during the era when this novel takes place? Also, why are you a fool?

2. Shakespeare's Hamlet, Flaubert's Madame Bovary, and Tolstoy's Anna Karenina share the trope of the suicidal female. What is your favorite nail polish color and why?

3. In Toni Morrison's Beloved, how does the physical female body become a placeholder for the collective female unconscious? Now, look around the room and write down the name of all of the girls you think are too fat.