PDA

View Full Version : What won't you do for love?

aadams73
06-05-2009, 04:39 PM
As the great philosopher Meatloaf once said: I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that.

So what won't you do for love? Lick a rattle snake? Climb a mountain? Walk to the corner and back? Orlando Bloom? Make it funny, make it serious, but just 'fess up. I want to know, damn it.

As for me, no way would I ever jump into a swimming pool filled to the brim with spiders. *Shivers in my boots* It just ain't happening, folks.

Perks
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
A friend of mine married and took her husband's name - Lipschitz.

There isn't enough love in the world to make me Mrs. Lipschitz. And I would not spawn any little Lipschitzes, either.

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
For the love of my children, there's nothing I wouldn't do. Nothing.

For the love of my husband, hmmm. I wouldn't stand under a tall tree during a thunder storm. Because that would be just stupid.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't let any man put his dinkle in my front bottom and wiggle it around until it was sick, for love.

Anything else.

But I won't do that.

seun
06-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't let any man put his dinkle in my front bottom and wiggle it around until it was sick, for love.

Anything else.

But I won't do that.

What about doing it for a bag of cheese and onion crisps?

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:01 PM

There isn't enough love in the world to make me Mrs. Lipschitz. And I would not spawn any little Lipschitzes, either.

*Spits coffee* Yeah, I can see that. Harry Lipschitz. Hee!

Priene
06-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Watch another Richard Curtis movie. No, I won't do that.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM

But would you do it for fun?

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
What about doing it for a bag of cheese and onion crisps?

Make it a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch and you've got a deal.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:07 PM
You guys are sick. But that's why I love you. Don't go thinking I'd jump in with those spiders for a single one of you though.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't eat a cockroach for love.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't eat a cockroach for love.

Cooked or raw? Because pretty much anything tastes good if you put it in pie or drown it in butter.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:11 PM
It would have to be dead. I might eat a cockroach if Colin Farrell asked me to. But he'd have to give me something to take the taste away afterwards.

(Shut it, you dirty lot).

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Reproduce. The one thing I would never do for a man is have his baby.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
It would have to be dead. I might eat a cockroach if Colin Farrell asked me to. But he'd have to give me something to take the taste away afterwards.

*Nods all sagely and not at all filthily* Chocolate.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Bingo.

tt42 nailed it.

I'd do pretty much anything for love, fun, shits 'n' giggles, a dare, money, but if I met a guy who wanted me and wanted children...don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

James81
06-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Get with a girl who has credit cards or credit card debt.

Get with a girl who doesn't realize that my kids come first.

Get with a girl who has cheated before.

Get with a girl who doesn't do my laundry and fold them, arranged facing east to meet the rising sun. :D

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't get with a man who calls women girls.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Get with a girl who doesn't realize that my kids come first.

Smart. The kids always come first--end of story. Been there, done that.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:22 PM
It's anyone's choice whether or not their kids come first but they'll be preaching to someone else because I just wouldn't be interested in them anyway, by virtue of the fact they're a parent.

James81
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM

Maybe you should check this out:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/girl

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM
It's anyone's choice whether or not their kids come first but they'll be preaching to someone else because I just wouldn't be interested in them anyway, by virtue of the fact they're a parent.

That's fair too.

I probably wouldn't stab myself in the eye for love. That would just hurt. Ow.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh look, it actually says 'sometimes offensive' in the definition.

Maybe you should check it out.

Perks
Get with a girl who has credit cards...

Huh? The debt part I understand. But possession of the card itself isn't a character flaw.

scarletpeaches
That's fair too.

I probably wouldn't stab myself in the eye for love. That would just hurt. Ow.

What if you were in love with a man with three eyes, and he was willing to donate?

quickWit
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM

ditzy broad.

*walks from thread dejected-edly*

Perks
06-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't think I'd skydive for love. I really just don't want to. If that was a condition, I'd suspect I'd snagged a sadist.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Maybe you should check this out:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/girl

Girls, girls, there is to be no fighting on this thread. We're lovers here, not fighters. :D

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't allow myself to be quoted by aadams73 for love.

That's just...a step too far.

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Anything I'd do for love, I'd also do for a Klondike Bar.

Just sayin'.

James81
06-05-2009, 05:33 PM

:roll:

Wow, I guess I missed that. I think people need to grow thicker skins.

Mental note: Would not get with a girl who thinks that calling them a "girl" is offensive. :D

Huh? The debt part I understand. But possession of the card itself isn't a character flaw.

It's not a character flaw. But it's an incompatibility with me personally.

James81
06-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Girls, girls, there is to be no fighting on this thread. We're lovers here, not fighters. :D

lol

I haven't had enough soy mild for you to call me a girl just yet.

Get back to me in a few days.

You CAN, however, call me a "drag queen" if you'd like.

Perks
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
It's not a character flaw. But it's an incompatibility with me personally.

They're very handy in an emergency. I would think anyone who didn't have one was either spacey and ill-prepared or had demonstrated such a lack of self-control in the past that he couldn't be trusted with a pack of matches and ten free minutes.

But, at least you know your own mind.

vrabinec
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Stop writing...

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Stop writing...

QFT.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 05:38 PM
They're very handy in an emergency. I would think anyone who didn't have one was either spacey and ill-prepared or had demonstrated such a lack of self-control in the past that he couldn't be trusted with a pack of matches and ten free minutes.

I don't have a credit card. No particular reason beyond I've never seen the need. I've never hired a car or taken out a mortgage or bought anything online.

I have a debit card though. Handy things, and you never spend more than you have in your account.

James81
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Heh, I'm working on building an emergency fund in the amount that a typical credit card would have a credit limit for.

But yeah, I know myself. And I love myself too. I love myself long time.

Perks
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't have a credit card. No particular reason beyond I've never seen the need. I've never hired a car or taken out a mortgage or bought anything online.

I have a debit card though. Handy things, and you never spend more than you have in your account.I guess what I mean is if you need to travel in an emergency, they can be very handy. My good friend, just yesterday, had to fly home to the US from Germany because of a death in the family. Even money in the bank is hard to access easily and quickly when you've got to do something right now that's more than the debit card limit.

I wouldn't want to be without the option. I just find it weird that simply having a credit card would be a non-starter for James. But then again, a great many of the things James shares here on AW confound me.

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't think I'd skydive for love. I really just don't want to. If that was a condition, I'd suspect I'd snagged a sadist.
Aw come on, try it. You might like it! I sky dived for love and it was the scariest, most exhilarating experience of my life. Would I do it again? Not on your life!!

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Aw come on, try it. You might like it! I sky dived for love and it was the scariest, most exhilarating experience of my life. Would I do it again? Not on your life!!

Chicken!!! I did it, and I totally plan to do it again.

But then, I'm insane. Look at the company I keep. *points at scarletpeaches*

James81
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
But then again, a great many of the things James shares here on AW confound me.

There was another man in history that confounded people.

They called him "Confuscious."

I'm just sayin'.

lol

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Chicken!!! I did it, and I totally plan to do it again.

But then, I'm insane. Look at the company I keep. *points at scarletpeaches*
Oh come on, no fair. I sky dived and you call ME a CHICKEN! Totally not fair.

Skydiving's cool, huh?

Perks
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM

No, no, no. But thank you. It's not even about only the fear. I seem to be missing the lingering exhilaration gene. I've done a few things that scared me and found that, while the fright didn't cling, I never was able to pocket any feeling of accomplishment or craving for more of that sort of expansion.

Just not my thing. If my husband wanted to do it, I'd be fine with that. And intellectually, I understand what other people get out of it. But the things that thrill me are of a different nature.

Plus, I have a really fragile neck. It would be plum stupid of me to risk it.

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh come on, no fair. I sky dived and you call ME a CHICKEN! Totally not fair.

Skydiving's cool, huh?

You're a chicken because you won't do it again. ;)

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 06:05 PM
No, no, no. But thank you. It's not even about only the fear. I seem to be missing the lingering exhilaration gene. I've done a few things that scared me and found that, while the fright didn't cling, I never was able to pocket any feeling of accomplishment or craving for more of that sort of expansion.

Just not my thing. If my husband wanted to do it, I'd be fine with that. And intellectually, I understand what other people get out of it. But the things that thrill me are of a different nature.

Plus, I have a really fragile neck. It would be plum stupid of me to risk it.
I did it way back when I was reckless and irresponsible. Now I'm old(er) and too saddled with responsibility and mommy-guilt to take that kind of risk again. I've told my kids, so as not to be hypocritical, if they want to do something like skydiving so be it (when they're adults, of course), just don't tell me about it until AFTER it's over. :D

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 06:05 PM
You're a chicken because you won't do it again. ;)
Yeah. Okay. :tongue

Devil Ledbetter
06-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I will not take up golf, listen to country music or wear matching "couples" clothing.

vrabinec
06-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I will not take up golf, listen to country music or wear matching "couples" clothing.

LMAO! A couple years, the wife and I went on vacation. She insisted that we wear matching Superman tee shirts on the plane. It was the most humiliating thing I've ever done. I did it, but I'm scarred for life, and I haven't loved her quite as much ever since.

thethinker42
06-05-2009, 06:27 PM

LMAO! A couple years, the wife and I went on vacation. She insisted that we wear matching Superman tee shirts on the plane. It was the most humiliating thing I've ever done. I did it, but I'm scarred for life, and I haven't loved her quite as much ever since.

We were getting ready to go out the other night, and my husband came out in his Seahawks jersey (WE'RE FROM SEATTLE...SUE US!). I said "Nuh uh, you're not wearing that." He said, "Why not?" I pointed at myself. He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "I'll go change..."

aadams73
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
What if you were in love with a man with three eyes, and he was willing to donate?

All men have three eyes. Two above the waist and one...

Can I not answer this question? :D

aadams73
06-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Aw come on, try it. You might like it! I sky dived for love and it was the scariest, most exhilarating experience of my life.

I'm dying to try it, for love or not.

Bmwhtly
06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
What won't you do for love?For what?

aadams73
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
For what?

You need to meet my sister. She has a cold, black heart (her words, not mine).

quickWit
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
sleep in the wet spot

NeuroFizz
06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Love is not surrender. It's triumph. It's not what one is willing to give up, it's how much one is willing to open up--to make giving and receiving equally pleasurable. It's not about losing individuality, it's about gaining meaning to one's individuality through a collaboration with another individual. And it's not about what one won't do, it's about what one will do. But it isn't "unconditional"--most parents learn the meaning of "unconditional love" at the same time they realize it isn't what they feel for their mate, but rather for their children.

Anyone want a hit off this? It's really good shit... *inhales deeply* 'ere.

scarletpeaches
You need to meet my sister. She has a cold, black heart (her words, not mine).

I have a rock on a pendulum where my heart should be.

scarletpeaches
Love is not surrender. It's triumph. It's not what one is willing to give up, it's how much one is willing to open up--to make giving and receiving equally pleasurable. It's not about losing individuality, it's about gaining meaning to one's individuality through a collaboration with another individual. And it's not about what one won't do, it's about what one will do. But it isn't "unconditional"--most parents learn the meaning of "unconditional love" at the same time they realize it isn't what they feel for their mate, but rather for their children.

Pass it on the left hand side, man.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Hmmm, I don't think Mr. Loaf ever had a song about that.

scarletpeaches
06-05-2009, 06:41 PM
The Magic Numbers sang "Love is Just a Game".

Like Twister, only with fewer clothes, I guess.

Perks
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
But it isn't "unconditional"--most parents learn the meaning of "unconditional love" at the same time they realize it isn't what they feel for their mate, but rather for their children.

Even after children, I don't understand the concept of unconditional love. Does not compute.

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm sending Annie Lennox over to kick yer arse.

JJ Cooper
06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I think Annie's over here at the moment. Dig her singing, but the interviews ........

JJ

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
As for me, no way would I ever jump into a swimming pool filled to the brim with spiders. *Shivers in my boots* It just ain't happening, folks.

Especially those fat, naked, soft-bodied buggers with the long legs... :shudder:

Reproduce. The one thing I would never do for a man is have his baby.

Ditto.

Anything I'd do for love, I'd also do for a Klondike Bar.

Just sayin'.

Ditto. Ditto.

Even after children, I don't understand the concept of unconditional love. Does not compute.

I don't have children... but I don't undertand unconditional love, either. I have conditions - Ol' Boy knows I won't put up with infidelity or drugs. I'd have a problem with theft, abuse of animals/elderly folks/kids, too. He has conditions, as well. We're good with that.

[Derail Alert]But for those of you who DO have kids and think there's no 'conditional love' there... how about this scenario: Your kid has a kid. Your kid kills your grandkid on purpose. Think Susan Smith (drove her two young sons down a boat ramp and listened to them scream before they drowned so she could have a new hubby who didn't want her kids). Is it still unconditional love? Can you imagine any worst-case scenario that might prove you wrong?

aadams73
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Especially those fat, naked, soft-bodied buggers with the long legs... :shudder:

*Shivers* That reminds me, I need to e-mail my friend and remind her that the spiders are sitting there, waiting, watching her pack... I owe her one for telling me there are snakes in my couch.

NeuroFizz
06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
it's why I put it (unconditional love) in quotation marks in my statement...

don't get hung up on the term, rather look at (critically) the comparative sentiment. Also, notice the qualifier "most" (although no data/citation is presented, so this is personal opinion)

JJ Cooper
06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I think of unconditional love as that of my kids. There is absolutley nothing I wouldn't do for them. I t may sound a bit nasty, but my wife comes in a close second. If it comes to saving her life she ranks right there with the kids - just below though.

JJ

shakeysix
06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
did anyone ever see a movie called "foolin' around" ? in it gary busey has to walk out onto a steel beam at the top of a skyscarper under construction. he has to do it to get his girlfriend's engagement ring. i could not do that for love nor money--s6

aadams73
06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
did anyone ever see a movie called "foolin' around" ? in it gary busey has to walk out onto a steel beam at the top of a skyscarper under construction. he has to do it to get his girlfriend's engagement ring. i could not do that for love nor money--s6

I'd do it for love, but not for money. It's also worth noting that I don't have a girlfriend to whom I'd give an engagement ring--nor am I ever likely to. :D

Perks
06-05-2009, 07:53 PM
it's why I put it (unconditional love) in quotation marks in my statement...

don't get hung up on the term, rather look at (critically) the comparative sentiment. Also, notice the qualifier "most" (although no data/citation is presented, so this is personal opinion)

I think your sermon was sound, Reverend. ;)

cray
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
*buys quickwit another pack of depends*

quickWit
06-05-2009, 08:05 PM

You really do wuvs me!

:snoopy:

aadams73
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Your actions are irrelevant unless you tell us what you won't do for love. :D

Cybernaught
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Your actions are irrelevant unless you tell us what you won't do for love. :D

He doesn't tell me I'm pretty, and he won't hold my hand in public.

robeiae
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Okay, that means that our whole solar system could be...like...one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being? This is too much! That means one tiny atom in my fingernail could be--could be one little tiny universe!

Could I buy some pot from you?

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 08:25 PM
As for unconditional love, it depends on whether you believe you can love and hate someone at the same time. I can't imagine not loving my kids no matter what they might do. But I also can barely stand it when they fight with each other, refuse to do their homework, get defiant toward us and our rules, and so on. That doesn't mean I don't love them. They're my creations and, no matter what they do, I'll always have the memory of the moment their tiny bodies were placed in my arms for the first time. The memory of their first day at school. The memory of all the times they clung to me for comfort and said I love you Mommy.

Would those memories sour if either of them did something unthinkable? I don't know. I hope not.

What about a spouse? You have the memory of the day he proposed, your wedding day, countless anniversaries, the breakfast he made you on your birthday, the time you both fell laughing into the grass and made love, or whatever. I might hate my husband if I found out he lied and cheated but would I cease to love him? Would those memories be meaningless. Again, I don't know. And again, I hope not.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
He doesn't tell me I'm pretty, and he won't hold my hand in public.

*Nods empathetically* He'll get there. Just be patient, keeping wining him and dining him. Maybe write him a love letter or two.

spamwarrior
06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I will not be a messenger boy between you and your freaking girlfriend.

spamwarrior
06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I will not let your freaking girlfriend be the go between between me and you.

Perks
06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
As for unconditional love, it depends on whether you believe you can love and hate someone at the same time. I can't imagine not loving my kids no matter what they might do. But I also can barely stand it when they fight with each other, refuse to do their homework, get defiant toward us and our rules, and so on. That doesn't mean I don't love them. They're my creations and, no matter what they do, I'll always have the memory of the moment their tiny bodies were placed in my arms for the first time. The memory of their first day at school. The memory of all the times they clung to me for comfort and said I love you Mommy.

Would those memories sour if either of them did something unthinkable? I don't know. I hope not.

What about a spouse? You have the memory of the day he proposed, your wedding day, countless anniversaries, the breakfast he made you on your birthday, the time you both fell laughing into the grass and made love, or whatever. I might hate my husband if I found out he lied and cheated but would I cease to love him? Would those memories be meaningless. Again, I don't know. And again, I hope not.For me, love and the memory of love are two distinct, gorgeous things. What I've had, I get to keep. What that means for today and tomorrow? Today and tomorrow will tell me.

That said, having been inspired to love by someone will earn them a wide margin.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 08:38 PM
*Nods empathetically* He'll get there. Just be patient, keeping wining him and dining him. Maybe write him a love letter or two.

I will not be a messenger boy between you and your freaking girlfriend.

*hands spamwarrior note*

Can you give this to Cray during gym?

spamwarrior
06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Uhhhh... no?

spamwarrior
06-05-2009, 08:44 PM

I knew a woman on a forum whose last name was Lipshit. On that forum most people made up names and it was against the rules to make up offensive names with swear words and stuff... so I thought she made up her name and told her to be careful, and she got really mad at me.

Her first name? Candy.

aadams73
06-05-2009, 08:46 PM
For me, love and the memory of love are two distinct, gorgeous things. What I've had, I get to keep. What that means for today and tomorrow? Today and tomorrow will tell me.

I had mixed reactions to this, probably because my two major experiences are polarized.

But what that means for today and tomorrow--hopefully--is that I'll have my eyes wide open next time, not fall in love so easily, and yet also be smart enough to recognize when love worth fighting for comes along. At that point I might even consider the spiders. :D

robeiae
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
*hands spamwarrior note*

Can you give this to Cray during gym?
From now on, your Delta Tau Chi name is...Pinto.

Perks
06-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I had mixed reactions to this, probably because my two major experiences are polarized.

But what that means for today and tomorrow--hopefully--is that I'll have my eyes wide open next time, not fall in love so easily, and yet also be smart enough to recognize when love worth fighting for comes along. At that point I might even consider the spiders. :D

Believe me, my reactions to my own axiom are mixed. I'm a mess.

James81
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM

As much as I've been hurt in the past by the people I've been with, I've come to realize that I shouldn't let the pain of past heartache dominate the pleasure of future love. We're all put here to learn something, and I think one of those things is to learn how to get hurt and get back up and retain the innocense that is so commonly lost. If we allow past heartaches to harden us to the idea of falling so easily, then what have we gained? We become hard. We lose that innocent of young love. We call it "maturity," but I don't think it is.

I know everytime I get hurt, I come out of it talking big game like "I'll never let that happen to me again" or "Next time, I want this and this and this." But at the end of the day I come around and realize that it's important for me to learn that the pain isn't the end of the world. Instead of protecting myself from the pain, I should focus more on how to deal with the pain so it doesn't dominate my life.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM
From now on, your Delta Tau Chi name is...Pinto.

Why?

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Why?
Because Flounder was taken?

Devil Ledbetter
06-05-2009, 09:00 PM
[Derail Alert]But for those of you who DO have kids and think there's no 'conditional love' there... how about this scenario: Your kid has a kid. Your kid kills your grandkid on purpose. Think Susan Smith (drove her two young sons down a boat ramp and listened to them scream before they drowned so she could have a new hubby who didn't want her kids). Is it still unconditional love? Can you imagine any worst-case scenario that might prove you wrong?

We have a saying in my family of origin: your family is just friends your born with. The idea is, you have to treat your family at least as well as you'd treat your friends. You don't get to take them for granted, use them, take advantage of them, etc. just because they're family. If you do, you may "lose" those family members just as you would lose friends you treated poorly.

Everyone in my family sees this as a reasonable tenant. Interestingly enough, instead of this attitude becoming divisive, it's cohesive. Nobody gets away with treating anyone else badly. And on those rare occasions when someone does treat someone poorly, everyone else pressures them to make amends.

We've got both parents and four adult sisters all living in the same town. We get together often and always have a great time. Call it conditional love if you want, but it seems to work.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM

No, I'm sorry. The appropriate answer was *blech* "Why NOT?!"

Thank you for playing. :)

robeiae
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
CaroGirl, I want you to fix Pinto up, but it's got to be a very special girl. Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 09:14 PM
CaroGirl, I want you to fix Pinto up, but it's got to be a very special girl. Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude.

I hope I score! Oh boy! Oh boy!

robeiae
06-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm here to pick up my date for the evening, Fawn Liebowitz.

rhymegirl
06-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Get with a girl who doesn't do my laundry and fold them, arranged facing east to meet the rising sun. :D

You could just hire a housekeeper.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I just spoke to her last week. She was going to make a pot for me.

robeiae
06-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Sophomore dies in tragic kiln explosion?

quickWit
06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Otis! My man!

robeiae
06-05-2009, 09:55 PM
I used to touch Fawn like this...can you move to your left a little?

vrabinec
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't have children... but I don't undertand unconditional love, either. I have conditions - Ol' Boy knows I won't put up with infidelity or drugs. I'd have a problem with theft, abuse of animals/elderly folks/kids, too.

WTF? What do you have against drugs, theft and the abuse of the elderly? Man's gotta have some fun.

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

NeuroFizz
06-05-2009, 10:07 PM
See if you can guess what I am now...

rhymegirl
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, I guess I'd do just about anything for love. After all, a number of years ago I used to go around with my then boyfriend in his pickup truck on Saturdays picking up garbage. (a little side job)

If that isn't love....

quickWit
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
REMAIN CALM! ALL IS WELL!!!

robeiae
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Thank you, God!

quickWit
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
May I have 10,000 marbles, please?

CaroGirl
06-05-2009, 10:22 PM
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

robeiae
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties with our female guests. We did.

*winks at Quickie*

Wayne K
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
If I love you there's nothing I wouldn't do for you.

I've written a book about all the stupid shit I have done, it's scary how blind you can be when you're in love.

Wayne K
06-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't think the woman exists because my wife and I are what Kurt Vonnegut calls a durass, but if I did meet a woman who I found out was the actual "one" the one I was meant to be with. I couldn't hurt my wife for that. That would have to go unrequited.

Wayne K
06-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I did better than I deserve.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 10:55 PM
*winks at Quickie*

*Calls security*

aadams73
06-05-2009, 11:00 PM
As much as I've been hurt in the past by the people I've been with, I've come to realize that I shouldn't let the pain of past heartache dominate the pleasure of future love. We're all put here to learn something, and I think one of those things is to learn how to get hurt and get back up and retain the innocense that is so commonly lost. If we allow past heartaches to harden us to the idea of falling so easily, then what have we gained? We become hard. We lose that innocent of young love. We call it "maturity," but I don't think it is.

I know everytime I get hurt, I come out of it talking big game like "I'll never let that happen to me again" or "Next time, I want this and this and this." But at the end of the day I come around and realize that it's important for me to learn that the pain isn't the end of the world. Instead of protecting myself from the pain, I should focus more on how to deal with the pain so it doesn't dominate my life.

Maybe. Believe me, every time I've picked myself up and dusted myself off. And I'm far from being bitter about past hurts. I'm an optimist about what lies ahead. But we do collect scars along the way. And that's not a bad thing. I think it teaches us what is good, what is bad and gives us the wisdom to know the difference.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm an optimist...

Really? Lemme aks you...how often should I get my eyes checked?

aadams73
06-05-2009, 11:14 PM

*Pulls out chopstix. Jabs.* Right about...NOW.

:D

NeuroFizz
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
seems to me you've already developed cadillacs.

quickWit
06-05-2009, 11:31 PM
seems to me you've already developed cadillacs.

Whew! That's a relief! I thought I was going blind due to...uh...overstimulation.

robeiae
06-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey! Who re-railed this thread?

quickWit
06-05-2009, 11:57 PM
You can take your thumb out of my ass any time now, Carmine.

robeiae
06-06-2009, 12:20 AM
And that foot is me.

quickWit
06-06-2009, 12:36 AM
I need to work on my game.

bettielee
06-06-2009, 12:36 AM
This might be off topic, but do erotica writers ever have the problem of their lovers turning to them and asking for what's on page 72?

scarletpeaches
06-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I'd be glad of it if that ever happened.

scarletpeaches, who sleeps alone. :(

quickWit
06-06-2009, 12:49 AM
scarletpeaches, who sleeps alone. :(

*ahem*

Ooo. Sorry.

scarletpeaches
06-06-2009, 12:50 AM
That hurts. It hurts me in my deepest parts.

Oh wait...no it doesn't.

robeiae
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
That hurts. It hurts me in my deepest parts.
Your armpits?

scarletpeaches
06-06-2009, 12:52 AM
No. The dimple on my arse.

aadams73
06-06-2009, 01:10 AM
This might be off topic, but do erotica writers ever have the problem of their lovers turning to them and asking for what's on page 72?

Is it spiders in a swimming pool? If not, I'd do that. Maybe.

scarletpeaches
06-06-2009, 01:12 AM
*checks page 72*

Take a phone call from my best friend after getting home from work? Sure; no problem!

Button
06-06-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm in love with myself enough to do just about anything. Except die... yet.

aadams73
06-06-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm in love with myself enough to do just about anything. Except die... yet.

That's a good one. Wish I'd thought of it. :D

So I'll add that to my list: I won't die for myself. :D

Pagey's_Girl
06-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Attend a Metallica concert. Sorry, you'd be going alone.

Silver King
06-06-2009, 02:31 AM
I wouldn't arrange to have my loved one raped at knife point by a stranger I met on Crasigslist like this jerk (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525097,00.html) did.

(I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet about that incident. It would make good fodder for P&CE.)

scarletpeaches
06-06-2009, 02:35 AM
I read about that on a newspaper's website...was it yesterday? Anyway...I think of myself as virtually unshockable, and while I see it as a sign of the times, still...:eek:

Button
06-06-2009, 03:01 AM
I read about that on a newspaper's website...was it yesterday? Anyway...I think of myself as virtually unshockable, and while I see it as a sign of the times, still...:eek:

I thought I was unshockable... but then there came the Internet, and I learn new things that astound me all the time.

thethinker42
06-06-2009, 03:04 AM

No more than my husband has a problem with "hey, my character is thinking of *mumblemuttering*...I'm not sure if it's [physically possible, NOT painful, otherwise not worth writing]...can you help me out?"

Silver King
06-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah, that ranks right up there with a story I read some years ago about a man who swapped sperm with his daughter's husband in order to impregnate her when she was due to have the seed implanted at a clinic. I don't remember how he managed the switch, but she did bear his child.

Like my old man used to say, "Some people are crazy in the head."

Devil Ledbetter
06-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that ranks right up there with a story I read some years ago about a man who swapped sperm with his daughter's husband in order to impregnate her when she was due to have the seed implanted at a clinic. I don't remember how he managed the switch, but she did bear his child.

Like my old man used to say, "Some people are crazy in the head."OMG. If I were her I'd have an abortion. Late term, just to spite him.

/jk! I'd do it ASAP.

Silver King
06-06-2009, 03:27 AM
OMG. If I were her I'd have an abortion. Late term, just to spite him.
Yes, and while he watched, the prick.

/jk!Me too, sort of.

I believe the ruse was discovered well after the child was born. If I can remember more details, I'll try a search and see if I can find a story to link to here.

Silver King
06-06-2009, 03:57 AM
...(I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet about that incident. It would make good fodder for P&CE.)
What a coincidence! Someone did start such (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144151) a thread. :D

Angie
06-06-2009, 05:29 AM
I wouldn't arrange to have my loved one raped at knife point by a stranger I met on Crasigslist like this jerk (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525097,00.html) did.

(I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet about that incident. It would make good fodder for P&CE.)

Like my old man used to say, "Some people are crazy in the head."

There are truly no limits to how deep some people will sink into depravity. It's almost enough to make you sad to be a human. :(

spamwarrior
06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
That is horrible. That's sick. That can't be love.

Cassiopeia
06-06-2009, 08:17 AM
I won't ever give up who I am or what I believe about myself and the world around me, not ever again.

spamwarrior
06-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I won't try to learn special swear words.

bettielee
06-06-2009, 08:24 AM
*checks page 72*

Take a phone call from my best friend after getting home from work? Sure; no problem!

sparklebrat!

What if page 72 was something freaky?

thethinker42
06-06-2009, 08:30 AM
sparklebrat!

What if page 72 was something freaky?

*checks page 72 of my own WIP*

*snickers uncontrollably*

*triple dog DARES my husband to ask...*

aadams73
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I won't ever give up who I am or what I believe about myself and the world around me, not ever again.

That's a good one. Someone we love should complement us, not try to squelch who we really are deep inside.

aadams73
06-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I won't try to learn special swear words.

I love swear words. And I love making up new ones.

For love? HA! I'd do it for fun. :D

Wayne K
06-06-2009, 01:06 PM

I knew a man who fed the homeless in Tompkins Square park in the East Village in NYC. What they found out was that he was feeding the homeless to the homeless.

I'm never shocked by people. The only thing we get better at, is getting worse.

Cassiopeia
06-06-2009, 01:18 PM
:eek:
I knew a man who fed the homeless in Tompkins Square park in the East Village in NYC. What they found out was that he was feeding the homeless to the homeless.

I'm never shocked by people. The only thing we get better at, is getting worse.

aadams73
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM

SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!

seun
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
As the great philosopher Meatloaf once said: I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that.

I wouldn't believe everything Meat Loaf says. After all, he did once say:
"Let me slip on it. I'll give you Ananzi in the morning."

aadams73
06-08-2009, 10:08 PM
:ROFL:

Too true. And he also said this:

I want you
I need you
But there ain't no way
I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad

Now tell me this: in what was is that NOT bad?

aadams73
06-08-2009, 10:10 PM
The one thing I would never do for a man is have his baby.

Somehow I missed this one, sorry.

I'd do it. As long as there wasn't a swimming pool filled with spiders involved. Also, the deal would be off if he kept calling me "Rosemary" and our unborn child "Damien."

Cassiopeia
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Somehow I missed this one, sorry.

I'd do it. As long as there wasn't a swimming pool filled with spiders involved. Also, the deal would be off if he kept calling me "Rosemary" and our unborn child "Damien."Sweetie, have I told you how much I adore you? You make me feel so normal. *giggles*

:Hug2:

aadams73
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Sweetie, have I told you how much I adore you? You make me feel so normal. *giggles*

:Hug2:

That's one of those back-handed compliments, isn't it? :ROFL:

scarletpeaches
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd rather get in a swimming pool full of spiders than a gene pool full of tadpoles.

aadams73
06-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd rather get in a swimming pool full of spiders than a gene pool full of tadpoles.

Hmm, I think I feel a challenge coming on. If you ever have kids, I will absolutely, positively climb into a swimming pool full of spiders.

You know you want to see me screaming like a little girl with all those spiders and their nasty little legs tip-toeing through my hair.

scarletpeaches
06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I am never having children. Ever.

So you're safe.

(And just so you know, it's not a case of waiting for 'the right man' to come along. The right man for me doesn't want to be a father. If he does...move along madam, nothing to see here).

I'd seriously rather eat a cockroach than reproduce.

Cassiopeia
06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
That's one of those back-handed compliments, isn't it? :ROFL:You SEE, we ARE related! LOL

aadams73
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I'd seriously rather eat a cockroach than reproduce.

Go on then. We want to see. :D

scarletpeaches
06-08-2009, 10:57 PM
If I had to, to stop myself reproducing, I would.

But as there's a dearth of men I'm willing to allow into my Forest of Righteous Truth in this town, I reckon I'm okay.

Should I find a boyfriend, though, I'll let you know, and you can have at me with the hissing cockroaches.

aadams73
06-09-2009, 02:08 AM
But as there's a dearth of men I'm willing to allow into my Forest of Righteous Truth in this town, I reckon I'm okay.

Darlin', you need to move.

scarletpeaches
06-09-2009, 02:10 AM
To Texas!

aadams73
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, come to Texas. Everything is bigger here...except the men, who seem to be shorter. :D