PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a male beta reader/critique partner for YA novel

eraset14
06-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Since I'm a stay at home mom to a toddler, I clearly don't know much about being a teenage boy. That's why I'm looking for a male point of view on my new WIP that's written in first person about a seventeen-year-old guy. I really want this to sound authentic that's why I want a male view on my main character's thoughts and dialouge. Here's a brief idea of what the story is about so you can see if it interests you...

Chrisitian becomes an overnight success after landing the lead role in a major blockbuster movie. While the world thinks he's sexy and charming and the tabloids are reporting he's sleeping with all kinds of famous women, inside he's still the same nerdy, insecure, overweight kid from middle school who happens to still be a virgin. With a nickname like "Chris the Piss" you can see why Christian dosen't want his past to come out.

I just started so I'd like to have someone read each new chapter so I don't get through the whole thing and then find out my voice sounds nothing like a guy. I already work with a critique group (who happens to be all female) so I'm not looking for hard core editing or critiquing of the actual writing - just the whole girl writing as a guy aspect.

Thanks for checking out my post. :D

Red-Green
06-04-2009, 09:33 PM
But don't male betas fight? Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

eraset14
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Indeed they do...I'll be sure to keep them seperated. ;)