PDA

View Full Version : The drugs don't work...they just melt holes in mah brainz

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Okay, I know I've started plenty of migraine threads relating to treatment, symptoms and so on, but this is a more...comedic one.

I've just been talking to tt42 on MSN about another synopsis I've agreed to overhaul for her. (For Camera Shy since you ask). Anyway, she referred to the copy of her crappy attempt at a synopsis which she claimed to already have sent me; I searched my email server. Nothing.

So I said, "Sorry, I must have deleted it last night by accident. Let's blame it on the migraine fuzzies. I was off my tits on nurofen."

She said, "No, no, I sent it over MSN last night."

"What? We spoke on MSN last night?"

"Yeah, I sent you my rundown of CS."

"Are you shitting me? Wait...I'll go check my chat logs."

I did, and sure enough, tt42 had sent me a word document over MSN last night...while I was deep in the migraine haze, on drugs and so out of it I couldn't see straight.

But somehow I managed to get online and have a conversation with her, which I later forgot completely?

I'm worried. I hope it was an OD of migraine meds and not the migraine itself, although...considering the fact I lost the use of one arm and half my face melted...*shiver*

I'll deal with that later, when I see my G.P.

Anyway, the funny part of this story is the conversation I don't remember.

In it, tt42 was trying to talk about Jason Connor, the hero of CS, and me? Apparently I started going off on one about Craig David's beard. And how his chin looks bigger when it's cleanshaven, even though his beard looked drawn-on with a pencil.

Oh, and then I told her how much I admire Peter Andre.

Before threatening to rape Brandon Stewart - who doesn't exist, because he's one of tt42's characters.

And I also said, in reference to one of her characters who acts like a total bar steward towards the end of his novel (Bastian Koehler is made of win, though), "I'd [censored] the [censored] right out of him."

Plus, I made a sick joke about The Beatles.

Then I referred to Octo-Mom and said, "She looks like Angelina. I'd f*** her if she didn't have a chuff like a wizard's sleeve."

So there we have it kids. Don't have migraines. And...drugs are bad, mmmkay?

(Worrying as this is, the above sounds like the kind of thing I would say anyway...I just don't remember it).

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Well, none of it struck me as particularly odd...except the part about Craig David...that's when I knew you were truly wasted.

KTC
06-03-2009, 05:12 AM
You know, if I was there with you JudasPeaches I'd happily hit you over the head with a round mouth shovel. They seem to be an excellent cure for migraine ailments. Something about the round mouth, I believe. I'd whack you a good one and you would be cured. C'est la vie. You'll have to continue suffering. Just know...I would if I could.

Adam
06-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Sounds like our everyday conversations, sweetie. ;)

Are you sure you're not off your face NOW? :)

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
You know, if I was there with you JudasPeaches I'd happily hit you over the head with a round mouth shovel. They seem to be an excellent cure for migraine ailments. Something about the round mouth, I believe. I'd whack you a good one and you would be cured. C'est la vie. You'll have to continue suffering. Just know...I would if I could.

HEY. If anyone gets to hit ScarletPeaches with a garden implement, it's ME.

Back off, or I'll hit YOU with a round mouth shovel.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Sounds like our everyday conversations, sweetie. ;)

Are you sure you're not off your face NOW? :)

Usually I remember being weird.

I feel like last night was a wasted opportunity for...well, something.

KTC
06-03-2009, 05:17 AM
HEY. If anyone gets to hit ScarletPeaches with a garden implement, it's ME.

Back off, or I'll hit YOU with a round mouth shovel.

Two on the handle would give her a better whomp. Wanna share. I know physics...the combined power would SO help her more.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:17 AM

The funny thing is that I was pretty well cracked out for the last half hour or so of our conversation, having downed some Valerian root (herbal form of Valium, since you asked) before bed.

We really should have kept talking, just to see what would have happened with BOTH of us on drugs.

Adam
06-03-2009, 05:18 AM

Check your folders, there may be a drug induced bout of writing! :D

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Two on the handle would give her a better whomp. Wanna share. I know physics...the combined power would SO help her more.

No way, man. I'm not going to share the joy of smacking her with a garden tool. Find your own migrainous Scot to smack.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Just as well I don't have Adzmodeus's number. I may have sent him something fruity.

KTC
06-03-2009, 05:20 AM
No way, man. I'm not going to share the joy of smacking her with a garden tool. Find your own migrainous Scot to smack.

Well, fine then! I will not, however, give up my dream of smacking her with a red hot poker. That is NOT a garden implement.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:21 AM
*sigh*

So much hatred directed at your Judas.

Adam
06-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Just as well I don't have Adzmodeus's number. I may have sent him something fruity.

DAMN IT.

*cough*

I mean...

No, still DAMN IT.

KTC
06-03-2009, 05:23 AM
*sigh*

So much hatred directed at your Judas.

Hatred? Christ no. I only want to anoint you with it.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Anoint me with a garden shovel?

KTC
06-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Anoint me with a garden shovel?

No, no. I was going to hit you with the shovel. I'll anoint you with the red hot poker. Pay attention. Are you taking those drugs again?

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm confuzzled.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Well, fine then! I will not, however, give up my dream of smacking her with a red hot poker. That is NOT a garden implement.

I don't think you understand.

SP is *MY* beta reader. Only I get to beat on her, or stab her, or scald her, or whatever...with ANYTHING.

Back off, bro. She's MINE.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:31 AM
You do realise if parts of me start breaking off, I won't be able to beta anything and there will be no synopses?!

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:34 AM
You do realise if parts of me start breaking off, I won't be able to beta anything and there will be no synopses?!

That's why I'm not actually striking you with anything...just saying that if anybody has the right and/or privilege to do so, it's me.

So...get to synopsifying and beta'ing so that your presence remains necessary to my writingz.

Let yourself become obsolete, and...*gestures menacingly with shovel*

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Am I allowed to work on my own WIP now that I'm vaguely lucid?

Calla Lily
06-03-2009, 05:36 AM
All right, busting in on this party with some seriousness.

Hush, I'm a mom. It's permanent.

scarletpeaches, whatever you're on, it sounds like you're taking way too strong a dose! I'm on 5 mg of Zomig, and my dr. gives me 10 mg pills that I cut in half. Once I cut it unevenly, and I swear it was like navigating through peanut butter. AND I was driving a car on it! Nearly turned left on green into oncoming traffic!

Dear lady, talk to your dr. about the correct does before you become a statistic--or you invite John Barrowman to your flat for the weekend--and he comes, but with paparazzi!

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Am I allowed to work on my own WIP now that I'm vaguely lucid?

Yes. As a matter of fact, I order it, because I need my fix.

THEN work on my stuff.

Dear lady, talk to your dr. about the correct does before you become a statistic--or you invite John Barrowman to your flat for the weekend--and he comes, but with paparazzi!

That's what I told her. Get thee to the doctor, woman!

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:39 AM
It was an over-the-counter remedy and yes, I admit I probably OD'd because the pain was so bad I just didn't care. I wanted it to stop. In fact, one thing I do remember is the way the sunlight streaming through my curtains made me scream.

Sort of.

Because one side of my mouth was drooping a wee bit so it was more like wailing.

But a few months back I asked my G.P. about imigran, which I know works, and he said there's a danger some people could become addicted to it.

But as tt42 said, people get addicted to Vicodin and it's still prescribed.

Personally, I think it's all about cost to the NHS.

But I will have to see the doc again about this more-than-pins-and-needles thing with my arm, the dribbly mouth and memory loss. (Might have been down to OD of meds, but might have been the migraine itself).

PS: I wouldn't need to be wasted on nurofen to make advances to the Barrowman.

Calla Lily
06-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Argh. There are other choices than addictive stuff! Don't know what names they go by in Britain, but ask about Zomig, Maxalt, and Imitrex. They're all prescription, incredibly effective, and not addictive.

Please don't OD on OTC stuff again. Get the real stuff and treat your head right.

The Mom Gene. Fear it. :tongue

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Imitrex is, I think, imigran.

Like I said - it's the NHS. Nothing to do with dangerous-or-not. All down to cost, in my opinion.

And as for ODing on over the counter remedies? I can't guarantee I won't. The pain isn't just 'ouchy', it's - "Pain or death? Ooh, death sounds rather spiffy!"

However, I plan to see the doc and tell him what happened. And nag him 'til I get imigran.

One time I took it (after buying it myself, legally, I might add, but there's a lot of paperwork to go through first) and realised after an hour and a half I was able to get out of bed and function normally.

An hour and a half as opposed to 48 hours? No contest. Miracle drug.

Calla Lily
06-03-2009, 05:58 AM
scarletpeaches, I know that pain. I once woke up in the middle of the night and punched the side of my head for I don't know how long, because my muddled brain thought the punching would somehow make the PAIN stop. My punching woke up the DH, and it frightened him.

Then there was the wussy drug my dr. started me on. When I took 12 in a 24-hour period with zero effect, I knew I was in trouble. That might've been the day of the head-punching. It was a good thing, that night, that I don't own a gun.

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Please.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Aye. I will. Promise, promise, promise.

I just used the 'forgotten chat log' as an opportunity for comedy.

tt42 and KTC took it too far, though...

I was expecting light mockingz about the David's chinbeard. :(

Adam
06-03-2009, 06:00 AM

Craig David needs to grow a REAL beard.

And go live in a cave. With no recording equipment.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 06:02 AM

It was an opportunity for comedy. Why talk about David's chinbeard when we can talk about smacking a migraine out of you with a shovel?

S'pose smacking a migraine out of you is better than devising ways to get your accent out of you...

scarletpeaches
If the drugs turned me Australian you wouldn't be complaining.

thethinker42
Craig David needs to grow a REAL beard.

And go live in a cave. With no recording equipment.

Seconded.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 06:03 AM
If the drugs turned me Australian you wouldn't be complaining.

If they turned you American, YOU'D be complaining.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 06:04 AM
If they cured my migraines I wouldn't give a stuff.

Calla Lily
06-03-2009, 06:13 AM
My (only pretend) migraine pill joke: If they made a horn grow out of my forehead, I might consider stoping them. But there's always the saw in the garage.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:14 AM
I don't think you understand.

SP is *MY* beta reader. Only I get to beat on her, or stab her, or scald her, or whatever...with ANYTHING.

Back off, bro. She's MINE.

Well, yeah. But she IS my Judas.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 06:19 AM
I'd betray you on eBay for thirty migraine tablets.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
My (only pretend) migraine pill joke: If they made a horn grow out of my forehead, I might consider stoping them. But there's always the saw in the garage.

If growing a horn is the side effect of having a migraine cured, then call me a unicorn, because migraines are THE DEVIL.

Well, yeah. But she IS my Judas.

Don't care. I call dibs on any acts of violence against her.

Deal with it.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 06:22 AM
I'd betray you on eBay for thirty migraine tablets.

I would fight to the death for your last migraine pill.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:23 AM
I
Don't care. I call dibs on any acts of violence against her.

Deal with it.

I'm beginning to not like your attitude, Missy. Beat the crap out of her. Be my guest. I'm just gonna hang here on my cross and wait for death to come.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:23 AM
I would fight to the death for your last migraine pill.

Oh, really. How fortunate. Because I would kill you for it. Hmph.

scarletpeaches
06-03-2009, 06:24 AM
You wouldn't need it.

But you'd still kill her.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:25 AM
You wouldn't need it.

Just to see her die.

thethinker42
06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm beginning to not like your attitude, Missy. Beat the crap out of her. Be my guest. I'm just gonna hang here on my cross and wait for death to come.

I got yer attitude right here, buddy...

Oh, really. How fortunate. Because I would kill you for it. Hmph.

Well, at least then I wouldn't have a migraine anymore.

You wouldn't need it.

Just to see her die.

Bring it on, little boy.