The drugs don't work...they just melt holes in mah brainz

Reaction score
Okay, I know I've started plenty of migraine threads relating to treatment, symptoms and so on, but this is a more...comedic one.

I've just been talking to tt42 on MSN about another synopsis I've agreed to overhaul for her. (For Camera Shy since you ask). Anyway, she referred to the copy of her crappy attempt at a synopsis which she claimed to already have sent me; I searched my email server. Nothing.

So I said, "Sorry, I must have deleted it last night by accident. Let's blame it on the migraine fuzzies. I was off my tits on nurofen."

She said, "No, no, I sent it over MSN last night."

"What? We spoke on MSN last night?"

"Yeah, I sent you my rundown of CS."

"Are you shitting me? Wait...I'll go check my chat logs."

I did, and sure enough, tt42 had sent me a word document over MSN last night...while I was deep in the migraine haze, on drugs and so out of it I couldn't see straight.

But somehow I managed to get online and have a conversation with her, which I later forgot completely?

I'm worried. I hope it was an OD of migraine meds and not the migraine itself, although...considering the fact I lost the use of one arm and half my face melted...*shiver*

I'll deal with that later, when I see my G.P.

Anyway, the funny part of this story is the conversation I don't remember.

In it, tt42 was trying to talk about Jason Connor, the hero of CS, and me? Apparently I started going off on one about Craig David's beard. And how his chin looks bigger when it's cleanshaven, even though his beard looked drawn-on with a pencil.

Oh, and then I told her how much I admire Peter Andre.

Before threatening to rape Brandon Stewart - who doesn't exist, because he's one of tt42's characters.

And I also said, in reference to one of her characters who acts like a total bar steward towards the end of his novel (Bastian Koehler is made of win, though), "I'd [censored] the [censored] right out of him."

Plus, I made a sick joke about The Beatles.

Then I referred to Octo-Mom and said, "She looks like Angelina. I'd f*** her if she didn't have a chuff like a wizard's sleeve."

So there we have it kids. Don't have migraines. And...drugs are bad, mmmkay?

(Worrying as this is, the above sounds like the kind of thing I would say anyway...I just don't remember it).

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Well, none of it struck me as particularly odd...except the part about Craig David...that's when I knew you were truly wasted.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You know, if I was there with you JudasPeaches I'd happily hit you over the head with a round mouth shovel. They seem to be an excellent cure for migraine ailments. Something about the round mouth, I believe. I'd whack you a good one and you would be cured. C'est la vie. You'll have to continue suffering. Just know...I would if I could.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like our everyday conversations, sweetie. ;)

Are you sure you're not off your face NOW? :)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You know, if I was there with you JudasPeaches I'd happily hit you over the head with a round mouth shovel. They seem to be an excellent cure for migraine ailments. Something about the round mouth, I believe. I'd whack you a good one and you would be cured. C'est la vie. You'll have to continue suffering. Just know...I would if I could.

HEY. If anyone gets to hit ScarletPeaches with a garden implement, it's ME.

Back off, or I'll hit YOU with a round mouth shovel.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
HEY. If anyone gets to hit ScarletPeaches with a garden implement, it's ME.

Back off, or I'll hit YOU with a round mouth shovel.

Two on the handle would give her a better whomp. Wanna share. I know physics...the combined power would SO help her more.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Usually I remember being weird.

I feel like last night was a wasted opportunity for...well, something.

The funny thing is that I was pretty well cracked out for the last half hour or so of our conversation, having downed some Valerian root (herbal form of Valium, since you asked) before bed.

We really should have kept talking, just to see what would have happened with BOTH of us on drugs.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Usually I remember being weird.

I feel like last night was a wasted opportunity for...well, something.

Check your folders, there may be a drug induced bout of writing! :D

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Two on the handle would give her a better whomp. Wanna share. I know physics...the combined power would SO help her more.

No way, man. I'm not going to share the joy of smacking her with a garden tool. Find your own migrainous Scot to smack.

Reaction score
Just as well I don't have Adzmodeus's number. I may have sent him something fruity.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
No way, man. I'm not going to share the joy of smacking her with a garden tool. Find your own migrainous Scot to smack.

Well, fine then! I will not, however, give up my dream of smacking her with a red hot poker. That is NOT a garden implement.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Anoint me with a garden shovel?

No, no. I was going to hit you with the shovel. I'll anoint you with the red hot poker. Pay attention. Are you taking those drugs again?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Well, fine then! I will not, however, give up my dream of smacking her with a red hot poker. That is NOT a garden implement.

I don't think you understand.

SP is *MY* beta reader. Only I get to beat on her, or stab her, or scald her, or whatever...with ANYTHING.

Back off, bro. She's MINE.

Reaction score
You do realise if parts of me start breaking off, I won't be able to beta anything and there will be no synopses?!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You do realise if parts of me start breaking off, I won't be able to beta anything and there will be no synopses?!

That's why I'm not actually striking you with anything...just saying that if anybody has the right and/or privilege to do so, it's me.

So...get to synopsifying and beta'ing so that your presence remains necessary to my writingz.

Let yourself become obsolete, and...*gestures menacingly with shovel*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
All right, busting in on this party with some seriousness.

Hush, I'm a mom. It's permanent.

scarletpeaches, whatever you're on, it sounds like you're taking way too strong a dose! I'm on 5 mg of Zomig, and my dr. gives me 10 mg pills that I cut in half. Once I cut it unevenly, and I swear it was like navigating through peanut butter. AND I was driving a car on it! Nearly turned left on green into oncoming traffic!

Dear lady, talk to your dr. about the correct does before you become a statistic--or you invite John Barrowman to your flat for the weekend--and he comes, but with paparazzi!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Am I allowed to work on my own WIP now that I'm vaguely lucid?

Yes. As a matter of fact, I order it, because I need my fix.

THEN work on my stuff.

Dear lady, talk to your dr. about the correct does before you become a statistic--or you invite John Barrowman to your flat for the weekend--and he comes, but with paparazzi!

That's what I told her. Get thee to the doctor, woman!

Reaction score
It was an over-the-counter remedy and yes, I admit I probably OD'd because the pain was so bad I just didn't care. I wanted it to stop. In fact, one thing I do remember is the way the sunlight streaming through my curtains made me scream.

Sort of.

Because one side of my mouth was drooping a wee bit so it was more like wailing.

But a few months back I asked my G.P. about imigran, which I know works, and he said there's a danger some people could become addicted to it.

But as tt42 said, people get addicted to Vicodin and it's still prescribed.

Personally, I think it's all about cost to the NHS.

But I will have to see the doc again about this more-than-pins-and-needles thing with my arm, the dribbly mouth and memory loss. (Might have been down to OD of meds, but might have been the migraine itself).

PS: I wouldn't need to be wasted on nurofen to make advances to the Barrowman.