Status
Not open for further replies.

scullars

Writer/Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
After a month and a half, finally got an email on my submission "A Bowl of Soup:"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sharon,
Although we won't be publishing this particular piece, we do thank you for sending "A Bowl of Soup". It was a good read. We're not able to give specific feedback, but please take a look at Editors' Input for some ideas. Again, we appreciate the opportunity to read your work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else received a rejection from GlimmerTrain? Just want to know if the "good read" is a standard write-off.

Thanks.

rich

I'm afraid it is, scullars, but that doesn't make your piece bad. Those two sisters really like their work and the writers who submit. I see them as indulgent aunts even though I'm older than they are. I've submitted five pieces there and received 5 rejections.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Ditto what Rich said. They didn't accept it, which doesn't mean the piece is bad. It's a little bit like, CBS News flubbed the story about GW Bush's questionable National Guard service record based on phony documentation, which doesn't prove that he actually did perform that questioned military service.

bird

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
okay

blacbird said:
Ditto what Rich said. They didn't accept it, which doesn't mean the piece is bad. It's a little bit like, CBS News flubbed the story about GW Bush's questionable National Guard service record based on phony documentation, which doesn't prove that he actually did perform that questioned military service.

bird

That is one odd analogy.

rich

Blacbird, you looking for a campaign speech job? That was silly, and as shallow as a sidewalk puddle after a three-hour sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.