PDA

View Full Version : The Water Proof Note Pad

brainstorm77
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
*sigh* I wish! Seriously I get my best ideas when in the shower. Does this happen for anyone else? :D

Sage
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
*sigh* I wish! Seriously I get my best ideas when in the shower. Does this happen for anyone else? :D
They make waterproof paper. I'll find you a link.

You'll have to use pencil and it's hard to erase on it, though.

ChristineR
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
A quick Google turns up quite a few, actually. :) But no, I've never had a great idea in the shower! I'm too busy finding the soap, I guess.

Sage
06-02-2009, 09:07 PM
This is what we use in the field (working in a boat on a pond).

http://www.riteintherain.com/

brainstorm77
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
This is what we use in the field (working in a boat on a pond).

http://www.riteintherain.com/

The Lonely One
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I tried to use a voice recorder but kept getting electrocuted.

Not really.

One time, though, I thought of the opening line that compelled me to rewrite an old story with fervor. I kept repeating it aloud and in my head so I didn't forget it (too oft do those great lines disappear when the pen hits the paper).

WendyNYC
06-02-2009, 09:11 PM
This happens to be constantly. I've been stuck on something before and I took a shower even when I didn't need one. It worked. I just keep a pad of paper in the medicine cabinet.

brainstorm77
06-02-2009, 09:22 PM
This happens to be constantly. I've been stuck on something before and I took a shower even when I didn't need one. It worked. I just keep a pad of paper in the medicine cabinet.

Bingo! I find it helps unblocks me.

C.M. Daniels
06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
I've used the rite in the rain paper out on archaeology sites where the water came down in buckets and it works great. It's hard to erase on and smudges a bit, but doesn't soak through and dries up well.

You can get it in all kinds of different ways, from memo pads to computer paper.

Dragonfly352006
06-05-2009, 07:50 AM

The shower, in the van headig to work, as I'm slipping of into dream land. It is always happening and I never seem to have a notepad handy.

Madison
06-05-2009, 09:05 AM
DUDE! This happens to me all the time! And I repeat everything over and over, organizing ideas with acronyms or numbers so that once I get out I can write them all down. I'm thinking maybe a pen that writes on tile - and then washes off with some extra scrubbing?

I need one, stat, because I'm about to jump in :)

P.H.Delarran
06-05-2009, 09:19 AM
.....I get my best ideas when in the shower. Does this happen for anyone else? :D
all the time.

Cyia
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Bathtub crayons :D

deserata
06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Bathtub crayons :D
Brilliant idea!

They're not just for toddlers anymore... ;)

alleycat
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Check with a company that sells land surveying supplies. It's been years since I did any surveying, but they used to make all sorts of waterproof notebooks for field use. Now, of course, most surveying is done using digital equipment.

DMarie84
06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
It happens to me as well! I need to find some as well.

I always end up losing the idea too by the time I run to find a notepad.

Cyia, I thought about the bathtub crayons too :tongue But I figured that the whole wall may be covered in scribble by the time I write everything out!

LaceWing
06-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Ha! I'll bet that as soon as you have writing materials in the shower, the shower trick won't work anymore.

The Lonely One
06-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I think LaceWing has something there. It seems as if the shower is uninhibiting and the water is invigorating or rejuvenating. Maybe the old pressure of having to put words on the page ruins the effect for some?

scarletpeaches
06-09-2009, 12:56 AM
I get my best ideas in bed.

Absolutely nothing to do with my genre. Promise.

It's more like in the half-awake dreamstate, my internal editor just...dies. Or something. My thoughts are more free-flowing and I'm more able to picture upcoming scenes.