Status
Not open for further replies.

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
I've been looking for an online/distance learning creative writing course, preferably one that will give me a postgraduate qualification (an MFA, maybe).

I have a primary degree (BA hons) and MA in Mathematics.

The only course I could find in Ireland is an M. Phil in my old university, Trinity College, Dublin. Enrollment is in March each year.

Does anyone know if there any (good) online courses available from US universities?

PS: Mods, if this topic has been covered in another thread, please advise. Thanks.

ideagirl

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking for an online/distance learning creative writing course, preferably one that will give me a postgraduate qualification (an MFA, maybe).

If you want an MFA, google "low-residency MFA" or "online MFA." Also search here: http://guide.awpwriter.org/
The results at that site are not limited to the US. Be aware, of course, that degrees based in the US will be more expensive than those offered anywhere else.

I believe Oxford University has a postgraduate creative writing program that does not require you to live there. If I'm not mistaken it only requires a few extended visits. Details:
http://awardbearing.conted.ox.ac.uk/creative_writing/mstcw.php

Last edited:

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Lancaster University was offering an MA in Creative Writing that was done through on-line tutorials with a couple of residential tuition weeks. You might want to check out their website to see if it's still available.

MM

ccv707

He who asks, "Why?"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Good thing you want an online class. I took a Creative Writing a few years ago and I ended up with a bunch of people who walked around with their chins up and talked like they were the next Hemingway...I swear I can't stand these kind of people. Maybe my anger is targeted more at one person than the entire class...the first day of class he made a point to "clarify" the difference between "science fiction and science fantasy" for the teacher, and in effect the rest of the class, because he is just SOOOO well read and knowledgeable of the craft.

Ugh, anyway, good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.