The Credit Crunch in Mordor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, its the best mod ever for Medieval Total War Kingdoms: Middle Earth, the Third Age. A massive work of appropriation by fans of the whole movie trilogy and all the books, plus you get to run a Kingdom or Protectorate or Wizardocracy like Isengard or Gondor.
Naturally I started by running Harrad and its associated City-States of Umbar and Ventiliates (sp?).
So there I was working for the Dark Lord, and when you work for a guy like that, you build lots of assassins, because sooner or later the Big Guy is going to send his Inquisitorial minions after you and you will just have to have 10-20 assassins ready for each Inquisitor so that as soon as they wander out of Mordor -- BOOM! No more Inquisitor.
Never-the-less, in my first encounter with Sauronic Wierdness, he was kind of chummy and gave me 50 bucks just for being in the Alliance to destroy Gondor.
Which made me wonder: where does an unsleeping eye keep his chumpchange? and, why is Mordor so low on cash? Even the city council of Ras Krundar has 2500 buck rewards for capturing fishing villages.
Anyway, a great mod, maybe the greatest:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253976

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, its the best mod ever for Medieval Total War Kingdoms: Middle Earth, the Third Age. A massive work of appropriation by fans of the whole movie trilogy and all the books, plus you get to run a Kingdom or Protectorate or Wizardocracy like Isengard or Gondor.
Naturally I started by running Harrad and its associated City-States of Umbar and Ventiliates (sp?).
So there I was working for the Dark Lord, and when you work for a guy like that, you build lots of assassins, because sooner or later the Big Guy is going to send his Inquisitorial minions after you and you will just have to have 10-20 assassins ready for each Inquisitor so that as soon as they wander out of Mordor -- BOOM! No more Inquisitor.
Never-the-less, in my first encounter with Sauronic Wierdness, he was kind of chummy and gave me 50 bucks just for being in the Alliance to destroy Gondor.
Which made me wonder: where does an unsleeping eye keep his chumpchange? and, why is Mordor so low on cash? Even the city council of Ras Krundar has 2500 buck rewards for capturing fishing villages.
Anyway, a great mod, maybe the greatest:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253976

So anyway...here are some tips for playing Harad.

1) Harad has lots of advantages: no neighbors on 2 sides (sea and southern edge of known world -- subharan africa I guess) and two virtual non-neighbors Rhun and Mordor (there is no way in or out of mordor from the south)...this leaves one neighbor and even they are not too close and rather non-nautical: Gondor.
2) Gondor is a tough enemy though and its obvious that Harad has to switch sides as soon as they knock out Gondor, which means your enemies are Gondor and then Mordor and then Isengard and so on which means that even when you are at war with Gondor, you have to maintain good relations with Rohan.
3) But Harad has other advantages: corsair ships, good archers, good cavalry, good spearmen and eventually you get to start assassinating the Nazgul (got one) and the Servants of Sauron (got two of those) and then you get to attempt to storm Mordor using your own personal brand of Melkorian Fascism and/or just the cult of your very Oriental Empire.
4) and spearmen can kill trolls...everybody else should just run away.
5) Ballista might work on Trolls, but Trolls tend to wipe out the crews so they might as well run away too.
6) so warm up the assassins and get to work

Blow Boromir, Blow:

kkk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.