PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Delete An Account And All Posts?

UndeadDM
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't want to participate in this forum or have my work made available here, as there are simply too many half-witted jackasses here and it's turning me off my own writing. I don't need to be involved with people whose reaction to their own inability to write is to make mindless harsh criticism of people who are making an effort.

Is it possible to do a global delete, account and all posts?

Williebee
05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
That's a pretty good flounce.

Sorry you met with such discomfort. AW, like the writing world in general, includes useful folks, and not so useful ones.

PM a Mod with your request. Or go to your User Cp and do a search for all posts by you. With only a few days worth of them, it won't take you long for you to blank out your posts. (Edit, replace the entry with a couple spaces.)

Good Luck with your writing.

UndeadDM
05-31-2009, 10:45 PM
How do I find a mod?

brainstorm77
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
How are they turning you off to your own writing?

Cranky
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showgroups.php) ya go.

wannawrite
05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Go to newbie thread
Click on Mac's name
Send personal message
Done

brainstorm77
You should be banned after what I read in your previous posts. So don't worry about deleting an account I have a feeling its going to be taken away... Mods if you're around take a look.

Williebee
Cranky showed you the way, but....

UDM, take a minute or two. Answer the brainy lady's question.

There could be more here for you than meets the month's eye.

UndeadDM
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
How are they turning you off to your own writing?

Because I tend to give credit to other people's opinion, more so than I probably ought to, and when a bunch of idiots start attacking my writing as sloppy crap, rather than do then sensible thing and ignore them I start having doubts.

And then I start deleting months of hard work. All because some jackasses who get off on sniping people on the internet from relative anonymity decided I wasn't appreciative enough of their egos.

And I have put far too much effort into my WIP to let a fuckwit like Bufty or aadams73 or any of those other hack pieces of shit get to me like that. The most obvious remedy is to leave this forum to the wankers.

Here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showgroups.php) ya go.

Thank you.

brainstorm77
05-31-2009, 10:54 PM
And is anyone forcing you to take the advice given on your writing?

This really makes me laugh. You choose to post in the SYW forum and then claim people are making nasty comments. If you ever get published are you going to go off at reviewers who may not like your work?

Williebee
05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Opinions vary. And there are more of them than there are readers on the planet. It's pretty sure a guarantee that we aren't going to like all of them, or even most of them.

But there's usually something to be learned from even the ones we don't like.

That's what makes AW a good place to thicken your skin and sharpen your critical eye.

BlueLucario
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow. Are you serious UndeadDM?

You need to learn how to take criticism. And you were very rude to the other members.

And he was talking about my previous thread. Which a mod locked ten minutes ago.

UndeadDM
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
And is anyone forcing you to take the advice given on your writing?

No, but that's not the point. They're attacking my baby while it's still a WIP, and they're doing it for utterly disingenuous reasons. They're not giving advice, they're just pissing on something important to me to do it, because they get off on being mean-spirited little shits.

I don't need to be around that kind of hostility. It only makes me hostile.

I don't want to hear it. Having some fuckhole tell me that my writing is utter shit because he gets his jollies off on being a fucking prick does not help me improve my writing, it just leaves me with the strong desire to beat the fucking cretin's face it with a hammer.

I don't like that. I haven't seen this board offer anything other than that. So fuck this board.

blueobsidian
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
So why don't you just stop posting? This flounce is getting boring.

brainstorm77
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
No, but that's not the point. They're attacking my baby while it's still a WIP, and they're doing it for utterly disingenuous reasons. They're not giving advice, they're just pissing on something important to me to do it, because they get off on being mean-spirited little shits.

I don't need to be around that kind of hostility. It only makes me hostile.

I don't want to hear it. Having some fuckhole tell me that my writing is utter shit because he gets his jollies off on being a fucking prick does not help me improve my writing, it just leaves me with the strong desire to beat the fucking cretin's face it with a hammer.

I don't like that. I haven't seen this board offer anything other than that. So fuck this board.

Seek anger management... If you act like this on a board I shudder to think how you are in real life... You don't threaten people in PM and I hope you realize that it can be taken just as seriously as a real life threat.

BlueLucario
05-31-2009, 11:03 PM
So why don't you just stop posting? This flounce is getting boring.
Looks like he did. Look at his avatar.

:D

EDIT: MODs FTW

wannawrite
05-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Okay. We get it. You hate everyone here and we're all wankers. But, you now know how to exit the room, and nobody here is stopping you. Soo...quit posting.

Bye-bye. See you. Take care. Blah, blah, blah.

brainstorm77
05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
He'll be back. Some people are scary!

blueobsidian
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Looks like he did. Look at his avatar.

Nice. On a tragic note, this may be the most excitement I get all day :)

BlueLucario
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Nice. On a tragic note, this may be the most excitement I get all day :)
Same.

I can't tolerate rude comments on my thread.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
And now he's gone, so let's move along and find other fun, eh? :) kthnxbai!

BlueLucario
05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
He'll be back. Some people are scary!
If he comes back.

Macky will take care of that, just like the last sockpuppet she dealt with.

wannawrite
05-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Eh. So. Now that that's over....
What's everybody having for supper? Me, steak. Yum-yum.

Have a great day, guys.

Williebee
05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
What's everybody having for supper?

I'm thinking bourbon glazed salmon, new potatoes. Maybe some grilled asparagus.

eqb
05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm eating my first draft for dinner. Gah. *kicks stupid draft*

blueobsidian
05-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Eh. So. Now that that's over....
What's everybody having for supper? Me, steak. Yum-yum.

Steak sounds good, although I think that I'm probably having tilapia tonight.

Parametric
05-31-2009, 11:17 PM
I've been fine-tuning my tuna salad with wholemeal pitta bread, which helps me feel less guilty about the rock buns I made today. I am weak for baked goodness.

Birol
05-31-2009, 11:19 PM
The OP is banned. He may, as all banned members may, appeal to Mac. In the meantime, closing this thread so we may all carry on.