Kanye West Doesn't Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVGuru

Plays too many video games
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE54P5L820090526?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed," West said. "I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph.

"I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life," he said.

West, a college dropout, said being a non-reader was helpful when he wrote his book because it gave him "a childlike purity."

I don't know about you guys, but I love getting autographs from books.

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
So, to sum up- he won't read books and is actively slagging off reading but expects other people to read his? Nice double standard there...

And a big:ROFL:at that "I wouldn't want a book's autograph" too. I wouldn't want a book's autograph either. Damn books thinking they're better than everyone...

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
What a great example to set his fans! I don't understand people who don't read, I always think it means they have absolutely no interest in anything other than themselves. Is it possible to get to college without reading books? I sincerely hope it isn't, but I worked for Student Loans here in the UK and know a few of them aren't the brightest... :)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
i'm sooooo shocked!

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug:The South Park parody of him was spot on.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow...I like Kanye's music, but I don't think I'll be supporting his views anytime soon. In all honesty, I haven't read much about him. From what I do know, I certainly don't have a high opinion of his personality.

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
Funny to see this posted as it drives me crazy how he misuses the word "telekenisis" in one of his songs....as in

I should have seen it coming, wish I had telekenisis

Sure it's a nifty little rhyme for "Jesus" but it doesn't make the word any more applicable. For what it's worth, there is nothing remotely child-like or pure about his song lyrics. I can only imagine what his book must be like.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
What a great example to set his fans! I don't understand people who don't read, I always think it means they have absolutely no interest in anything other than themselves. Is it possible to get to college without reading books? I sincerely hope it isn't, but I worked for Student Loans here in the UK and know a few of them aren't the brightest... :)

(bolding mine)
That pretty much sums up every quote by this man I've ever seen. I'm fairly certain the guy doesn't live on the same planet as the rest of us.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
West, a college dropout, said being a non-reader was helpful when he wrote his book because it gave him "a childlike purity."

This is going to, like, make me rush right out, like, and, like, buy his, like, book, like tomorrow, know what I mean?

caw

colealpaugh

"Bear trumps Elephants!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colealpaugh.com
I have his sneaker's autograph. The left one, I think.
nike-dunk-high-custom-kanye-west-graduation-main.jpg

HelloKiddo

bemused observer
Registered
Reaction score
His book is 52 pages -- some blank, others with just a few words

Sounds like a book a person who doesn't like books might write/buy. It doesn't be all wordy like some other books.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
My goodness. He's an idiot and a fool. Ignorance is one thing--people can be taught. Stupidity is irreparable.

Like some comedian said, "You can't fix stupid."

Status
Not open for further replies.