Warcrack victims only please... (mild language alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
HALP!

My friend gave me the scroll of resurrection. I've activated 10 free days. My friend and my daughter and I made three Druids (get it? Tank, Healer, DPS - we got it covered! :))

I'm so frustrated with my fiction. My characters are being bitches. I sprained my ankle and I'm in pain. I'm resorting to escapism damnit. But what if I renew at the end of 10 days? I'll be doomed!

wut do i do??!?!?!!11

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
HALP!

My friend gave me the scroll of resurrection. I've activated 10 free days. My friend and my daughter and I made three Druids (get it? Tank, Healer, DPS - we got it covered! :))

I'm so frustrated with my fiction. My characters are being bitches. I sprained my ankle and I'm in pain. I'm resorting to escapism damnit. But what if I renew at the end of 10 days? I'll be doomed!

wut do i do??!?!?!!11

Every day my addiction keeps calling me back to my 75 DK and my 73 "Droo" but I put them on "ignore" and got myself addicted here instead. :D(See, I'm just trading addictions, but maybe I'm trading "up"???) Anyway, I promised myself a respite, when my book actually gets accepted.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what Warcrack is, but I do play some MMORPG's.

What I do is set aside a time for each. During the day I get some writing done, all my cleaning, and so forth. After supper when my husband is playing, I get some gaming time in, and 30 minutes before bedtime, I get back off and write some more.

It's all about finding balance and proper discipline. You can also make a pact with yourself that you have to do X amount of pages or word count before you can log in. Whatever works for you, but be sure you stick to it.

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. :) Yes, I am going to have to organize my time and make myself get chores done first. I realized also that I do not have enough social interaction. I never get out. "Warcrack" (World of Warcraft) is socializing for me. So maybe a little is good for me. Moderation in all things. We'll see... still don't want to renew and give Blizz money.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Yeah, cold turkey worked for me. Even though I used it as a way to virtually hang out with geographically distant friends, I found other (free and less time consuming) ways to interact with them.

As soon as you really understand why the game keeps you hooked, it's easy to avoid the lures. Gear treadmill, man.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Hi, my name's whistlelock, and I...I've been warcrack free for a year now.

Mostly I don't think about it, but Sundays are the worst. you know, when you've got all the chores done, the lawn is mowed, and you're too tired to write. That's when its bad.

I get involved with Beta's and Alpha's of other mmorpg's, you know to get rid of the itch....but it doesn't help.

It...doesn't help.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my name's whistlelock, and I...I've been warcrack free for a year now.

Mostly I don't think about it, but Sundays are the worst. you know, when you've got all the chores done, the lawn is mowed, and you're too tired to write. That's when its bad.

I get involved with Beta's and Alpha's of other mmorpg's, you know to get rid of the itch....but it doesn't help.

It...doesn't help.

:ROFL:

I sort of guessed it was WOW but wasn't sure.

We just let our accounts go this month because my husband is getting laid off. I have an 80 priest (yeah that was a pain) a 76 nerfadin oh I mean paladin 76 DK a 60 shammy and various other toons 35 and lower.

It's a lot of fun to play, it can get old after a while and breaks are needed, but balance can be attained.

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I sort of guessed it was WOW but wasn't sure.

We just let our accounts go this month because my husband is getting laid off. I have an 80 priest (yeah that was a pain) a 76 nerfadin oh I mean paladin 76 DK a 60 shammy and various other toons 35 and lower.

It's a lot of fun to play, it can get old after a while and breaks are needed, but balance can be attained.

Sorry to hear about your husband. I understand about the money, it is tight and I really can't afford to renew WoW. Thinking about canceling cable TV too. It would be different if there was any good programming but - is it just me? - TV is god awful these days.

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your husband. I understand about the money, it is tight and I really can't afford to renew WoW. Thinking about canceling cable TV too. It would be different if there was any good programming but - is it just me? - TV is god awful these days.

I've got to agree with you there. The only TV I have in the house now is one with a 12 inch screen. It smokes if you play a DVD feature length movie and only gets reception on PBS. (Gray fuzzy picture there, too):ROFL:

S'okay by me. It's just one less distraction to deal with. It always amazes me that people find their cable bill to be a "necessary living expense."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must discipline myself and get back to my WIP.;)

Last edited:

cherubsmummy

Experienced Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
There is nothing like a raiding guild implosion to drive you out of Azeroth and back into the real world.

Or switch to the Horde.

Signed,
Emma (80 human priest, 73 nelf hunter, 62 belf priest, multitude of lower characters)

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
Aww....now that's exactly what's kept me interested, the raiding and guild bit. Between hubby's coworkers, family, friends out of town, friends down the street...We have our own little group that are all raiding level and do pretty much most of the high end stuff. But we all work. We have families. We have other friends out of the wow-group. Just means we schedule usually one night a week for it and relax during the week.

And yes, we are horde because every time I've tried to play alliance I meet rather rude and unsociable people as I was reminded of the other day when I actually tried to pug something.

Never again. At least for a few months.

80 belf hunter, 80 resto/boom druid, 73 upcoming tank dk and lots of lil 'uns.

cherubsmummy

Experienced Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
That's what our guild was like. Hubby and I were charter members, and one of the reasons we formed the guild was to raid and still be able to give our kids the time and attention they need. Unfortunately the management of the guild changed, and with it the "casual" raiding. There were a lot of unhappy people. Long story short, I decided to reroll horde, and take a step back for a while. I have enjoyed levelling with a whole lot of different quests.

Not to mention that stepping back has done wonders for my other hobbies.

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
I was Alliance for a year, leveled a Paladin to 70 but then rerolled Horde. Then decided I needed a Horde on the same PvP server as my Pally, so I got a second account. Pathetic. I still wanted to play Alliance because my kids and my guild were alli on that server, but I wanted to play Horde because I'd made a bunch of Horde friends so I paid for two accounts for a long time. I ended up getting my own vent and having people from both sides in there at the same time in the same place, fighting and messing around. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.