Angels story in Woman's World!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all,

I found out this week I'm going to have a story in Woman's World in their Aug. 16th issue and my picture supposedly will be in it. (Just one page and I think I'm sharing the page with another contributor. My full name is Suzan Wiener and the feature is usually in the middle of the magazine, so hope you'll check it out in the supermarkets.:) Much good luck with your writing.

Hugs, Susie:)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Susie!

Was Amy Oscar the editor you submitted to? I've worked with her in the past. She's really nice.

I'll be looking for your piece. That reminds me, they owe me some money!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome, Susie! Congrats! :Clap:

I'm marking my calendar right now to remind me to buy it! :)

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all so much! Your warm congrats and kind words mean a lot to me! Much good luck with your writing.

Have a great weekend.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sus, congratulations! I had a story published with them two years ago. And Kate, I remember Amy Oscar... They wanted to change few lines, which is customary, but I put my foot down on one line. They said but we have to cut somewhere...and I said, "Not that line." I quickly scanned the piece and said, "aha, cut this." And they did. That's great, Sus.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Cass, Thanks so much for your congrats. Means a lot to me. Amy O. told me that she cut my story from 3 pages to 1, but what can ya do. I'm happy just to get my check.:) That's cool she went along with you. Much good luck with your writing and everyone's. Most appreciated.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all for your congrats, but I learned recently that my story won't appear in their 8/16 issue in Woman's World like I thought. I was sure it was definite but the editor called and said it wouldn't be used then. It could be used in the future, but who knows... It is a disappointment and we sure could have used the $100 they would have paid me.

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
:box: Lemme attam lemme attam!:mad:

:Shrug: Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that. At least the door was kept open, but I still send you a hug...:Hug2: :Sun: And a sun to light up your day.

Alright, corny I know, but come on. The sun smiley was just asking for it, and I'm hoping that you laughed, if only in exasperation at a horrible pun. Chin up, and keep trying! I wish you luck and creative brainstorms! :)

-alanna

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, Susie, I'm so sorry!! I hope they use it in the future, but it sure is disappointing right now, isn't it? Drat.

Are you evacuating for the storm? Hope you'll be safe, my friend. :Hug2:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your kind posts, Alanna and Anne. It's really appreciated. I just noticed it today, otherwise I would have thanked you way before this. Hope you're both doing great! :Hug2:

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Susan,

Good and bad news in one blow! But, like you said, they accepted it for publication so there's still hope for the future!

Reece

Torin

Wandering vaguely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cebarrett.com
sherri234 said:
Hi, all,

I found out this week I'm going to have a story in Woman's World in their Aug. 16th issue and my picture supposedly will be in it. (Just one page and I think I'm sharing the page with another contributor. My full name is Suzan Wiener and the feature is usually in the middle of the magazine, so hope you'll check it out in the supermarkets.:) Much good luck with your writing.

That is so great!! Congratulations!! I'll definitely have to look for it. Go, Suzan!
:Clap:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much Reece! You're super.

Torin, sure appreciate your congrats, but in my other post above here, it turne out that they decided NOT to use my story, which was a real downer, but what can ya do... Thanks very much, though.